Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

How not to waste Arsenal discount coupons - use your upgrade coupon each update

11 comments in this topic

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles

Quote from here:  https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/general-news/arsenal-more-resources/

"Coupons are automatically credited to your account once per a certain period of time. You will see when you are to get new coupons, after you have spent all the coupons with a discount for a certain category.

Please note that their quantity is always limited and they cannot be "stockpiled". For example, if you had two coupons with a 50% discount for the Signals category and you spent one, in Update 0.7.7, when you get new ones, you will still have two coupons, not three.

With the release of Update 0.7.7, used coupons for Signals (25% and 50% discounts), Upgrades (25%), and Camouflages (25%) will become available to you again.

Frequency that coupons are credited:

• Ships category (25%) — one coupon every 6 updates, starting with the release of Update 0.7.6;
  • Upgrades category (25%) — one coupon per update, starting with the release of Update 0.7.6;
  • Signals category (50%) — two coupons per update, starting with the release of Update 0.7.6;
  • Signals category (25%) — two coupons per update, starting with the release of Update 0.7.6;
  • Camouflages category (25%) — two coupons per update, starting with the release of Update 0.7.6."

Buying signals or camos in Arsenal is too expensive to be worth it right now, so even if you get 2 coupons each update, those are not worth using and I will not even talk about them.

But because you get 1 discount coupon for superupgrades each update and you can not stash them (meaning that in this case 1+1=1) , means that you have to use it before the next update.

If you dont use it until 23.08, you will waste it, because it will only be renewed on 23.08, not added to the old one.

So, to resume it, using the discount coupon you should spend 12750 coal each update to buy a superupgrade, until you don t need superupgrades anymore. You need 32 More Resource containers for this , at 2-3 per day means 16 or 11 days of coal mining only for this.

The next upgrade coupon will be issued on the 23rd of August.

As for the ships coupon, the next one will be issued only on the 25th of December so you have enough time to spend it.

• Cool 5

Beta Tester
263 posts
7,739 battles

I'll be stockpiling 1 hydroacoustic or speed boost upgrade per patch as I have a lot of ships that benefit from these. I've recently also started getting two lots of the speed boost flags at 50% off as I get through a lot of them (I'm a destroyer main). Signals might not be the best use of coal but other than the Salem there isn't much I want to get and its just the one type of flag that I'm really in need of.

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
7 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

I'll be stockpiling 1 hydroacoustic or speed boost upgrade per patch as I have a lot of ships that benefit from these. I've recently also started getting two lots of the speed boost flags at 50% off as I get through a lot of them (I'm a destroyer main). Signals might not be the best use of coal but other than the Salem there isn't much I want to get and its just the one type of flag that I'm really in need of.

New ships will be added, better dont use the coal for signals.

[JRM]
Players
6,315 posts
24,210 battles

I buy with cupons when i have them, without when i dont i have plenty of ships and stuff to buy so i dont waste Many of them :Smile_glasses: but definetly worth using them

[ICI]
[ICI]
Players
787 posts
4,520 battles

I buy signals too. I rather hand pick the ones I fall short off. Instead of praying to RNGesus to get the ones I need from crates.

But yeah thanks for the tips OP! I will def buy the upgrades before we get a new coupon! :cap_like:

Players
1,245 posts
9,293 battles

Good info.

I'm going to partially disagree about signals being too expensive. I've used the the signal coupons to maintain a steady supply of Papa Papas, which are one of the cheaper signals to begin with (6400 coal / 20x). Also if you play secondary builds a lot, the secondary signals are a mere 3200 coal / 20x.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,569 posts
40,872 battles

Well, I buy Salem when I have the coal. Nevertheless with the signals I will only use when necessary, got a steady flow by playing normally.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,664 posts
11,782 battles
3 hours ago, 22cm said:

until you don t need superupgrades anymore

This is the crucial part, though. It's not "wasting" coupons if you wouldn't normally want to buy an upgrade :Smile-_tongue:

So if you are in need of an upgrade (or a couple of them) then sure. If that's not the case, however, don't get pressured into buying them by some coupons.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

If you use the process to make a purchase and use a coupon, it actually tells you in the screen before final confirmation when a new coupon will be granted.

I bought a Radar upgrade earlier and had the message a new one would be granted on 23/08/18.

Out of interest I tried the same on Campbeltown (without completing the last step)and the message was 25/12/18 for the replacement coupon, I assume it's the same for all types.

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles

I will bump this again, the 2x50% discounts for Signals and the 25% discount for upgrades are worth using each update!

Do it until 15 Nov., because then you will get new ones, and those don t stack!

• Cool 5

Sign in to follow this