You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Praevasc

Noob concentration in high tiers?

72 comments in this topic

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles

Most of the time I played various ships of various nations on tier 5, sometimes 6.

After recently unlocking a few tier 7 ships, I got a taste of high tier (tiers 7-9) gameplay.

I was shocked to find out how much worse the teamplay and tactics on those tiers is. In tier 5 there are some occasional inexperience players, but few, and they are eager to learn and correct their mistakes. However, in matches mostly dominated by tier 8, in every single match I can see most or all of the following:

- a battleship hitting reverse as soon as the match starts, and then going straight for a corner or behind an island close to a corner.  Waits there until nearly the end of the match, and with 5 minutes remaining sails onwards, kills 2 or 3 heavily damaged ships, but the match is then already inevitably lost. Seems to be fixated on kill rate and nothing else. Almost always has a win rate well below 40%.

- one or two battleships start by turning 90° in the starting position, then spending the match casually sailing forwards and backwards with full broadside to the rest of the map, taking potshots from their maximum range when someone else gets an enemy destroyer spotted (and almost never hitting anything)

- one cruiser (sometimes battleship) going full speed in the opposite direction from everyone else, suicide charging the enemy, and getting blown up in 2-3 minutes after the start.

- at least 1 or 2 players starting the match AFK, probably browsing the web while the game loads and forgetting themselves, then joining in 5 minutes after the match started.

- A row of battleships sailing in a straight line with constant speed on the edge of the map.

- Players with win rates of around 30% or at most 40% doing stupid things, and when given hints what to do, answering "STFU noob!"

- Destroyers popping up smoke and launching all torpedoes towards the center of the map, before the first enemy ship is spotted.

- Carriers starting dogfights above enemy ships, chasing returning bombers instead of engaging nearby bombers which are heading towards friendly ships.

I very rarely see such blatant incompetence in mid-tier games.

What happened to higher tiers?

With premium ships I could understand it, but most of them are not even driving premium ships! How can someone grind up to tier 8 or 9 without even the slightest idea of how to play the game?

I'm not saying I'm a pro, I probably make a lot of mistakes too, but the incompetence I can see in many tier 8-9 players is just mindblowing. Now winning or losing the match seems completely random, and decided solely by how many AFK or completely clueless players end up in my team.

• Cool 11
  • Funny 1

Players
6,323 posts
10,537 battles
Just now, Praevasc said:

For many players, T10 is the "end-game". Which is sort of a wrong way of looking at the game, since we dont have really end-game. Bad players fail their way up the high-tiers, since nothing is stopping them. They want to have the strongest ship to finaly be good. But they fail to understand, that the enemys have access to the very same ships. And if they would be stopped by the ingame-economics, they are happy to open their wallet. Even after every game if necessary - ive seen this in streams. Thats why bad players concentrate on T10. So yea, I came to the same conclusion as you: I dont recommend playing alone starting at T8 - you are at the complete mercy of what the matchmaking is serving you.

• Cool 3

[JRM]
Players
6,278 posts
24,145 battles

Just Enjoy the mid tiers grind what u want to t10 and Bugger the rest

• Cool 1

[_IRN_]
Players
359 posts
11,621 battles

The gameplay these days is so bad cause of totally *edited* players. WG must address the problem and put a serius MM into place

But im sure they will never do it because milking moneys from the useless players seems the most easy way to make cash

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 2
  • Angry 1

[BBMM]
Players
5,769 posts
7,322 battles
7 minutes ago, Yedwy said:

Just Enjoy the mid tiers grind what u want to t10 and Bugger the rest

I'd say then keep the ships that you like most, no matter what tier, and play them after you have sifted through the lot. 

Oh yeah, and hope they are below T8 (LOL).

• Cool 2

[BBMM]
Players
5,769 posts
7,322 battles
16 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

- Destroyers popping up smoke and launching all torpedoes towards the center of the map, before the first enemy ship is spotted

Besides the popping smoke (why??), actually sending 'nukes ahead' to caps is good tactics. 

Unless, what I often see, there is a teammate already ahead (argh...).

• Funny 1

Players
625 posts
8,493 battles

At the higher tiers there are more players With experience and more opinions and personal strategy about what to do and where to go first, the simplicity of the game is often forgotten and teamplay hurts because of it

The"I know best attitude" is worse the higher you get

that's my 2 cents about that

[HUN]
Players
235 posts
2,312 battles
1 minute ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

At the higher tiers there are more players With experience and more opinions and personal strategy about what to do and where to go first, the simplicity of the game is often forgotten and teamplay hurts because of it

If someone has a total win rate well below 40% it means being so bad that most often is the primary cause of the team getting defeated.

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,520 battles
22 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

For many players, T10 is the "end-game". Which is sort of a wrong way of looking at the game, since we dont have really end-game. Bad players fail their way up the high-tiers, since nothing is stopping them. They want to have the strongest ship to finaly be good. But they fail to understand, that the enemys have access to the very same ships. And if they would be stopped by the ingame-economics, they are happy to open their wallet. Even after every game if necessary - ive seen this in streams. Thats why bad players concentrate on T10. So yea, I came to the same conclusion as you: I dont recommend playing alone starting at T8 - you are at the complete mercy of what the matchmaking is serving you.

