Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
NothingButTheRain

Thanks to WG for GO NAVY! event!

72 comments in this topic

Players
5,976 posts
11,368 battles

Yes you read that right :Smile_great:

I see a lot of complaints and imo it's not as awesome as last years legendary halloween event was, but overall I had lots of fun with it!

The single missions that can appear each battle I liked. I also liked that these missions were available in coop and most were doable.

And of course the goodies are great!

It was kinda harder to get loads of extra single use camos though? At this moment I've amassed 38 shark and 23 eagles camos (along with an unknown amount of those USA camos), which seems a bit meh compared to the 100+ revolutionary and the tons of space camos I gotten during those events. But the other container goodies were very nice. The shark and eagles camos look nice and the bonusses are ok.

I haven't tried out the permacamo as I don't own wooster yet.

The only complaint (sorry WG :Smile_hiding:) I'd have is that it was kinda unavoidable and that it changed the behavior of teamplayers (like DDs popping smoke right at start because they needed to use 5 consumables for points) but I think this is ok mainly because this event was temporary.

But anyway, it was fun! And I think WG gotten enough flak now so a thank you would be nice I think. So there I go, thanks! :Smile_great:

• Cool 15
  • Bad 1

[TRRC]
[TRRC]
Players
248 posts
6,667 battles

I enjoyed it too.loads of coal was obtained, a little competition with the leaderboard was exciting too.so..thank you:)

Players
318 posts
10,773 battles

I also think that overall it has been a great event, my only problem was the balance between the 2 teams, I would have thought that WG would have learnt from the clash of the elements. The best thing to come out of the GO NAVY stuff has been the vast amount coal I have earned from containers. I hope in future wg can get the balancing of teams correct next time, but overall, good job.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
5,460 posts
13,485 battles

Plenty of coal earned, which is splendid; no complaints here!

• Cool 3

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,853 posts
Vor 12 Minuten, VeryHonarbrah sagte:

I would have thought that WG would have learnt from the clash of the elements.

but they have learned...with every day we had a "fresh start" and they did not force people into the losing team. That was much better than with the elements event...

[TOXIC]
Players
4,668 posts
11,791 battles
23 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

At this moment I've amassed 38 shark and 23 eagles camos (along with an unknown amount of those USA camos), which seems a bit meh compared to the 100+ revolutionary and the tons of space camos I gotten during those events.

Well, the camos you could get from this event are MUCH better than revolutionary ones, though. Shark and Eagle camos are one of the best camos out there - and stars and stripes (unfortunately since I don't like their look) are a cut above even those.

22 hours ago, Klopirat said:

but they have learned...with every day we had a "fresh start" and they did not force people into the losing team. That was much better than with the elements event...

They learned to minimize the impact of bad design (that inevitably leads to one team being much ahead) but they failed to notice the design mistakes that lead to such situation in the first place.

• Cool 2

Players
1,133 posts
7,085 battles

Nice event nice rewards (a lot of coal)

I'm sad I missed the beginning. 

I would have loved to see eagles win some days though. 

• Cool 1

[KAKE]
Players
2,527 posts
6,013 battles

I agree, this was a pretty good event. Some flaws, but nothing that really bothered me. I could pretty much play whatever I wanted, and get a bunch of extra coal plus some other goodies.

Minor niggles:

-The "competitive" aspect didn't really work that well. Not enough incentive to switch to the losing team, or just join the losing team to begin with.

-Team switch offer some times took an awful long time to appear. And it seems it takes longer after I started gathering Eagles loyalty.

-As mentioned in the other thread, it's a bit odd to stop selling the event containers this early, but whatever.

-In game missions weren't always practically doable. E.g. getting defense ribbons in a standard game requires a fair amount of luck.

-Yet another event that rewards high tier play a lot more than lower tiers... 

[SCRUB]
Players
5,760 posts
14,436 battles

I kinda missed it and now that I'm sick I sit in front of the PC a lot and cannot speed farm this...this makes me kinda sad!

Wish loyalty increased accordingly to the amount of points a players gained per day.

But nice of them to basically hand out free t10 camos.

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

yup, liked it. The rewards were good enough to be interesting but not too large and distributed in a way that helped avoid some frustration (I was mainly after an Eagles permacamo, so I didnt mind missing one daily container by joining the "losing" team every time. If the containers had been "better", I might have been annoyed^^).

One nitpick: I didnt like the RNG involved in when one got the team switch offer - tying a significant part of the rewards (in the form of loyalty) to a combination of randomness and sheer time spent is not great.

[BBMM]
Players
5,837 posts
7,379 battles

Yeah those RANDOM ASSIGNMENTS were quite funny, though i found out I missed some of them.

Or at least, I MISUNDERSTOOD. 

Was in division, and we all got the thing 'spot 9 torpedoes'. Guessed that would not be hard, since we were in a game with 2CVs per side and 4 DDs.

The only problem: My mate spotted those 9 torpedoes. And I ate 9 torpedoes. DUH!

• Funny 6

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

Hear, hear OP. Totally agree with you. I liked it as well. Just getting the tokens by playing the game. The special ingame missions weren't that hard and shouldn't you get them it's not the end of the world. I have been an utterly rock solid steady beacon of loyalty for the Sharkteam!!! (Now with the Eagles, because I won all the Shark tokens....)

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I'm 10 pts from max Shark Loyalty and I'll be picking up the DM camo.

