Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
satoca1

Bots, Cheating, Poor play

37 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts

Just been in a t10 game where 2 out of our 3 dds were either bots or refused to play properly. One just reversed all the way back to the edge of the map from the start, the other made a few turns by one of the caps and then turned back to the same spot on the edge of the map. Needless to say we lost the game very quickly, not least because the rest of our bb squad decided to lemming train to a cap without dds. Obvious thing to do was to report them as AFK and ask others including enemy team to report them. A comment made by one of the other players was "what's the use, they will turn pink and that's it".

Does anything happen when we report or is it just a placebo? I wish I could have a record of the game because it was quite unbelievable but still don't know what else, if anything, would come out of it. It also drives a sense of the WOWS developers not really giving much notice to feedback and frustrations on this game. I did manage to get a screenshot of the team score showing both Shima's at the bottom. Not even sure why/how they earned XP!

*edited*

Edited by Daxeno
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to naming.
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[PUPSI]
Freibeuter
11,986 posts
Vor 3 Minuten, satoca1 sagte:

Does anything happen when we report or is it just a placebo?

reports won't even turn them pink...

btw nevertheless naming and shaming is not allowed...

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[LEEUW]
Players
2,889 posts
10,504 battles

It's just a placebo. Report one potato and two new ones will spawn so don't bother and forget that match. On to the next one. 

Playing this game without two div mates is a bit like Russian roullette. Once in every couple games you get teamed up with the worst this player Base has to offer. 

Ship happens.

• Funny 1

[PN4VY]
Players
358 posts
7,090 battles

1) Edit the pic and blur their names. Because according to rules you can be absolute crap but you cant get bullied to improve.
2)Its placebo. The karma system does absolutely nothing.

I had one case where som1 was being way too toxic inside the game.Words where exchanged, the game was over and he kept being rude in private chat in the port.I believe he had at least 3 days ban for it after i reported it with replays and screenshots to the support.

But for ingame crap like that they wont do nothing.

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
23,863 battles

Ahh Shimas, well that explains it. Shima is quite unfortunately a "Potato Magnet" par excellence for new/poor players because of the awesome 15*20km torp salvos possible (but not a recommended choice tho, mind you) and so forth. Unfortunately this does not guarantee that the said persons could actually play it - OR any other ship for that matter. And to answer your question, yes, the reporting function is just a placebo designed to make you feel good, but with no actual consequence to the reported party (other than losing some karma points, which does not matter anyway). Well, except if you report someone for "misbehavior in chat" that apparently gets the person chat banned, if there are enough reports (must be more than 1, I guess). I have no idea how many tho.:cap_old:

Oh yeah, forgot to mention. Nobody goes pink just because someone else reported them - No maater how many times, that is a misconception for sure. One goes pink ONLY for doing team damage. Trust me on this one, have f*cked up a few times like that myself (but I'm gettin' better now, no worries).:Smile_bajan2:

Welcome to Tier 10 BTW, hehehe! :Smile_Default:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,367 posts
26,977 battles
4 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ahh Shimas, well that explains it. Shima is quite unfortunately a "Potato magnet" for new players because of the awesome 15*20km torp salvos and so forth.

Wouldnt say new players. Lately Shimas with under 300 games have been quite useful. The ones you dont wanna see are those 500+ games Shimas who will never learn, 1k+ being worst.

[CHEFT]
Players
12,211 posts
9,841 battles

I heard something along the lines, that the game does check if someone was moving, so you can only report ppl for being afk when they really didnt move. And supposedly something might happen when they get enough of them? Guess its hard to prove...

Same thing with misbehaviour in chat - when you say nothing, you cant get chatbanned.

[ONE2]
Players
3,144 posts
23,863 battles
10 minutes ago, Profilus said:

Wouldnt say new players. Lately Shimas with under 300 games have been quite useful. The ones you dont wanna see are those 500+ games Shimas who will never learn, 1k+ being worst.

Yupp, you're right about that... Fixed it to. "new/poor players" instead. :cap_like:

Though that said, i am working my way to becoming a 1+k Shima one day (no worries Lads that will be only AFTER I become a 2+k Mogami first, long ways to go yet) myself. Though I prolly should open a Shima player tips thread here at the forum first just to avoid the dreraded "Potato-Phase" of things.:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

Players
4,625 posts
7,604 battles

2 Worcesters, as DesMo and Missi on the red team, I guess if you make a class pretty much unplayable then the only people who will play it are the ones that are too bad to notice.

