Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
KiraTransGirl

OP AP Bombs

103 comments in this topic

[PYRRV]
Players
18 posts
8,711 battles

I was in a random battle when a Midway bombed me from full health to 0 health with AP bombs in a Tirptiz. I know it wasn't my magazine since I had the flag  that made that impossible. Is this just the game being stupid or what? When I asked on Chat the player said he had AP bombs.

If its normal than the game mechanics needs to be looked at as its way OP. No aircraft should be able to bomb a BB in 1 shot from 100% health to 0%

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 2

Beta Tester
237 posts
19,475 battles

A destroyer with full HP could be DSed by one torpedo.

A cuiser with full HP could be DSed by one AP salvo.

Why shouldn't a battleship with full HP be DSed by one group of AP bombs?

• Cool 1

[PYRRV]
Players
18 posts
8,711 battles

If that was the case whats the point of BBs, if a destroyer or cruiser shows broadside then they deserved to be deleted. What defense is there against 1 flight of AP Bombers, and don't say cruisers. Whats the case for sailing in a BB if it can be deleted by 1 flight of AP bombers?

[7DSF]
Beta Tester
1,471 posts
4,716 battles

Do you think BBs are something better then the other shipclasses?

Other can be destroyed in one salvo/hit but BB not, because why?

Lesson should be in a game where CV is present don't drive alone, best is to stay near a AA cruiser as a BB.

A BB is nothing special, its a hitpoint pinata, and i love to sunk them with my DD in one torp salvo!

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,285 posts
22,207 battles

AP bombs were made to :etc_swear: T7-8 KM BBs because they're too popular. So by playing a Tirpitz you're part of the problem.

And because WG hates cruisers even more they made them :etc_swear: cruisers even harder.

Against almost everything else AP bombs are pretty much worthless.

If you want a list of ships vulnerable to AP bombs, here you go:

• Cool 3

[PYRRV]
Players
18 posts
8,711 battles
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

AP bombs were made to :etc_swear: T7-8 KM BBs because they're too popular. So by playing a Tirpitz you're part of the problem.

And because WG hates cruisers even more they made them :etc_swear: cruisers even harder.

Thank you for explaining it instead of "You drive a BB so you deserve it" crap.

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
Just now, Jack_Geary said:

Thank you for explaining it instead of "You drive a BB so you deserve it" crap.

@El2aZeR may be a filthy CV player, but he knows of what he speaks!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
8,241 posts
12,307 battles
45 minutes ago, Acetessigester said:

Problem is a cross drop needs a degree of skill whereas AP bombs are a lol one click.

HE bombs and TB need DoT stacking to get a similar result to AP bombs. This is also more skillful.

I do like AP bombs but they are cheap as hell and shouldn't have been added really.

• Cool 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Can you add Fiji to the list?

I played the Hermes Operation, and the Bot Graf Zeppelin targeted me, alltho he didnt hit well, but 3 Bombs did 17k~ damage to me, which indicates all citadels afaik.

edit: Just checked, 2 cita one overpen i guess.

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,285 posts
22,207 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Graf Zeppelin

My list only concerns USN AP DBs as described in the thread. GZ AP bombs can citadel almost every cruiser and BB in her MM spread due to a far more sensitive fuse and better penetration.

• Cool 1

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
3 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

My list only concerns USN AP DBs as described in the thread. GZ AP bombs can citadel almost every cruiser and BB in her MM spread due to a far more sensitive fuse and better penetration.

Ah, didnt know that :Smile-_tongue:

Beta Tester
4,739 posts
11,850 battles
1 hour ago, Jack_Geary said:

I was in a random battle when a Midway bombed me from full health to 0 health with AP bombs in a Tirptiz. I know it wasn't my magazine since I had the flag  that made that impossible. Is this just the game being stupid or what? When I asked on Chat the player said he had AP bombs.

If its normal than the game mechanics needs to be looked at as its way OP. No aircraft should be able to bomb a BB in 1 shot from 100% health to 0%

Cool.

So you'll be fine with making no t10 BB able to oneshot a T8 CA/CL then?

I mean, it's the same thing and you wouldn't just be crying for your own specific situation?

[PYRRV]
Players
18 posts
8,711 battles
38 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

Cool.

So you'll be fine with making no t10 BB able to oneshot a T8 CA/CL then?

I mean, it's the same thing and you wouldn't just be crying for your own specific situation?

If you show your broadside to a BB, then you deserve to be deleted.

