You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
DreadOleRon

Lack of camouflages in standard

43 comments in this topic

[RUR]
Beta Tester
19 posts
15,763 battles

I noticed in last couple of months an increasing number of players using no camouflages in battles.

If these battles would be low tier it wouldn't concern me, but i'm very surprised to see more and more people in t8+ ships sailing naked.

I understand that no-camo situation can happen if someone uses spec camos and just pressing battle-on from stat screen (happened to me a couple of times), but when i see on regular basis 4-5 ships in my team (in a single battle) having no paint, it feels, well, uninspiring and disheartening.

When i start a battle, i'm doing so in an intent to win it. I like aggressive play, and i'm not afraid to sacrifice my ship if i calculate that trade to be in my teams favor. Also expecting the same from my team mates.

So i'm very unhappy when it comes to that a third of my team turns out to be uncaring players (in the light of focus and dedication, this is a multiplayer game after all), stupid players or possibly even bots.

I have a thought for the developers - implement a "missing camo, are u sure u want to battle this way" warning if there is no camo on ship when pressing "Battle" button.

Would also like to hear other opinions, ideas, solutions to this...

Cheers!

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,712 posts
8,745 battles

Do you use ingame filter options? For ARP, Space, etc.? Because if so, the specific ships will be shown as without camo.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,220 battles
48 minutes ago, DreadOleRon said:

I noticed in last couple of months an increasing number of players using no camouflages in battles.

If these battles would be low tier it wouldn't concern me, but i'm very surprised to see more and more people in t8+ ships sailing naked.

I understand that no-camo situation can happen if someone uses spec camos and just pressing battle-on from stat screen (happened to me a couple of times), but when i see on regular basis 4-5 ships in my team (in a single battle) having no paint, it feels, well, uninspiring and disheartening.

When i start a battle, i'm doing so in an intent to win it. I like aggressive play, and i'm not afraid to sacrifice my ship if i calculate that trade to be in my teams favor. Also expecting the same from my team mates.

So i'm very unhappy when it comes to that a third of my team turns out to be uncaring players (in the light of focus and dedication, this is a multiplayer game after all), stupid players or possibly even bots.

I have a thought for the developers - implement a "missing camo, are u sure u want to battle this way" warning if there is no camo on ship when pressing "Battle" button.

Cheers!

Why do you want to police how other people plays the game? Who are you?

I have a thought for you, live and let live, perhaps people like the look of bare steel?

Solutions: get a grip, no one owes you anything, in game or otherwise. Are you going to pay for the camos for everyone? Since you will not, you have no say in what anyone uses in game.

• Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[CAIN]
Players
4,361 posts
18,437 battles
On 8/18/2018 at 12:29 PM, DreadOleRon said:

Cheers!

Considering the quality of gameplay in high tiers, i would prefer a different kind of warning.

'You EDIT

Alternatively, hello kitty online has a nice welcome offer for new players, a game which could be more to your liking'.

The sad part is, that it's not that the bad players are ruining games each and every time, it's the damage farmers that are.

Edited by Kampa1987
Insults
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

Players
5,976 posts
11,310 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

Do you use ingame filter options? For ARP, Space, etc.? Because if so, the specific ships will be shown as without camo.

Perhaps he uses a potato pc and the camos just take ages to load :Smile_hiding:

Btw, it may also be the lighting, some camos are hard to distinguish with certain light angles. I had this with a Scharnhorst last week of which I thought it had no camo? But then I saw the icy spike things and it turned out to be the icy special camo the Scharnhorst has.

[POI--]
Players
361 posts
10,979 battles
2 hours ago, DreadOleRon said:

Cheers!

This is something i see very frequently; (why musashi captains and Missouri captains don't see a need to use camo is beyond my scope of comprehension) But it could be the case that you have filters in place preventing you from seeing certain camos; such as the new US camos or any anime/haloween camos. Maybe try making sure you have those turned on in the port wheel (bottom right) and seeing if this same amount persists; if it does; sorry but you just have below average players on your team is all XD.

[RUR]
Beta Tester
19 posts
15,763 battles
2 hours ago, principat121 said:

Nop. I am not that kind of a purist. All the special ships and camos are display enabled in my client.

I only disable the ARP and Southern dragon ships in my own carousel. That's a lot of Kongos and Myokos to shuffle trough if those filters are off.

1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

The sad part is, that it's not that the bad players are ruining games, it's the damage farmers you are.

U imply that i'm a dmg farmer? Based on what? Have u seen me play? Or u checked my stats?

14 minutes ago, __Poi__ said:

... (why musashi captains and Missouri captains don't see a need to use camo is beyond my scope of comprehension) ...

Exactly. I can accept the case of someone researching a new ship and forgeting a camo in a hurry to try it, But why would someone not use a perma paint on a preminum ship...

Players
1,245 posts
9,267 battles

I suspect most of these people simply forgot. This has been happening more to me recently.

Basically this is because all these event camos with special bonuses are coming left, right, and centre. I have several hundred of these, running out of some, but more coming in. I get one of those excellent Shark/Eagle camos, I'll use it, and then I'm out of those and it's not auto-reapplied. 

