Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
eliastion

WoWs realism

26 comments in this topic

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles

I've went to NA warships portal to check one thing regarding Go Navy! rules (on EU the article gives 404 currently :Smile_teethhappy: ) and accidentally encountered something that should be linked in every thread where someone brings up realism as the primary argument for why heir battleship should be immune to anything destroyers and cruisers could throw at them some changes in mechanics.

Behold, the Naval Nonsense.

d0de5aa8-594b-11e8-8a22-d89d6715223c.jpg

There are 15 strips right now and some are glorious.

Also...

3680a464-6b3b-11e8-aa6a-d89d6715223c.jpg

...we really need Monaghan commander with her own voiceover. I can SO see her speaking in English, of course, but referring to the player as "commander-san" :Smile-_tongue: Haters complain about weeb content? Let's get them a weeb as content! :Smile_trollface:

But seriously, @MrConway (and others), special captains aside, could we maybe get this comic on EU portal as well? It's great and it wouldn't take up much place.

• Cool 10
  • Funny 13

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,034 battles

But that would mean equalizing all regions, as promised...

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface: 

Nice strips, yeah, why not in EU?

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
618 posts
9,990 battles

There is a tariff on humor now because of the trade war.

Let's wait next year.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

[HOO]
Players
2,038 posts
3,819 battles
10 hours ago, eliastion said:

I've went to NA warships portal to check one thing regarding Go Navy! rules (on EU the article gives 404 currently :Smile_teethhappy: ) and accidentally encountered something that should be linked in every thread where someone brings up realism as the primary argument for why heir battleship should be immune to anything destroyers and cruisers could throw at them some changes in mechanics.

Also...

...we really need Monaghan commander with her own voiceover. I can SO see her speaking in English, of course, but referring to the player as "commander-san" :Smile-_tongue: Haters complain about weeb content? Let's get them a weeb as content! :Smile_trollface:

But seriously, @MrConway (and others), special captains aside, could we maybe get this comic on EU portal as well? It's great and it wouldn't take up much place.

But it's all fake news!

And we in the EU don't do fake news :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
3,376 posts
3,999 battles
10 hours ago, eliastion said:

Also...

Already working on it :)

• Cool 10

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,079 battles

"If the highest aim of a captain was to preserve his ship, then he'd remain in port forever." -Thomas Aquinas on the battleship meta

i can literally hear Yamato from kancolle crying.(hotel Yamato, get it?)

also loled at the part where crossing the t is useless here, since that is exactly what I tried to do in the Kawachi XD.

but I have to strongly disagree on #10, it just means more overpen induced rage for me.

#8 is redundant since I have played multiplayer building games, I have to deal with far worse paint jobs. At least the skins here can be considered as “art”. Also if you can’t trade broadsides with each other effectively then it’s aready not realistic.

had to minis one the comic cause no poi spam, but a very bad poi-n

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
24 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

Also if you can’t trade broadsides with each other effectively then it’s aready not realistic.

Well, I've seen people trade broadsides in WoWs. Just last battle, at tier 10, no less, I've seen a BB and one or two cruisers willing to trade their broadside for whatever the enemy would like to throw back at them.

C1mGBSvWEAANu9k.jpg

24 minutes ago, howardxu_23 said:

but I have to strongly disagree on #10, it just means more overpen induced rage for me.

Looking at your number of battles, I'd guess that you're still playing low-ish tiers or moved up just recently, right? Low tier light cruisers are very unarmored, to really hurt them with BB guns you need to catch them slightly angled or land that underwater hit. At higher tiers, wen BBs have more barrels and cruisers are bigger and have a bit of armor to arm the shells, however...

• Cool 1

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,079 battles

Does not work with us cls going around these days, but yes I’ve just moved to Nagato. Either that I I keep getting people who knows how to evade unlike you who gets peeps who sail broadside in a straight line for very long times.

im also 100% certain that most ships actually takes far more punishment in RL then in here, and pounding a bb to death with dd he is certainly impossible.

the most realistic one I can say is throwing the wheel about to throw off aim for both guns and torps does work in both worlds.

nowaki did this vs the Iowa, and although Iowa straddled her serveral times, she managed to get away, the most important bit.

Beta Tester
5,559 posts
22,154 battles
20 minutes ago, eliastion said:

I've seen a BB and one or two cruisers willing to trade their broadside for whatever the enemy would like to throw back at them.

Did that with my Itchy Suzie today on Solomon Islands, Domination mode. I went straight to A Cap on the south side with an allied DD going with me north of me,and stumbled into about a third of the enemy team. Turning away would have meant a fiery horrible death, so I just pointed my bow at the enemy and started trading shots. There were two Cruisers - a Kolberg and another - and a Kaiser waiting for me. I stuck a salvo into the Kaiser, then focussed it for secondaries while I went close to and then past it, while my main guns were on the cruisers...