This. I made this mistake. 

Luckily I'm on the forums here, so you guys could point me out on it. 

Players
625 posts
8,493 battles
1 minute ago, Praevasc said:

If someone has a total win rate well below 40% it means being so bad that most often is the primary cause of the team getting defeated.

Takes more than 1 such player to drag the team Down but it sure helps 

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,655 posts
11,732 battles
30 minutes ago, Praevasc said:

- Destroyers popping up smoke and launching all torpedoes towards the center of the map, before the first enemy ship is spotted.

Depending on situation (where exactly the smoke is popped, when and where the torps are launched), you might've actually witnessed good DDs that prepare smoke for (hopefully) supporting cruisers and launch some early torps based on RPF (on assumption that torps will reload before they're needed for more standard torping anyway).

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
21 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Depending on situation (where exactly the smoke is popped, when and where the torps are launched), you might've actually witnessed good DDs that prepare smoke for (hopefully) supporting cruisers and launch some early torps based on RPF (on assumption that torps will reload before they're needed for more standard torping anyway).

Both of which I do very frequently, in fact most of the smokes I deploy are for cruiser cover or to obscure parts of my teams battle line from enemy sight, I make no claims to being a good DD player, but I do have some experience. 

I've sunk more than a few with area denial torpedoes and pushed far more out of position, most DD drivers with any clue do the same and expect it to be done at them.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,655 posts
11,732 battles
12 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Both of which I do very frequently, in fact most of the smokes I deploy are for cruiser cover or to obscure parts of my teams battle line from enemy sight, I make no claims to being a good DD player, but I do have some experience. 

I've sunk more than a few with area denial torpedoes and pushed far more out of position, most DD drivers with any clue do the same and expect it to be done at them.

[You've seen NOTHING here]

...and here I commented on NOTHING :Smile_trollface:

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
Just now, eliastion said:

...this thread has one (not full) page, though...

Whoops had been reading the Radar moan thread and my brain hasn't had enough coffee, will edit, please do the same :cap_cool:

• Funny 1

[_IRN_]
Players
359 posts
11,621 battles
24 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Takes more than 1 such player to drag the team Down but it sure helps 

nowadays at high tiers a team is composed of 1/2 with winrate over 55% another 1/2 around 50% and all the other are useless players with 30/40% winrate that just ruining the game

[TOXIC]
Players
4,655 posts
11,732 battles
6 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Whoops had been reading the Radar moan thread and my brain hasn't had enough coffee, will edit, please do the same :cap_cool:

I did, nobody will realize now :Smile_trollface:

Players
625 posts
8,493 battles
5 minutes ago, LordMeru said:

nowadays at high tiers a team is composed of 1/2 with winrate over 55% another 1/2 around 50% and all the other are useless players with 30/40% winrate that just ruining the game

1/2 + 1/2 + all the others?

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Beta Tester
1,971 posts
12,852 battles
55 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Or you might have witnessed someone just derp out and forget to hit "Enter" before typing something with the letter T in it.

I'm guessing here, of course, cos I have never done something so silly on a regular basis. Definitely not. Nope. No way.

• Funny 3

[CATS]
Players
26,126 posts
14,103 battles
1 hour ago, Praevasc said:

Most of the time I played various ships of various nations on tier 5, sometimes 6.

After recently unlocking a few tier 7 ships, I got a taste of high tier (tiers 7-9) gameplay.

I was shocked to find out how much worse the teamplay and tactics on those tiers is. In tier 5 there are some occasional inexperience players, but few, and they are eager to learn and correct their mistakes. However, in matches mostly dominated by tier 8, in every single match I can see most or all of the following:

- a battleship hitting reverse as soon as the match starts, and then going straight for a corner or behind an island close to a corner.  Waits there until nearly the end of the match, and with 5 minutes remaining sails onwards, kills 2 or 3 heavily damaged ships, but the match is then already inevitably lost. Seems to be fixated on kill rate and nothing else. Almost always has a win rate well below 40%.

- one or two battleships start by turning 90° in the starting position, then spending the match casually sailing forwards and backwards with full broadside to the rest of the map, taking potshots from their maximum range when someone else gets an enemy destroyer spotted (and almost never hitting anything)

- one cruiser (sometimes battleship) going full speed in the opposite direction from everyone else, suicide charging the enemy, and getting blown up in 2-3 minutes after the start.

- at least 1 or 2 players starting the match AFK, probably browsing the web while the game loads and forgetting themselves, then joining in 5 minutes after the match started.

- A row of battleships sailing in a straight line with constant speed on the edge of the map.

- Players with win rates of around 30% or at most 40% doing stupid things, and when given hints what to do, answering "STFU noob!"

