Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
22cm

Nueve de Julio in operation Hermes

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles

In Operation Hermes you can use any allied tier 7 cruiser.

I bought Nueve de Julio instead of Boise, because it sounded more... exotic, but basically it is the same ship, USS Boise was bought in 1951 by Argentina from US and renamed ARA Nueve de Julio.

However, Nueve the Julio is not allowed into Operation Hermes, even if at that time,  during WW2 (before 1951), was USS Boise .

Is this a bug or it is intended?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
568 posts

"Players may take Tier VII and VIII French battleships; and Tier VII French, British, and American cruisers only. The allied force consists of 7 player ships."

 

Nueve is pan-american so not a bug.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
51 minutes ago, Fatal_Ramses said:

"Players may take Tier VII and VIII French battleships; and Tier VII French, British, and American cruisers only. The allied force consists of 7 player ships."

 

Nueve is pan-american so not a bug.

Nueve is pan-american from 1951 only, dude...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,960 posts
6,575 battles

In-game what Nationality it was before 1951 doesn't count so it's forever Pan American - Just like the Makarov isn't a Nurnberg before 1945 or a Murmansk isn't an Omaha before 1944 when it comes to Nationality in-game etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
2,735 posts
13,660 battles

and what side did most of south america take during the war? they mostly remained neutral, so the mission says allied ships only...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,371 posts
18,477 battles

You could grind the Boise, which took me about 20 games, then play the Boise instead.

 

But it's a bit annoying as i wanted to grind captain XP for Nueve in that OP.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DAVY]
Players
2,735 posts
13,660 battles

if he's only just bought it the mission for the other ship has finished i think...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,242 battles

As pointed, pan american ships are not allowed in the OP, so perhaps get some reading comprehension?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,976 posts
11,331 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

As pointed, pan american ships are not allowed in the OP, so perhaps get some reading comprehension?

His question doesn't have an issue with reading comprehension, but more to do with game mechanics.

 

Btw, wherever I see you write something here on the forum, why so toxic all the time?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
On 8/18/2018 at 12:51 PM, Jethro_Grey said:

But it's a bit annoying as i wanted to grind captain XP for Nueve in that OP.

 

Same idea, is the only PanAm ship so far, grinding XP in Boise is not the same, with 60 US ships available.

 

On 8/18/2018 at 2:43 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

His question doesn't have an issue with reading comprehension, but more to do with game mechanics.

More like history mechanics, during the time of any operations, Nueve was still Boise, being able to play Boise but not Nueve is strange.

 

On 8/18/2018 at 11:54 AM, IanH755 said:

In-game what Nationality it was before 1951 doesn't count so it's forever Pan American - Just like the Makarov isn't a Nurnberg before 1945 or a Murmansk isn't an Omaha before 1944 when it comes to Nationality in-game etc.

Except you can play both Nurnberg AND Makarov in operations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,075 posts
12,563 battles
7 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Except you can play both Nurnberg AND Makarov in operations.

 

Yes but most other Operations don't have any ship limitations like Hermes and Cherry Blossom on what ships you can take. All tier 6 ops have no nation limits on what you can pick.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,976 posts
11,331 battles
18 hours ago, 22cm said:

More like history mechanics, during the time of any operations, Nueve was still Boise, being able to play Boise but not Nueve is strange.

It's not strange when one considers those particular operations are limited by nation. Boise is of an allowed nation and Nueve is not. That's all, basically.

Even if the Neuve were (just for purpose of making a point) already sold by the USA before the fall of France, it would still not be allowed as it's not the correct nation.

At least that's how I see it.

 

But what this operation is concerned, it's limited for certain nations, Nueve is not within these limits, thus not allowed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
8,242 battles
21 hours ago, NothingButTheRain said:

Btw, wherever I see you write something here on the forum, why so toxic all the time?

 

Aw poor snowflake, you ok there?

 

Just a heads up, people disagreeing with you are not toxic, you wanting them to be is tho.

 

So, in the description, the ships nation is not on the list, so yeah, needs reading comprehension, or new prescriptions.

  • Bad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
3,405 posts
4,189 battles
32 minutes ago, Juanx said:

 

Aw poor snowflake, you ok there?

 

Just a heads up, people disagreeing with you are not toxic, you wanting them to be is tho.

 

So, in the description, the ships nation is not on the list, so yeah, needs reading comprehension, or new prescriptions.

 

Here you are just being toxic tho. Mind the way you express disagreement.

 

Also, as a side, you are one of those people who is always looking doomy...

  • Cool 3
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,960 posts
6,575 battles
On 8/18/2018 at 4:32 PM, 22cm said:

Except you can play both Nurnberg AND Makarov in operations.

 

Because they are two different ships, just like the Boise and Julio are two different ships and not one single ship split by a date.

 

You can't have One single ship with two different "nationalities" depending on what year you decide to pick, thats why WG give people two different ships!

 

On 8/18/2018 at 2:43 PM, NothingButTheRain said:

Btw, wherever I see you write something here on the forum, why so toxic all the time?

