You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

(speculation) what will ruski battleships be like?

51 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
3,155 posts
8,096 battles

There isn't any official info on Russian bbs, but since it's wg, it's obvious that they get added sooner rather than later, so I thought it could be fun to speculate a bit. 

Germany has brawlers, Murcia has their all rounders, japs have their sniping guns, French have their speed etc. 

What do you think that the ruski national BB trait will be? 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,887 posts
12,939 battles

Prepare for a lot of Russian bias nonsense. :cap_old:

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
23 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Germany has brawlers, Murcia has their all rounders, japs have their sniping guns, French have their speed etc. 

Im pretty sure they will have DCP like Oktobrskaya. That will help them to deal with the HE-Spam-Meta, which was lately and is currently pushed. Makes sense, doesnt it?

• Cool 4

Players
10,887 posts
12,590 battles
30 minutes ago, thiextar said:

There isn't any official info on Russian bbs, but since it's wg, it's obvious that they get added sooner rather than later, so I thought it could be fun to speculate a bit. 

Looking at what Russians got for DD (Khaba) and cruiser (Moskva) I expect nothing short of floating island with guns. A lot of them.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,142 posts
11,268 battles

50mm plating and "trust us, we totally tested these guns and they total have that rate of fire and ridiculous penetration" guns.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 4

[DREAD]
Players
690 posts
14 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Nikolai and Revolutzia should provide some hints.

Well Warspite wasn't really a hint for the Techtree either. Aside from her sister ship. She isn't particulary known for good HE performance, super heal or stealth.

Same probably for OR and Nikolai. They might be similiar to Tier 4 and 5 ships, since, well, WW1 ships in Russia were basically all the same with some relativly minor changes.

Players
10,887 posts
12,590 battles
1 minute ago, Exocet6951 said:

50mm plating and "trust us, we totally tested this guns and they total have that rate of fire and ridiculous penetration" guns.

60mm superstructure so it can withstand German HE

• Funny 1

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
5,742 posts
29,015 battles

They will have planes, TBs, DBs, fighters, 1 squadron each.

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles
43 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Nikolai and Revolutzia should provide some hints.

Yeah, low tiers will be practically invulnerable to HE damage, with garbage guns, while I expect high tiers to get designs that have crappy maneuverability, mediocre AA, but Russian high velocity guns with long range, if the battlecruisers and the Sovietsky Soyuz gun designs are anything to go by.

Players
1,280 posts
10,331 battles

I could swear I heard devs say the October Revolution repair party will be a national flavour.

So you'll get a bit of short-term tankiness, but if you use it you'll pay in the long term.

Honestly I'd be happy if the tree is something like October Revolution. I like that ship. It's a well balanced, old-fashioned BB but with that quirk in damage control that makes me remember I'm playing a specific ship.

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
2,875 posts
7,295 battles

Instead of making a wall of text, i'll just post some photos :Smile_Default:

5b799ce86b643_russianbattleshipsneverwere.thumb.jpg.425cf149633e042d8687a78430ce8ec3.jpg

Bottom one is Stalingrad. 

Middle one is Kronshtahd with german 380mm guns. 

Top one is sovjetski soyuz. 

But you all know those already. 

Here is the gem. 

5b799ce1ea9e9_bubnov-16in-1914-artistimpression.jpg.68a026c102a7b8d8d3527d030206956d.jpg

Bubunov class, 16 inch guns. Was some study. 

irn16in1917artistimpression.jpg.f3226a5a410ad1c9584cd276c9024c12.jpg

Artist impression of a totally balanced BB :Smile_veryhappy:

irnultimate.thumb.jpg.3d97dd6838de79a1fbebbe46dee90998.jpg

And the piece de resistance, TX Nikolai with 16 430mm guns, again totally balanced :Smile_trollface: (prolly a premium XD) 

• Funny 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,080 battles

2 hours ago, 22cm said:

They will have planes, TBs, DBs, fighters, 1 squadron each.

Oddly enough, I heard they do have plans for a cv-bb hybrid, supposedly larger the the kurry.A2D2CCA1-F090-4C9C-BE1D-733846A49FAA.jpeg.50305d1e2eb5cc884952bbb5217f1e18.jpeg

and because WG it will be designated as a cruiser(seriously just make a BC class) for the lols+ Stalinium AP divebombers that will permafuck everything+MIGs to pwn all them planes, and then if any gets through aa will spam vodka bottles at 6000rpm at them till the fighters get drunk and fall out of the sky

that said, even Stalin thought that it was too excessive, so it was cancelled.

to op tho: I say RU bbs, if WG is not drunk on vodka, will probably consist of plenty of ww1 pre-dreads with gangut’s dcp, maybe some converted foreign ships like Arkhangel'sk, with railguns similar to RU cruisers that W have currently+ maybe a higher focus on armor in terms of thickness rather then schemes like KM but in general I say they can only really fill RU bb slots up to t6, maybe t7 if they are really pushing it with whatever plans in real life,to fill the rest they would need a lot of vodka, since Soviets did not really build much in the way of bbs since their armor making was crap or something.

eg.

Sovetsky Soyuz class bbs according to wiki, has 420mm at the thickest area of the main belt, but uses 3x3 406mm, presumably without the super heavy shell, while still being longer then Yamato, so certainly undergunned, while only being a knot faster.

TLDR:

railguns for the main guns, reletively slow in general, thicker amor belts in general compared to other nations of the same tier, probably a choice between regular dcp or Gangut’s dcp sounds like the most viable option if WG is not drunk on vodka.

tier 1-5 will prob consist of nothing but pre-dreads, Gangut being t6 with proper railguns, not really sure where to put the rest.

• Funny 3

Players
6,338 posts
13,095 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

Super accurate railgun guns with improved overmatch angles.

Armor that has better autobounce angles vs incoming shells.

Standard BB heal, but heals 33% of citadel damage (tiers 9 and 10 heal 75% of citadel damage).

Repair Party Reload Booster.

All USSR BBs have an internal extra +5% dispersion vs enemy shells fired at them, build right into the ship :Smile_great:

EDIT: Decks and superstructure are made out of asbestos :Smile_trollface:

Players
289 posts
2,860 battles

Maybe smoke battleships with an immunity to fire damage. And the ability to commit small range teleports across the map and fire golden serb faces at your enemies. :Smile_trollface:

Players
6,338 posts
13,095 battles

Oh and they have relatively weak AA...BUT most will receive a weak version of DefAA with +150% damage that lasts for 80 seconds (premium version lasts 120 seconds).

Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,891 battles

Well, Russian destroyers are basically cruisers and Russian cruisers are basically battleships. The logical advancement is obviously that Russian battleships will fire HE plane homing shells that inflicts flooding damage instead of fires whilst preserving the 'historical' feature of 1000 ms-1 initial shell velocity.

• Funny 1