You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woppy101

Anyone feel the Zao is in need of a buff

67 comments in this topic

[KES]
Beta Tester
547 posts
8,754 battles

Does anyone feel like the Zao is in need of a buff with the general power creep that’s happening? Maybe a small buff to reload or something like that.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 9
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

Alpha Tester
2,501 posts
8,295 battles

She recently got 12 km japanese torpedoes efectively making her one of strongest and most versatile ship in the game. What else would you need?

• Cool 3

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
717 posts
13,872 battles

....no......

Btw maybe ask for a Conq buff also? Seeing you have 55k average, there must be something wrong with that ship also.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i think it needs a buff. i would prefer 20km torps on it.. those 12km are just too ineffective on a cruiser.

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles

With laser accuracy, great ballistics, great range, great firechance on HE, awesome penetration AP, great manouverability, trolliah armor, epic concealment and 12 km torps?

No, zao does definatly not need a buff, with the legendary module its borderline OP...

• Cool 2

[TIPC]
Players
307 posts
13,506 battles

No,they already play Zaokaze,the T10 TeamKill cruiser whit those 12Km torps recently they got as buff.

Players
8,083 posts
8,914 battles
9 minutes ago, robihr said:

i think it needs a buff. i would prefer 20km torps on it.. those 12km are just too ineffective on a cruiser.

If these are 20 km Shima torps, the 12 km torp option is better. 20 km Asashio torps lack the anti-cruiser capability and thus aren't any good too, when you consider things like CB.

[MDIV]
[MDIV]
Beta Tester
220 posts
12,343 battles
27 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

Does anyone feel like the Zao is in need of a buff with the general power creep that’s happening? Maybe a small buff to reload or something like that.

The Zao was buffed recently with 12 km torps. It is annoying to answere to one liner. I hope your mind offers the capability to describe some reasons for a buff.

[KES]
Beta Tester
547 posts
8,754 battles
22 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

....no......

Btw maybe ask for a Conq buff also? Seeing you have 55k average, there must be something wrong with that ship also.

My average isn’t 55k its 65k which is better than your 63k, I was just asking a genuine question 

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
11 minutes ago, woppy101 said:

My average isn’t 55k its 65k which is better than your 63k, I was just asking a genuine question 

I think the Henri IV is worse off than any other tier 10 cruiser. Its true that the Zao doesnt have the gimmicks that other cruisers have, it doesnt have the armor of the hindenburg or the moskva, dowsnt have the RoF of the Des Moines... but where the other ships excell at something, they suck at other things.. the Zao can do everything well which is why I think its one of the best tier 10 cruisers.

• Cool 1

Players
1,906 posts
1 hour ago, woppy101 said:

Fire chance should be higher. :Smile_hiding:

5b77fed0f0d7d_giphy(3).gif.8c84b21f5ae1b79ecfe84fdd893540ec.gif

• Funny 4

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
717 posts
13,872 battles
1 hour ago, woppy101 said:

But I don't have the Conqueror? 

Edit: my wrong,  I looked at total damage done, and missed a few numbers ?

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, Riselotte said:

If these are 20 km Shima torps, the 12 km torp option is better. 20 km Asashio torps lack the anti-cruiser capability and thus aren't any good too, when you consider things like CB.

nah it needs old shima 20km torps.. without those nerfs to detectability.

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,084 posts
7,167 battles
41 minutes ago, robihr said:

nah it needs old shima 20km torps.. without those nerfs to detectability.

What a horrendous proposal. What Zao needs is Asashio's torpedoes!

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts
2 hours ago, OVanBruce said:

She recently got 12 km japanese torpedoes efectively making her one of strongest and most versatile ship in the game. What else would you need?

Clearly it needs reload cutting to 4s base plus Minotaur heal and smoke generator.

Seriously though, having recently obtained Zao it's a strong ship that performs well in T10 games.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
49 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

What a horrendous proposal. What Zao needs is Asashio's torpedoes!

nah zao needs torps that can kill dd-s.. ca are meant to be dd counter. deep water torps cant kill them. almost every other nation has radar to counter dd-s.

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,084 posts
7,167 battles
22 minutes ago, robihr said:

nah zao needs torps that can kill dd-s.. ca are meant to be dd counter. deep water torps cant kill them. almost every other nation has radar to counter dd-s.

Sooo... give Zao radar? :cap_hmm:

Beta Tester
1,868 posts
11,510 battles
3 hours ago, woppy101 said:

Lets just meet in the middle and say....nope!

Its borderline broken OP with the new torps.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

Buffing this ship is asking for trouble. You want a better zao? Play Hindenburg.