- Carriers starting dogfights above enemy ships, chasing returning bombers instead of engaging nearby bombers which are heading towards friendly ships.

With premium ships I could understand it, but most of them are not even driving premium ships! How can someone grind up to tier 8 or 9 without even the slightest idea of how to play the game?

I'm not saying I'm a pro, I probably make a lot of mistakes too, but the incompetence I can see in many tier 8-9 players is just mindblowing. Now winning or losing the match seems completely random, and decided solely by how many AFK or completely clueless players end up in my team.

All Tiers are filled with inexperienced players.

But on low and mid Tier it is easier to carry alone. Most players need more team support on high Tier and then the lack of skill becomes more obvious.

Just met two players who were absolutelyy convinced that going A on Islands of Ice was the correct tactic and all other 10 players in the team were wrong.

• Cool 1

[TACHA]
[TACHA]
Beta Tester
25 posts

Toxic.

Random is just that. Random players playing at different skill levels. Some learn and get better and some don't. What we are asking for here is now putting in place restrictions to stop players from accessing higher levels ?. Really we need in place such draconian measures to try and reduce the player base ?

Just carry on the toxic chat in game and I am sure this will reduce the amount of people playing the game. Next the forums will be full of threads "This game is dead ".

I play for the enjoyment in random. I know I am not best skilled at this game and as such I stay away from clan matches cause of that. Now these so called "professional " players want to put in place restrictions cause it spoils their game. Stay out of random matches then and if you can't, keep your comments to yourself in match. I see sometimes Toxic comments within 1 min of a match starting if a player does not like how the fleet spreads out. Sorry who put you in charge of the game. Did we all join a clan match and now taking orders from you ?

You can't control a group of random players no matter how good you think you are or if you know your tactics are 100% correct and will win the battle. People do what they want to do. I see players clicking on another player "Why they over their when they need to be here " MAYBE you have not seen a problem they have seen like a DD sneaking around the edge of the map and is not now on the map.

Another classic is the "Lemming train" were people complain and then head off on their own to another point only to be sunk 1 min later as they get overwhelmed and then blame everyone else. SORRY but YOU choose to do it. You might have the right idea and it is a proven tactic on the map but if you go alone then you take the consequences.

RANDOM IS JUST THAT. Play it and do your best but leave the attitude out of the game.

• Cool 4

[_IRN_]
Players
359 posts
11,621 battles
On 8/19/2018 at 4:02 PM, Sadism said:

Toxic.

Random is just that. Random players playing at different skill levels. Some learn and get better and some don't. What we are asking for here is now putting in place restrictions to stop players from accessing higher levels ?. Really we need in place such draconian measures to try and reduce the player base ?

Just carry on the toxic chat in game and I am sure this will reduce the amount of people playing the game. Next the forums will be full of threads "This game is dead ".

I play for the enjoyment in random. I know I am not best skilled at this game and as such I stay away from clan matches cause of that. Now these so called "professional " players want to put in place restrictions cause it spoils their game. Stay out of random matches then and if you can't, keep your comments to yourself in match. I see sometimes Toxic comments within 1 min of a match starting if a player does not like how the fleet spreads out. Sorry who put you in charge of the game. Did we all join a clan match and now taking orders from you ?

You can't control a group of random players no matter how good you think you are or if you know your tactics are 100% correct and will win the battle. People do what they want to do. I see players clicking on another player "Why they over their when they need to be here " MAYBE you have not seen a problem they have seen like a DD sneaking around the edge of the map and is not now on the map.

Another classic is the "Lemming train" were people complain and then head off on their own to another point only to be sunk 1 min later as they get overwhelmed and then blame everyone else. SORRY but YOU choose to do it. You might have the right idea and it is a proven tactic on the map but if you go alone then you take the consequences.

RANDOM IS JUST THAT. Play it and do your best but leave the attitude out of the game.

User Sadism has marked his account as private

• Funny 2
  • Boring 1

Players
6,323 posts
10,537 battles
9 minutes ago, Sadism said:

What we are asking for here is now putting in place restrictions to stop players from accessing higher levels ?. Really we need in place such draconian measures to try and reduce the player base ?

I didnt read anyone in this thread asking for that, you are the first to mention it.

10 minutes ago, Sadism said:

Play it and do your best but leave the attitude out of the game.

If what we see on a daily basis is "doing their best"... What me and many others simply observe is, that there is a huge part of the playerbase, that is so bad in this game, yet have invested so much time, that I can not understand, even if I try the hardest, how this is possible. Ive played tons of Multiplayergames online. And I can in all honesty say, ive never seen players with so many hours in a game still doing so bad. And thats pretty much the point of the topic.

[TACHA]
[TACHA]
Beta Tester
25 posts

LordMeru

I see your total post was  User Sadism has marked his account as private

This meant to mean something ? I take it your an elitist and you like nothing more than to point out how great you are and how rubbish everyone else is ?. Nobody cares, Really nobody cares out side of your own self importance which you seem to have unless I have not understood your post. I have though , haven't I your a special player.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1