Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
maminulenka2

DD problem

44 comments in this topic

[4_0_4]
Players
7,967 posts
14,340 battles

5b6f1379725d7_Wheredidhetouchedyou.png.ca04dae0789ae6d57c692d48c47b188c.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 14

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
281 posts
6,705 battles
6 minutes ago, maminulenka2 said:

Can someone tell me why the hell are DD so OP? every but EVERY GAME there are minimum 3 DD,and that [edited] about being in smoke,shoot and still not being spotted when he can see you and literally destroy you is so annoying.Are you willing to nerf them somehow? like they cant spot when they are in smoke?...

They can't spot when they are in smoke, but everyone else that is not in smoke can, even if you can't spot them....

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
11 minutes ago, maminulenka2 said:

Can someone tell me why the hell are DD so OP?

Because you're bad.

every but EVERY GAME there are minimum 3 DD

There are 4 classes in the game and 12 ships per team. Even if we count on average 1 CV each team (not happening), that should mean 11 slots to be divided between 3 classes. In a balanced match that would give you two classes with 4 ships each, one with 3. I mean, sure, usually there are 5 BBs so that leaves only 6 spots to be divided between cruisers and destroyers AND cruisers are deadly vulnerable to BBs so it's likely that it's the DDs that are going to be more numerous...

Now, do you see where 3+ DDs come from?

and that [edited] about being in smoke,shoot and still not being spotted when he can see you

He can't. No more than he can see you while hiding behind an island. His allies need to spot you for him.

and literally destroy you

Oh my. An enemy can literally destroy you in a war game, that's unacceptable!

Are you willing to nerf them somehow?

There's no nerf so hard that would satisfy brainless battleship players...

ike they cant spot when they are in smoke?...

...especially when they demand things that have been in the game since the smoke itself was introduced.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,367 posts
26,977 battles
12 minutes ago, maminulenka2 said:

Can someone tell me why the hell are DD so OP?

Because at lower tiers they just are.

But don't worry, if you are BB player you will have your chance for revenge at top tiers.

• Funny 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Perhaps more than a few hundred games before deciding if a ship class is OP :Smile_child:

I'm not into stats checking but being shot by a DD in smoke scales badly for them when you advance. You'll find higher up the tiers ships get huge HP and radar along with other means to nullify them...

• Cool 3

[SM0KE]
Players
6,576 posts
15,046 battles
9 minutes ago, maminulenka2 said:

Can someone tell me why the hell are DD so OP? every but EVERY GAME there are minimum 3 DD,and that [edited] about being in smoke,shoot and still not being spotted when he can see you and literally destroy you is so annoying.Are you willing to nerf them somehow? like they cant spot when they are in smoke?...

They aren't (in general).

If this is your only account, with 379 battles, I suggest that studying the game mechanics a bit might yield dividends; there are lots of worthwhile YouTube videos too, which will provide guidance.

As mentioned above: nothing can spot from within smoke, unless they activate hydro/radar; spotting is shared between ships though i.e. if a cruiser to your east spots you, then the DD lurking in smoke to the west of you (say) can also see you.

Also, bear in mind that DDs will generally be less visible than other classes - you're playing a lot of BBs, which tend to be visible from orbit (especially if you fire); meanwhile, a lot of DDs are very sneaky, and require particular effort to be spotted (until they fire their guns).

Check out the wiki on the subject of spotting mechanics: http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Detection

(I would suggest reading all of the rest of the wiki too, it will also help)

• Cool 1

Players
7 posts
1,403 battles

I am not,i am playing with Cruisers... btw i love all who thinks i am playing as BB and its even better when they are being egoistic.

• Funny 1

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,367 posts
26,977 battles
3 minutes ago, maminulenka2 said:

I am not,i am playing with Cruisers... btw i love all who thinks i am playing as BB and its even better when they are being egoistic.

You know what makes DD and CA both OP? Cooperation. Keep yours alive and kill enemy DD-s 1st.

Players
163 posts
1,549 battles
14 minutes ago, maminulenka2 said:

Is this a joke?  :cap_look:

He can't spot you in smoke, unless it has either hydro or radar, both very limited currently. What is the case, is we are dealing with a newbie whom has zero points in situational awareness or at least paying no attention to the battlefield.

No DD sitting in smoke hammering you is a nice sitting target, often stationary - Smoke clouds are torpedo magnets.

So get gud and read / watch Youtubers on how to counter this DD play.

Peace... 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
23 minutes ago, maminulenka2 said:

Wait until you get to the higher tiers and radar.

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
6,576 posts
15,046 battles
15 hours ago, maminulenka2 said:

118 battles in BBs in randoms (the relevant battle mode), versus 149 in cruisers; you're (proportionally) playing a lot of BBs.