 

I always think the same on almost every Juanx post. Their attitude comes across as someone who is extremely negative towards people but I don't know whether thats because I'm a native English speaker and they may not be, which means I may be reading more into this and they are trying to be helpful but failing at the English side.

 

On 8/19/2018 at 12:13 PM, Juanx said:

Aw poor snowflake, you ok there?

 

Ah well that clears it up, he really toxic & unhelpful with a very poor attitude towards other players.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JRM]
Players
6,290 posts
24,183 battles

U dont miss out much that ship is crap in Hermes, u are forced constantly to move at close to top speed to be able to intercept shitload of dds that make torping runs on ruan on time and engage alot in open water often under crossfire and boise really struggles in this despite the mega heal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,770 posts
26,595 battles

Well the simplest solution would be to allow PanAm ships to Hermes too as before the end many of the South American countries joined Allies for a final victory even tho only Brazil took any significant part in the war. If WG allowed soviet ships in the Cherry Blossom don't see why they wouldn't do the same for PanAm ships in Hermes.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
On 8/19/2018 at 6:32 PM, fumtu said:

Well the simplest solution would be to allow PanAm ships to Hermes too as before the end many of the South American countries joined Allies for a final victory even tho only Brazil took any significant part in the war. If WG allowed soviet ships in the Cherry Blossom don't see why they wouldn't do the same for PanAm ships in Hermes.

What you say is true, before the end of the war in 1945, all the countries from South America declared war against Germany.

A bit of history: Argentine broke diplomatic relations with Germany on 26 January 1944 and declared war on 27 March 1945.

So, technically, it is an Allied navy.

 

On 8/19/2018 at 4:28 PM, IanH755 said:

 

Boise and Julio are two different ships and not one single ship split by a date.

 

 

Uhh.. it s exactly that, Boise until 1951, Nueve after 1951...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,960 posts
6,575 battles

..........and after 1951, it was Argentinian not Allied, so it can't be used in an operation where only "allied" ships can be used, only the WW2 era Boise can which was Allied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
13 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

..........and after 1951, it was Argentinian not Allied, so it can't be used in an operation where only "allied" ships can be used, only the WW2 era Boise can which was Allied.

 

Dude, I just proved that Argentinian Navy was an Allied Navy during the war, so Argentinian ship should be allowed in that op.

 

Lol, after 1951, Soviets were not Allied anymore too, cold war, comrade,  your lack of history knowledge is apalling...

 

Now you re saying it s Boise, so that qualifies Nueve too for that op. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
1,443 posts
1 hour ago, 22cm said:

 

Uhh.. it s exactly that, Boise until 1951, Nueve after 1951...

No it isn't. You are confusing real life with the game.

There are two distinct ships in the game:

- There is Boise, a US cruiser

- There is Nueve de Julio, a Pan American cruiser

 

Operation Hermes is limited to French, Soviet, US and British ships. As such, Boise can be used (US ship) and Nueve cannot be used (not a US ship).

 

 

Or are all the Pan Asia clone ships suddenly also US ships?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CR33D]
[CR33D]
Players
2,770 posts
26,595 battles
52 minutes ago, IanH755 said:

..........and after 1951, it was Argentinian not Allied, so it can't be used in an operation where only "allied" ships can be used, only the WW2 era Boise can which was Allied.

 

Well it is not easy to use that kind of logic in WoWs. For example in Operations Cherry Blossom you can use Soviet ships although SU declared war to Japan almost two years latter and both Soviet ships that you can use were finished/built after ww2. WG could easily change limitations and allow PanAm ships in Hermes. After all this is just a game and WG is creating rules as they seem convenient to them. Personally I don't care much as I bought Boise and I'm still 110k far from 9dJ, but in this case I think that WG could bend a limitation and include 9dJ in the game, at least temporary as after all it is the only ship of PanAm tree and a ship of Allied nation too. After all it is known that only after Argentine and Chile declared the war to Germany, in March and April of 1945 respectively, that Germans finally realized that they are doomed and all resistance is futile so they capitulate before those two countries could bring the might of their armies to the front.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BOATX]
Beta Tester
5,170 posts
23,679 battles
29 minutes ago, fumtu said:

 After all it is known that only after Argentine and Chile declared the war to Germany, in March and April of 1945 respectively, that Germans finally realized that they are doomed and all resistance is futile so they capitulate before those two countries could bring the might of their armies to the front.  

 

Germans finally realised you cant beat tango, man. :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[IAN_H]
Players
1,960 posts
6,575 battles
2 hours ago, 22cm said:

 

Dude, I just proved that Argentinian Navy was an Allied Navy during the war, so Argentinian ship should be allowed in that op.

 

Lol, after 1951, Soviets were not Allied anymore too, cold war, comrade,  your lack of history knowledge is apalling...

 

Now you re saying it s Boise, so that qualifies Nueve too for that op. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

 

 

I really have tried to be polite but by this point it's very obvious that you are just trolling people with your completely fictitious replies so I'll ignore you after this and in the future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×