Not bad considering the majority of my games have been Co Op....

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles

The event itself was fine.

Basically no requirements, which I like, so I could play any of my ships. Even though high tiers were incentivized, most of the time I wasn't in a rush to get it done, so it didn't really bother me.

Though I think that the "competition" part of it, both team v team and leaderboards were entirely pointless. Team v team will always be down to who has the most members and the leaderboards turned out to require something like 30+ battles in high tiers in a day to even get into the top 1000 on a slow day. Not even close to being worth it for just a single container.

Just wish there was an easy way to find out that the containers were going to be removed from sale at an arbitrary date before the actual event ended.

Weekend Tester
345 posts
21,774 battles

Yep, the Boys done good!  

A lot of people seem to have got a bit upset about the winning/loosing team thing  but I don't think it was ever about that - I read it as 'stick with one team until you get max loyalty points for free T10 perma camo then switch for containers full of goodies (coal, lovely coal):cap_happy:

[TOXIC]
Players
4,668 posts
11,791 battles
46 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I'm 10 pts from max Shark Loyalty and I'll be picking up the DM camo.

Not bad considering the majority of my games have been Co Op....

You're running out of time, better play enough of that coop to be able to decline a switch offer or you might find yourself a couple loyalty points short of the max. That would be extremely frustrating, I'd wager.

The last full event day is either tomorrow or a day after...

[ST33L]
[ST33L]
Beta Tester
91 posts
7,648 battles

Yes, this was a good event. A little confusing before it started on how to get the points and camo only. 

As for the team score, I was concerned that one side would dominate (and one did). But I guess they learned a bit from the warplanes event "allies vs axis", THAT was a failure of epic proportions! This was a similar event, only done correctly. Glad to see that wg is learning from their mistakes this time. 

• Cool 1

Players
5,976 posts
11,368 battles

22 hours ago, eliastion said:

Well, the camos you could get from this event are MUCH better than revolutionary ones, though. Shark and Eagle camos are one of the best camos out there - and stars and stripes (unfortunately since I don't like their look) are a cut above even those.

I actually like the revolutionary camo, they are a bit in between Ocean Soul (+100%xp and +20% credits) and the old Gamescom (+50% xp and +50% credits) and last weekend actually made me broke due to buying a couple new ships to cruise with :cat_cool:

So the revolutionary for +30%, wyvern +50% and zulu +20 credit boosters are a nice thing to put on my USS Moneymaker :Smile_coin:

21 hours ago, BLUB__BLUB said:

Yeah those RANDOM ASSIGNMENTS were quite funny, though i found out I missed some of them.

Or at least, I MISUNDERSTOOD. 

Was in division, and we all got the thing 'spot 9 torpedoes'. Guessed that would not be hard, since we were in a game with 2CVs per side and 4 DDs.

The only problem: My mate spotted those 9 torpedoes. And I ate 9 torpedoes. DUH!

Oh yes I remember that mission! :Smile_teethhappy:

I spotted 6 torps in coop before I died :Smile_facepalm:(and guess how I died....yup! :Smile_hiding:).

20 hours ago, Nechrom said:

The event itself was fine.

Basically no requirements, which I like, so I could play any of my ships. Even though high tiers were incentivized, most of the time I wasn't in a rush to get it done, so it didn't really bother me.

I think WG made the higher tiers somewhat more rewarding (in a sloping way, gradually more reward for each tier stepped up) to prevent tier 5 from getting overfarmed. Imo it was the right decision, but it did mean I had a HARD time grinding my tier 8 ships (particularly my 2 tier 8 German ships).

[TOXIC]
Players
4,668 posts
11,791 battles
18 minutes ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I actually like the revolutionary camo, they are a bit in between Ocean Soul (+100%xp and +20% credits) and the old Gamescom (+50% xp and +50% credits) and last weekend actually made me broke due to buying a couple new ships to cruise with :cat_cool:

So the revolutionary for +30%, wyvern +50% and zulu +20 credit boosters are a nice thing to put on my USS Moneymaker :Smile_coin:

I'm not saying these are bad camos. Just that they can't hold a candle to something with a +75% Commander XP, +100% to XP, +50% Free XP combo. I mean, sure, you can get more credits out of them but let's face it, credits are pretty easy to come by compared to XP and freeXP - and especially considering the way +XP and +FreeXP bonuses stack, a camo that gives the latter bonus on top of "standard" +100% XP is extremely valuable.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
Players
151 posts
8,600 battles

Agree, loads of coal, plenty of free XP camos, etc and those special signal flags - a nice haul (=

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

You're running out of time, better play enough of that coop to be able to decline a switch offer or you might find yourself a couple loyalty points short of the max. That would be extremely frustrating, I'd wager.

The last full event day is either tomorrow or a day after...

Well I've got today, Tues and Wed surely? I'll have 10 pts by the end of Tues since its 5 a day?

3 from getting anything with that team and 2 for staying loyal?

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
4 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

I also liked that these missions were available in coop and most were doable.

The missions were a nice way to get some extra points, but... my god where they frustrating. They might be "randomly assigned", but quite often I found them to assign at the polar opposites. 

"Earn at least 3 defended ribbons", game is standard mode

" Score at least 50 secondary battery hits", triggered by a ship without any noticable secondaries

" Earn at least 50 ribbons", triggered by a ship that has a slow ROF & little AA/secondaries

• Cool 3

Sign in to follow this