Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

ShipComrade.com is Shutting down!

13 comments in this topic

[ONE2]
Players
3,083 posts
21,178 battles

I admit it, I have never fully supported them. :Smile_hiding:

Though to my defense, this is the first time I've heard about them also. But I guess that's no defense.:Smile_sad:

excuse-1-1.jpg.985936cbb71192f6e117817a135e101a.jpg

• Cool 1

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,169 battles

Well, I am sad to see it goes that way but to bve honest it's just commander skill build repository. 

https://wowsft.com/ that site have way more advanced tools for ship build planning. 

• Cool 1

[I-J-N]
Players
4,148 posts
1 hour ago, Episparh said:

Well, I am sad to see it goes that way but to bve honest it's just commander skill build repository. 

https://wowsft.com/ that site have way more advanced tools for ship build planning. 

Maybe the two sites should be integrated? I've made some use of ShipComrade.com in the past (another poor sod here, though) so I have to salute their service to the community. :Smile_honoring:

[-AP-]
Players
2,496 posts
6,082 battles

Wasnt shipcomrade that site with the really over the top annoying user interface, like tons of visuals all trying to stand out, that just creates a website that is an eye-soar to look at? Or am i remembering the wrong website?

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
2 hours ago, Episparh said:

nah.. it had nice player ranking with all those filters. usually used it to check for the most persistent players in ranked season.

[PANEU]
Players
1,401 posts
14,169 battles
3 minutes ago, robihr said:

nah.. it had nice player ranking with all those filters. usually used it to check for the most persistent players in ranked season.

I do not care for players' stats but prefer to see the aspect of the ship modules and commander skills before I apply them, else the mistakes cost doublons. 

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

with those as his last words, I am having a really hard time feeling any kind of sadness or compassion...

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,572 posts
6,736 battles

The statement on the website won’t motivate anyone to pay for him and his website - that’s for sure 

While I visited the page a couple of times I can’t foresee anyone to pay  for that to be honest 

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles
7 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

with those as his last words, I am having a really hard time feeling any kind of sadness or compassion...

Yes this for me too. Like it's some given right one claims to ask for money. I did chip in with Aslain and some CC's because I see them do awesome work and really do bring in a lot of effort. I didn't really see that in SC though. Actually I only looked at the captain builds. And even that was based on votes instead of some clear explanation: f.e. how to build Kurry (tank or secondary).

[RONIN]
Players
1,664 posts
8,589 battles
2 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

You cant really blame him can you?

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
3 minutes ago, HMS_Argosax said:

You cant really blame him can you?

for that kind of public whiny behaviour? why shouldn't I? if he had just posted a "can't sustain the costs anymore, shutting down" message, that would've been totally fine... but this rubbish? yeah no

Players
4,013 posts

Ive made use of the captain skill calculator and LWM (and crew) reviews. Gonna miss those for sure.

But the thing is ... if I would want to support all WG CCs that I watch with lets say 5eur / per month ... id be insta broke. So nah, got enough problems justifying "occasional" WG expenses to ma wife :)

Sign in to follow this