It was easier back when I'd either use a possible perma-camo, or have the Type 5 on auto-reapply.

Happens easier if I'm playing on TS, with chit-chatting going on etc.

[CAIN]
Players
4,361 posts
18,437 battles
7 minutes ago, DreadOleRon said:

Nop. I am not that kind of a purist. All the special ships and camos are display enabled in my client.

I only disable the ARP and Southern dragon ships in my own carousel. That's a lot of Kongos and Myokos to shuffle trough if those filters are off.

U imply that i'm a dmg farmer? Based on what? Have u seen me play? Or u checked my stats?

Exactly. I can accept the case of someone researching a new ship and forgeting a camo in a hurry to try it, But why would someone not use a perma paint on a preminum ship...

I can see why you would think that, tho it wasn't aimed at you. 

Was meant to be '...damage farmers that are...', just a typo.

I fixed it in my original post.

• Cool 1

[RUR]
Beta Tester
19 posts
15,763 battles
2 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

I can see why you would think that, tho it wasn't aimed at you. 

Was meant to be '...damage farmers that are...', just a typo.

I fixed it in my original post.

My apologies then. All cool.

And i can't agree more on problem of damage farmers (Damn Conquerors ;) ).

What is the fun in sailing the map border and spilling HE... I would bite my leg out of boredom if i go that way.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
2 hours ago, Juanx said:

I have a thought for you, live and let live, perhaps people like the look of bare steel?

Solutions: get a grip, no one owes you anything, in game or otherwise. Are you going to pay for the camos for everyone? Since you will not, you have no say in what anyone uses in game.

Why do you want to police how other people handle their trash? Who are you?

I have a thought for you, live and let live, perhaps people prefer to just throw garbage on the ground?

Solutions: get a grip, no one owes you anything, in life or otherwise. Are you going to pay for trash bags for everyone? Since you will not, you have no say in what anyone does with their garbage.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
44 minutes ago, DreadOleRon said:

I don't know about the Dragon ships but you could sell off the ARP ships you're not going to play. I did that the other day, 3.5m credits in the bank and 3 harbour slots is a lot more use to me than 4 "premium" Kongos.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles
46 minutes ago, Strappster said:

I don't know about the Dragon ships but you could sell off the ARP ships you're not going to play. I did that the other day, 3.5m credits in the bank and 3 harbour slots is a lot more use to me than 4 "premium" Kongos.

Not a good idea if you're going for the Collector Club when it launches

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
Just now, hgbn_dk said:

Not a good idea if you're going for the Collector Club when it launches

:Smile_unsure:

I have no idea what that is but then the idea of collecting ships doesn't appeal to me anyway, I only keep the ships I know I'm going to play.

[DC_DK]
Players
3,037 posts
31,509 battles

Each to his own.... Just a advice never sell stuff you can't repurchase again. You might regret it later

• Cool 1

[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
32 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Each to his own.... Just a advice never sell stuff you can't repurchase again. You might regret it later

Each to their own, as you say. I'm sure that should I feel the need to rape my eyeballs I've got plenty of garish camo schemes to choose from, I won't regret not having an ARP Hiei in port.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

Anytime I see a no camo person in high tier..I automatically assume they are a mong. Usually works 96.545% of the time.

[HOO]
Players
2,191 posts

It is a bit depressing when I see T7/8/9/10 DD's without Camo, I usually ask if it's a visual bug but often get the response that they can't afford it or have run out or can't be bothered, a basic camo with 3% concealment costs 7,500 silver and as a DD (Khaba excluded) stealth is vital.

Beta Tester
4,763 posts
19,843 battles
5 hours ago, P2Win said:

Anytime I see a no camo person in high tier..I automatically assume they are a mong. Usually works 96.545% of the time.

That's not a nice comment. Don't discriminate really handicapped people by comparing them to those no camo / no skill / only want to have fun going boom boom boom type of people. These people actively CHOOSE to be handicapped.

Beta Tester
2,791 posts
7,088 battles

Well, sometimes it may happen that the skipper of the cammo'les ship forgot to put it on though thats rare, but i know i can sometimes do that, running low on a specifc cammo so i turn auto resupply off, just to forget to put one on for the next battle. :Smile_Default:

Beta Tester
4,702 posts
10,897 battles

And guess what.. you can't see all the people playing without premium consumables.. and would work fairly hard at it to check if everyone used basic signals. In the grand scheme merely lacking cammos barely matters.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,220 battles
9 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Why do you want to police how other people handle their trash? Who are you?

I have a thought for you, live and let live, perhaps people prefer to just throw garbage on the ground?

Solutions: get a grip, no one owes you anything, in life or otherwise. Are you going to pay for trash bags for everyone? Since you will not, you have no say in what anyone does with their garbage.

Your point being? Im sure there is one, its only I can see none.

So, if the OP is not going to pay for my camos, why is he to dictate how I play?

You seem to have fun copypasting peoples posts, try making sense when you do it?

But dont worry, all the snowflakes will like whatever you post about me, at least you have one another.

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
3,043 posts
10,628 battles
12 hours ago, Juanx said:

Because the ships are easier to spot and hit. 

Do you like having team mates who are more vulnerable than the enemy?