63 battles in the two most played BBs (T5&6 French), versus 67 in the three most played cruisers.

Both of those classes, when played competently, can hand DDs a new 4rsehole. You just need to learn what DDs are trying to do, and how to stop them from doing it.

I would suggest playing all classes (apart from CVs) a lot more, up to T4; T5 and above get +2 MM, so you face nastier opponents. Once you are no longer consistently getting a tonking from any class, start moving up the tiers. Also, keep asking questions on here: people will be helpful, if you don't ask your questions in a way that suggests you haven't bothered to learn how the game works yet.

• Cool 4

Players
163 posts
1,549 battles
7 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Because at lower tiers they just are.

Not really, not as cruisers anyhow and if you are paying just slightly attention as a BB, well huge surprise, you can easily avoid torpedos unless and while DD is crazy fast at lower tier, most players sail in VERY predictable patterns (like hardly dodging, more sailing in straight lines)  which leads RNG Jesus is with you and even BB can hit those pesky buggers (the DD).

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,367 posts
26,977 battles
11 minutes ago, Hyperion84 said:

Not really, not as cruisers anyhow and if you are paying just slightly attention as a BB, well huge surprise, you can easily avoid torpedos unless and while DD is crazy fast at lower tier, most players sail in VERY predictable patterns (like hardly dodging, more sailing in straight lines)  which leads RNG Jesus is with you and even BB can hit those pesky buggers (the DD).

For me lower tiers are up to IV. And good luck doing meaningful damage at those tiers with BB to DD and even spotting them unless they are also beginners. But i have to admit i havent played alot at those tiers for a while, so maybe something has changed.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Most lower tier DDs have very short torp ranges. As in so short they can't launch from stealth, so either stay away from islands or smoke. Stuff like Kamikaze are an exception I guess.

Rushing smoke without radar, hydro or RPF (Radio Location captain skill) is not a good idea anyway.

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,037 battles

Couple pointers:

DDs are fine.

Learn to play.

Alternatively please uninstall, there is enough ignorance running around the maps to add yourself to the list, so OP, pretty please?

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
9,037 battles
2 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

@Boris_MNE, you tired of your job yet?

Hes going to be needing to appoint deputies at this rate, the amount of "special" is over 9000!!!

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,246 posts
23,343 battles

OP survived 2/16 DD battles while doing very little damage (except for the lucky tier 2 battles). Yep, DDs are totally OP. :cap_win:

If a DD can bring down your BB with his puny guns you are very much out of position or you are just so stupid to repair the first fire instantly. So, change the thread title from 'DD problem' into 'I suck at playing BBs, how can I improve'.

• Funny 2

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
9 hours ago, maminulenka2 said:

Moar radar is needed defo!

• Funny 2

Players
2,780 posts
17,292 battles
6 hours ago, Ze_Reckless said:

If a DD can bring down your BB with his puny guns you are very much out of position or you are just so stupid to repair the first fire instantly. So, change the thread title from 'DD problem' into 'I suck at playing BBs, how can I improve'.

Tier 4 seal clubber destroyers are very OP and they're becoming more popular as high tier becomes even slower.

Vampire can sit in smoke for over 2 minutes pumping HE into 18 knot BBs with no fire prevention or understanding of the overly complex spotting mechanics. (Valkyrie is getting tier 6+ guns for even more epic seal clubbing, totally worth using a 19 point captain if it gets 6 smoke charges)

• Cool 1

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,090 battles
12 hours ago, maminulenka2 said:

I would highly recomend to review how spotting and smoke mechanics work.
iChaseGaming youtube channel has a playlist named Captains academy. Review the relevant parts.

If you are getting burned by a smoked dd in the start or the middle of the game you are either over extended and isolated  or your dds and radars are crap and your team way too passive. My bet is on the first possibility.

If you are getting burned on the end game, well there is not much you can do.
Learn when to dcp (meaning only after 2nd fire and if you can get safe soon enough).I assume you are playing a bb here.

Depending on the situation sometimes you can "rush" the smoked dd.
It wont always be optimal since it will over extend you and or isolate you more but still worth a try.
Again, depending on the situation.

At the current meta dds are getting shitted over and over again so its probably your fault not the dds.

To the rest of the smartasses who flamed this guy.
Could you stop that sh1t?
Yes it wasnt the best way to phrase it but he is new.Cut him some slack and instead of having fun, inform him.
Arent you also the ones who complain about the crap quality of players at high tiers?
They wont improve if you dont help them.
And flaming them/having fun at them wont make them improve.

• Cool 4