Paulus001

A way to identify seal clubbers

35 comments in this topic

[-IF-]
Players
18 posts
8,139 battles

In world of tanks there is a config you can add to the XVM file that goes something like {t-battles}.  This shows you the number of games the player has in THAT particular tank.
Something like this would be useful for new players like me.. we could focus fire that player.  I just played a game in my free tier 2 IJN DD and was shocked to see I was "LOCATED"  at tier 2 this means someone has got at least 10points on a captain maybe 14 (as DDs tend to get CE first).

After the match I found the tier 2 DD has 16k games and the  Dresden had 12k  There was not a single chance of our team winning that game.  I could have saved myself 8 minutes and just left and gone and played another game

• Cool 1
  • Bad 5
  • Angry 2

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

Many games does not equal skills. I have seen quite a few players with many thousends of battles posting on these forums asking about very basic gameplay knowledge things. The best way to play is to simply not concern yourself with the stats of other players. Just accept every win and loss as what they are. A part of the game.

Sometimes I like to play my low tier ships too. As they are mostly premium ships I gained through playing the game, I will of course put my good captains on them to farm a bit of elite captain XP. It would be a shame to not use the ships I own and I would perform well even without those trained captains (as I sometimes also use them to train new captains I can say with certainty that this is true at least for myself). The captain skills can't make up for the player skills and on those low tiers they do not provide much of an advantage. Radio location might be an exception as most players on those tiers havn't learned to deal with it just yet. Such situations are still a chance to improve your own skills. You'll learn valuable lessons about those captain skills (like not parking in smoke when you are "located") and you can observe those other players to see what they are doing better then you and try to adapt it for yourself in future battles.

I admit that it isn't exactly the best situation for you. It isn't for players like me either. I don't want to be a seal clubber, which is why I play very rarely on those tiers, despite the fact that I enjoy some of those ships very much. I'm in constant conflict with myself whenever I take them for a spin.

• Cool 5

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,669 battles
Vor 26 Minuten, Paulus001 sagte:

I could have saved myself 8 minutes and just left and gone and played another game

And because there are idiots like you, this idea is really bad. Deserting your team just because you think you won't win is egoistic and also against the rules. Plus it is stupid, because you always have a chance to win. Unless your team has that one tard that goes afk for whatever reason.

• Cool 6

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
44 minutes ago, Paulus001 said:

I could have saved myself 8 minutes and just left and gone and played another game

Missed that line.

I don't know how it is handled in WoT but in WoWs you actually get punished by the client for intentionally being AFK or leaving the battle early. If you start a battle, you are supposed to fight it till the end no matter the opposition or composition of your team. The matchmaker is making the choices on those and you agreed to that when you offered yourself as a participant by pressing the "Battle" button.

[PUPSI]
Privateer
10,807 posts
Gerade eben, Egoleter sagte:

but in WoWs you actually get punished by the client for intentionally being AFK or leaving the battle early.

but not enough...

• Cool 3

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts
1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

but not enough...

While it is a sentiment I can agree with, that would be a different topic.

We also need remember that there needs to be a balanced approach to some things as not every AFK or disconnect is intentional and those who are affected by those unintentional ones are already suffering in a different way.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,420 posts
13,339 battles

xvm is a plague in WOT - too many people place far too much faith in stats, and the effect on the game is detrimental. The lack of xvm (or similar) in WOWS is, in my view, a major plus for the game!

As to the OP: if you run away blubbing in the face of every seal-clubber, you'll never learn a damn thing; develop some minerals, and play the game  - sure, you may get a tonking the first couple of times, but so long as you learn from the experience, you'll be returning the favour in fairly short order. If you get blown up early, follow one or other of your team-mates; watch what they do, and you may learn something useful which will help you in future battles...

• Cool 4

Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

I was afraid this might come up one day. However: I found the solution. When I go sealclu... eerrr, go back to lower tiers for educational motives I use a very discrete cammo, which is hardly noticed by anyone. Just to blend in and you won't recognize me as a "sealclubber."

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.8e1d1372bc798c702f703195a8ad9d23.jpg

• Funny 1

[-GG-]
Players
329 posts
18,695 battles

WoT and WoWs aren't comparable at all. Totaly different game objectives, strategies, map size and units usefulness.

WoT is nothing more than a coordinated run'n'gun shootout. "Cap base" isn't an objective at all. All tank classes are mostly deemed to short range brawling.  Therefore a noob LT in WoT is simply a free frag.

In WoWs even a noob Shima can be a key factor against unicum Yamato.

Unlike in WoT, in WoWs I haven't noticed real sealclubbing at all. If any, then probably low tier CVs where enemy DFAA practicaly doesn't exist and a skilled CV may attack any target without any counter damage.   

[THESO]
Players
796 posts
On 19. 8. 2018 at 5:03 PM, Paulus001 said:

Dont play this game if you want to be XVM scrub. Btw leaving game because you saw good player on the enemy team makes you pathethic human trash.

Dont do it. Thx

• Cool 1

Players
1,420 posts
8,350 battles

Amount of battles isn't a thing. There is someone in a tier 5 carrier with more than 5000 battles which I meet a couple of times. I managed to defeat him all the times when playing with my Zuiho.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts
On ‎19‎.‎08‎.‎2018 at 5:03 PM, Paulus001 said:

I bet u are the type of player who uses xvm winchance and goes noobteam.....bye.....and failing to see that u yourself are part of the reason the winratio is low.

Xvm and those stat rating sites are cancer to the games.