Beta Tester
4,739 posts
11,850 battles
1 minute ago, Jack_Geary said:

So, hypocrisy it is then.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
2 minutes ago, Jack_Geary said:

But what about all the cruisers and DDs that dont show broadside but still are deleted by BBs because reasons?

IMO if you sail alone when there’s a CV present you deserve to be deleted.

• Cool 5

Players
67 posts
2 hours ago, Acetessigester said:

You should apply for Wg balancing department, because your line of thinking will fit right in there mate.

I will tell you why not. Lack of counterplay. That is a funny long forgotten concept that used to exist.

80% of DDs I see eating that torp do so sitting full broadside in their smoke doing nothing. Yes there are occasions where a random torp just pops up in your turn, but it is rare. Counterplay: DONT SIT IN BROAD IN YOUR SMOKE.

80% of Cruisers get one-shot because they sailed full broad without changing speed or direction for ages. Yes you can get tripel citadelt through your a**, but it is rare. Also I have to mention here that cruisers getting punished for misplaying results much more often in overpens than you might think. Counterplay: Pay attention, watch shots, evade, hide behind islands, make turns, kite.

80% of BBs that get one-shot by AP bombs couldn't do anything. The goddamn aiming 'ellipse' for the Zep is a circle, so they can't even turn. The input from the Cv was as much as clicking on the target. Counterplay: Always stay close to your AA cruiser and pray he doesn't run hydro. OH WAIT the autodrop barely gets affected by defensive. Counterplay: Go back to port and play another ship.

• Cool 3

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,500 battles

Oh dear lord the braindead forumwarriors who will defend WG to death for anything.

No its not remotely the same getting deleted by AP bombs as a cruiser getting deleted by a BB salvo or a DD getting deleted by a torpedo. Why? Because 2 squads of AP fighters are UNAVOIDABLE. If he wants to kill you he will kill you.

In a cruiser you can position and sail in such a way as to not show broadside to a BB. In a DD you can just not sail into torpedoes. In a BB you cant avoid a CV thats dead set on killing you. Its not always possible to hug a CA or a CL to get AA, and even so few such ships in the game can give suport enough to save you. Especially now with so few CVs around that noone uses defensive fire.

Beta Tester
4,739 posts
11,850 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralDing3Ling said:

Oh dear lord the braindead forumwarriors who will defend WG to death for anything.

No its not remotely the same getting deleted by AP bombs as a cruiser getting deleted by a BB salvo or a DD getting deleted by a torpedo. Why? Because 2 squads of AP fighters are UNAVOIDABLE. If he wants to kill you he will kill you.

In a cruiser you can position and sail in such a way as to not show broadside to a BB. In a DD you can just not sail into torpedoes. In a BB you cant avoid a CV thats dead set on killing you. Its not always possible to hug a CA or a CL to get AA, and even so few such ships in the game can give suport enough to save you. Especially now with so few CVs around that noone uses defensive fire.

Pretending the only way people can disagree is if they're here to "defend" WG..

Pretending (or just being ignorant) that there's nothing he can do

Pretending CAs/DDs don't get deleted even if they do what they're supposed to.

Do you have any more fallacies, or is this it?

Players
67 posts

Just found this

which is highly related to the topic. Apperently BBs are even the main food source for AP bombs, shich should give some people here something to think about.

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the El2aZeR already posted this here.

[PYRRV]
Players
18 posts
8,711 battles
33 minutes ago, PapVogele said:

But what about all the cruisers and DDs that dont show broadside but still are deleted by BBs because reasons?

IMO if you sail alone when there’s a CV present you deserve to be deleted.

I have never been 100% to 0% in a DD or Cruiser, you angle, you survive or you dodge in case of DD. Only ship that can delete you when you are angled is the yamato and its sister ship as nothing can angle against them.

I was also asking this question as I didnt know what AP bombs where for either.

Beta Tester
1,044 posts
17,477 battles
3 hours ago, Acetessigester said:

Since when?

Beta Tester
4,739 posts
11,850 battles
16 minutes ago, Jack_Geary said:

I have never been 100% to 0% in a DD or Cruiser, you angle, you survive or you dodge in case of DD.

So.. lying or merely lacking any sort of experience?

[PYRRV]
Players
18 posts
8,711 battles
7 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

So.. lying or merely lacking any sort of experience?

No, I have been 2 hit, never 100% to 0%. Its called common sense .... Broadside to a BB and you get deleted as it should be, angle and you don't.