While I burned and turned and burned some more, some allies had arrived and concentrated their fire on the Kaiser, which - luckily for me - decided to shoot with HE at my Suzie...

I managed to get "First Blood" - which, with Yamamoto as captain meant another heal, yay! - by sinking the Kaiser with my secondaries. A bit later the Kolberg fell to my guns and I had managed to survive a YOLO run in a Suzie, that probably would have been pulverised if the Kaiser had used AP...

Not in a BB, but also fun and somehow fitting for this thread, as it was kinda extrem realistic...

In my Vampire I sailed straight ahead at an enemy Bellorophon - which probably was controlled by some poor new player - and when very - very, very - close, I fired the one 3-tube launcher the Vampire has, managing only two hits. Not enough to sink the Bello, so while firing my guns I did a full 360° around the Bello, while the torpedo launcher reloaded. I expected to face a quick death, but instead managed to survive 'til the torps were ready again and managed to finally sink the Bello and even got away alive...

I can't even imagine the horror that poor - probably new - player must have felt, seeing all his shots missing, the secondaries doing nearly no damage, just to get torped from stone-throwing range in the end....

...but it was fun  :cap_haloween:

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,079 battles

Don’t forget everyone in real life would have BB grade dispersion, and ramming is deemed to be uncivilised. Here? Ramming is a good tactic.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
18 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

I can't even imagine the horror that poor - probably new - player must have felt, seeing all his shots missing, the secondaries doing nearly no damage, just to get torped from stone-throwing range in the end....

...but it was fun  :cap_haloween:

The super-close-range fights (especially when one or both sides sail a small DD) are very taxing on most players because

1. If you're too zoomed in, you have limited gun depression.

2. If you're zoomed out, it's hard to aim (especially since everyone is used to zoomed in aiming) at small targets.

3. There's no easy way to quickly snap to the maximum-zoom-that-still-lets-you-aim-low

And then come the problems with gun rotation and stuff, when applicable...

18 hours ago, howardxu_23 said:

Don’t forget everyone in real life would have BB grade dispersion, and ramming is deemed to be uncivilised. Here? Ramming is a good tactic.

Good, maybe (depending on circumstances) but that doesn't mean that it's civilized :Smile-_tongue:

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,079 battles
1 hour ago, eliastion said:

Good, maybe (depending on circumstances) but that doesn't mean that it's civilized :Smile-_tongue:

What better way to go out other then yelling RAMMING SPEED/BAMZAAAAAAAAI

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles
7 hours ago, Riselotte said:

Selling Monaghan with a weeb captain likely would increase sales. Or just about any ship with a weeb captain.

Bad idea. 
Too many games would be ruined due to sticky keyboards after playing with an Atlantaifu with a waifu captain.

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,981 posts
7,359 battles
1 hour ago, Exocet6951 said:

Bad idea. 
Too many games would be ruined due to sticky keyboards after playing with an Atlantaifu with a waifu captain.

Ah, maybe that's why I have sometimes a hard time keeping my average damage on DM with AL Cleveland captain. :Smile_hiding:

[COMFY]
Players
793 posts
2,079 battles

Bad idea. 

Sticky keyboards?

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,034 battles
1 hour ago, howardxu_23 said:

Sticky keyboards?

Yep, this one is implying masturbating, rich huh?

• Funny 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

Yep, this one is implying masturbating, rich huh?

Vilkommen to the World of Warboot forums. 

Humor ist sehr verboten! 

• Funny 2

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles
6 hours ago, Exocet6951 said:

Bad idea. 

But we already got weeb captains and they even sold Belfap. Though not with Payfast.

Vilkommen to the World of Warboot forums. 

Humor ist sehr verboten! 

"Humor ist strengstens verboten!" is the proper native way of saying it. Also, "Willkommen".

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,113 battles
On 19.8.2018 at 12:48 PM, MrConway said:

Already working on it :)

well then get on with it, now that you've survived the TTT invasion! No excuses anymore! (what? Gamescom? naaahhhh that doesnt count...)

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
3 hours ago, Riselotte said:

But we already got weeb captains and they even sold Belfap. Though not with Payfast.

I need to correct you on this. We got anime/Japanese captains. A weeb captain would be someone like Ship Girl Monaghan from the second strip I posted - an English-speaking captain that nonetheless finds it appropriate to refer to people as "captain-san" and such :Smile_trollface:

So far the closest to a weeb captain we're getting is Dasha dressed up in Japanese clothing :Smile-_tongue:

• Funny 1

Sign in to follow this