Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Michaaaaa

visual effects for citadel hits

20 comments in this topic

[GURK4]
Players
3 posts
5,002 battles

hey captains,

I wondered if it was possible to insert a big visual explosion effect when citadel is hit.

imagene to hit a citadel in 22km range and see a big explosion on board after the impact. "bullseye!!!"

[XTREM]
Players
1,037 posts
9,218 battles

Big explosions are for magazine detonations, other hits to citadel just represent important machinery and other parts getting damaged.

Besides, the amount of fire, smoke and splashes is already a bit much in my opinion.

Players
4,391 posts
12,087 battles

I find the sound effect already annoying enough. Don't need a special visual thing with that.

• Funny 1

Players
82 posts
6,224 battles
18 hours ago, Michaaaaa said:

imagene to hit a citadel in 22km range 

One-shoting cruiser across the map from very far back possition ain't enough is it?

The cruiser should go back to port with style right?

image.png.b6f4e94810910336a1e3580b6de14d95.png

Spoiler

• Funny 5

Players
1,678 posts
13,829 battles
2 minutes ago, Nordavindr said:

One-shoting cruiser across the map from very far back possition ain't enough is it?

Reveal hidden contents

USS Indianapolis with her "cargo" still on board and accidentally armed?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,251 posts
9,841 battles
18 hours ago, walter3kurtz said:

Besides, the amount of fire, smoke and splashes is already a bit much in my opinion.

This

Sometimes you cant see a DD with half your team shooting all around him + maybe a dead burning wreck in between.

Players
2,463 posts
31 minutes ago, deadly_if_swallowed said:

USS Indianapolis with her "cargo" still on board and accidentally armed?

They'll be asking for Sharks next.... Wait!!! We have them don't we...:Smile_teethhappy:

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

I'm curious ... I thought WG had disabled the ability to change letter colouring, yet the only thing I can actually read on my dark theme is the initial "hey captains," and then it's a poorly contrasted dark mess below.

I was under the impression that only happens when you copy&paste from another format (say Facebook or Reddit), so did OP really just copy&paste that from another website just to post here too, or what happened here?

Dark themed forum should have equal reading ease too, we don't need none of that white privilege stuff on the internet!

• Cool 1

Players
2,463 posts
35 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I'm curious ... I thought WG had disabled the ability to change letter colouring, yet the only thing I can actually read on my dark theme is the initial "hey captains," and then it's a poorly contrasted dark mess below.

I was under the impression that only happens when you copy&paste from another format (say Facebook or Reddit), so did OP really just copy&paste that from another website just to post here too, or what happened here?

Dark themed forum should have equal reading ease too, we don't need none of that white privilege stuff on the internet!

No problems on my screen .. maybe you're screen needs updating or replacing?

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
6 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Nope. It's just that the first comment is black letters on dark blue background.

Everything else is perfectly readable because it's white letters, as is the standard format on the dark theme.

[ANV]
Players
556 posts
4,822 battles
56 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

This

Sometimes you cant see a DD with half your team shooting all around him + maybe a dead burning wreck in between.

I agree that for gameplay it can be problematic but it certainly aids immersion and realism. I like it

[KAKE]
Players
2,788 posts
6,795 battles
19 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you do realize that the entire point of a Citadel is that it is inside the ship?

This.

23 minutes ago, Migantium_Mashum said:

Scroll down here: wargaming_forum.thumb.PNG.60b966bbb1079eefd25c45a7d99ed7c2.PNG

Under "Theme", select "WoWS - Dark" or "WoWS - Space". Tell me if you still don't have a problem reading it.

Players
2,463 posts
4 minutes ago, Uglesett said:

This.

Scroll down here: wargaming_forum.thumb.PNG.60b966bbb1079eefd25c45a7d99ed7c2.PNG

Under "Theme", select "WoWS - Dark" or "WoWS - Space". Tell me if you still don't have a problem reading it.

I understand now and yes I too cannot read below Hey Captains.

[THESO]
Players
647 posts
12,762 battles
On 8/17/2018 at 12:46 PM, Nordavindr said:

This is the kind of visual that I'd love to see when an unfortunate soul gets a detonation. A big ****ing mushroom cloud that stays around for a while, possibly obstructing visibility for a short while like smoke does. That is what you get when the magazines blow up. Detonations don't happen too often in games, so I don't think it would be ridiculous or overkill. 

Possibly the receiving end of a devastating strike could go more in style, as well? They're much more common though, so I wouldn't over-do it.

Regular citadel hits, however,  I think are just fine as they are right now.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Weekend Tester
867 posts
10,222 battles

I suppose that you could have a brief yellow flash or something to indicate a citadel, or maybe a single big puff of black or white smoke from the funnels, which would be a realistic indication of an engine room hit.

• Cool 1

[M-WAR]
Beta Tester
98 posts
7,853 battles

As far as "realism" goes, the indication for a penetrating hit is- you see nothing.

Gunnery observation was like: 8 shots fired, 7 splashes counted = 1 hit.

[-AP-]
Players
2,850 posts
6,898 battles
8 hours ago, asalonen said:

This is the kind of visual that I'd love to see when an unfortunate soul gets a detonation. A big ****ing mushroom cloud that stays around for a while, possibly obstructing visibility for a short while like smoke does. That is what you get when the magazines blow up. Detonations don't happen too often in games, so I don't think it would be ridiculous or overkill. 

Possibly the receiving end of a devastating strike could go more in style, as well? They're much more common though, so I wouldn't over-do it.

Regular citadel hits, however,  I think are just fine as they are right now.

Or just remove detonations completely

• Bad 1

Players
7,244 posts
11,668 battles
2 hours ago, asalonen said:

This is the kind of visual that I'd love to see when an unfortunate soul gets a detonation.

You havent played World in Conflict I guess - that had exactly what you are looking for.

Sign in to follow this