• Cool 4

[TAYTO]
Players
794 posts
8,201 battles
On 19/08/2018 at 4:03 PM, Paulus001 said:

... was shocked to see I was "LOCATED"  at tier 2 this means someone has got at least 10points on a captain maybe 14 (as DDs tend to get CE first)...

I think you'll find LOCATED means you were LOCATED by someone, could be anyone at any skill level and with any number of battles, they just had a stealthier DD than you.

• Cool 1

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles

The Aslain Mod Pack has a Matchmaking Monitor.

Also you can gert a quick idea by looking at their badges in the team list, although that is inaccurate... but if they have an emblem instead if a badge, they must have completed at least one fairly non-trivial task in at least a tier 8 ship or other.

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles
Am 19.8.2018 um 17:33, Commander_Cornflakes sagte:

And because there are idiots like you, this idea is really bad.

The actual culprit is Wargaming because they don't do anything about the sealclubbing.

When I remember all the outcries and all the bitching and silly whining about the matchmaking - that really seems to get in people's grilles.

However, a skilled player in a low tier ship with a super advanced captain is a much more unfair advantage than, say, an extra radar ship on the enemy team.

Let alone a division of such players.

And what's more, it's frustrating new players right at the start, so this inactivity is another really bad move marketingwise, too.

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,669 battles
Vor 52 Minuten, Nautical_Metaphor sagte:

The actual culprit is Wargaming because they don't do anything about the sealclubbing.

Protected MM, removal of manual attacks on T4 and T5, what more do you need?

Players
2,182 posts
20,314 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Commander_Cornflakes sagte:

Protected MM, removal of manual attacks on T4 and T5, what more do you need?

None of that prevents advanced players preying on rookies in OP ships and more to the point, with OP captains.

I don't know why you even bother to mention those.

• Cool 1

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts
On 8/19/2018 at 4:03 PM, Paulus001 said:

In world of tanks there is a config you can add to the XVM file that goes something like {t-battles}.  This shows you the number of games the player has in THAT particular tank.
Something like this would be useful for new players like me.. we could focus fire that player.  I just played a game in my free tier 2 IJN DD and was shocked to see I was "LOCATED"  at tier 2 this means someone has got at least 10points on a captain maybe 14 (as DDs tend to get CE first).

After the match I found the tier 2 DD has 16k games and the  Dresden had 12k  There was not a single chance of our team winning that game.  I could have saved myself 8 minutes and just left and gone and played another game

You have played getting on for 2000 battles total and about 500 at T6 and T7 .... You can't really whine about T2 seal clubbing when you are trying to do the same. :Smile_sceptic: Also...if you are a battle quitter then sod off back to tanks. 

• Cool 1

Players
4 posts
84 battles
On 19.8.2018 at 6:03 PM, Paulus001 said:

I just played a game in my free tier 2 IJN DD and was shocked to see I was "LOCATED"  at tier 2 this means someone has got at least 10points on a captain maybe 14 (as DDs tend to get CE first).

Well, I like to see good players in any team. And if someone is very good it means that I can also be as good when I  train hard.  So at least for me to join a battle  where there are good players with thousands of battles  is just a privilege.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
1,884 posts
3,701 battles
On 8/20/2018 at 3:13 PM, Verblonde said:

xvm is a plague in WOT - too many people place far too much faith in stats, and the effect on the game is detrimental. The lack of xvm (or similar) in WOWS is, in my view, a major plus for the game!

But it does exist as an external app that runs along side WoWS it's called Match Making Monitor, and detects replay files as a battle starts to poll the Wows api for player stats.

[SM0KE]
Players
5,420 posts
13,339 battles
12 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

But it does exist as an external app that runs along side WoWS it's called Match Making Monitor, and detects replay files as a battle starts to poll the Wows api for player stats.

It does? Yuk! Didn't know that.

Anyone who uses it: I hope your willy catches fire, and drops off, setting your trousers on fire in the process...!

• Funny 2

Players
5,976 posts
11,310 battles
On 21-8-2018 at 8:09 AM, Ferry_25 said:

I was afraid this might come up one day. However: I found the solution. When I go sealclu... eerrr, go back to lower tiers for educational motives I use a very discrete cammo, which is hardly noticed by anyone. Just to blend in and you won't recognize me as a "sealclubber."

Clipboard01.thumb.jpg.8e1d1372bc798c702f703195a8ad9d23.jpg

I sometimes am guilty of forgetting to enable the red shell tracers of Yamamoto in my Ishizuchi :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[-IF-]
Players
18 posts
8,139 battles
9 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

You have played getting on for 2000 battles total and about 500 at T6 and T7 .... You can't really whine about T2 seal clubbing when you are trying to do the same. :Smile_sceptic: Also...if you are a battle quitter then sod off back to tanks. 

Au contraire, it is BECASUE of tanks that I realised a LONG time ago, that the sweet spot was tier 5,6,7 as they were affordable to play as well as being competitive.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
933 posts
9 minutes ago, Paulus001 said:

Au contraire, it is BECASUE of tanks that I realised a LONG time ago, that the sweet spot was tier 5,6,7 as they were affordable to play as well as being competitive.

This wouldn't by any chance be u in wot?

Sealclubbing thread in wows and a proper sealclubber yourself.

1462.PNG

[-IF-]
Players
18 posts
8,139 battles
21 minutes ago, siramra said:

This wouldn't by any chance be u in wot?

Sealclubbing thread in wows and a proper sealclubber yourself.

1462.PNG

Alas, the tier 1 WAS seal clubbing in my youthful days when I was led astray. I no longer partake!
As I said before tier 5,6 and 7 is sweet spot for free gaming, I admit that 11k games in T-67 could be construed as  statpadding but NOT sealclubbing!

• Funny 2