The clue is the 12,000 game super-unicum Shima nailed to the bottom of the red team's score sheet.

• Cool 1

Players
11 posts
18 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

2 Worcesters, as DesMo and Missi on the red team, I guess if you make a class pretty much unplayable then the only people who will play it are the ones that are too bad to notice.

The clue is the 12,000 game super-unicum Shima nailed to the bottom of the red team's score sheet.

I'm glad you pointed that out as it did cross my mind but chose not to mention it here in case we're told we're whingeing about radars again. Wows developers listening? I think not.

• Cool 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,211 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, satoca1 said:

I'm glad you pointed that out as it did cross my mind but chose not to mention it here in case we're told we're whingeing about radars again. Wows developers listening? I think not.

Ofc, here we go again:

- Radar made your Shimas hump the corner

- Radar made your BBs lemming to a cap without DDs, as you said yourself.

What else can we blaim on Radar:

World hunger? Some desease? Cancer?

Im all for getting those idiots out of the game, which ruin the fun for all others on the team, but stop blaming a consumable and start blaming those brainless idiots.

Players
7,232 posts
11,665 battles
37 minutes ago, satoca1 said:

Complete bull. Two days ago, I had a Tirpitz telling our team after one min "**** you im out" and he went afk in out spawn - you gonna scapegoat that on radar?

In yesterdays flamu stream vid you saw a Kurfürst driving around in the spawn, then saying "**** you, im out, going to smoke* - cuz of radar?

Before you think that Capra76 is contributing something usefull to any discussion, you should check his history of posting. Like been said before, he´d blame world hunger on radar if he just come up with a conection.

Think about it - if those two people would really be so scared (or w/e feeling it is they have) of radar - why would they bring a Shima to the battle? Why a DD and why T 10? Its much more likely, that they werent happy with what your team did or yoru team didnt follow their commands. Thats when usualy people like these stomp their feet and go afk. I had one of those guys, which confirmed my thesis not long ago on Okinawa (also a BB, just sayin). He DEMANDED everyone goes A - for a chance we had an intelligent team, that denied his request and said B/C. So he insulted everyone and said, he wasnt going to play but will YOLO to death. Which he did with his Kurfürst. He went through A and died after like 2 mins. During the middle of the match, we were 2 caps down and 3 ships behind. Everyone had already forgotten about him but he got active in chat again, telling everyone, that we are newbs, now we suffer, cuz we are too stupid to follow his tactic and we lose cuz we suck. (I mean the logic behind this is awesome isnt it? First you do the best to bring your team on the losing track, then you laugh about them, claiming its their fault). Also thinking about, that he stayed in the game, watching and was for some off reason happy. We never heard a word of him btw, after we took B/C, killed the enemy ships there, cuz half of the enemys were inside A and couldnt stop us.

Conclusion: Those people are the worst for any team-oriented multiplayer. Theyll scapegoat any reason to ruin the fun of others and enjoy it, when other players fun is spoiled. They need to go from the game. Stop discussing, what made them do this, you´ll make them look like sane-persons. They are not.

Players
11 posts
3 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Complete bull. Two days ago, I had a Tirpitz telling our team after one min "**** you im out" and he went afk in out spawn - you gonna scapegoat that on radar?

In yesterdays flamu stream vid you saw a Kurfürst driving around in the spawn, then saying "**** you, im out, going to smoke* - cuz of radar?

Before you think that Capra76 is contributing something usefull to any discussion, you should check his history of posting. Like been said before, he´d blame world hunger on radar if he just come up with a conection.

Think about it - if those two people would really be so scared (or w/e feeling it is they have) of radar - why would they bring a Shima to the battle? Why a DD and why T 10? Its much more likely, that they werent happy with what your team did or yoru team didnt follow their commands. Thats when usualy people like these stomp their feet and go afk. I had one of those guys, which confirmed my thesis not long ago on Okinawa (also a BB, just sayin). He DEMANDED everyone goes A - for a chance we had an intelligent team, that denied his request and said B/C. So he insulted everyone and said, he wasnt going to play but will YOLO to death. Which he did with his Kurfürst. He went through A and died after like 2 mins. During the middle of the match, we were 2 caps down and 3 ships behind. Everyone had already forgotten about him but he got active in chat again, telling everyone, that we are newbs, now we suffer, cuz we are too stupid to follow his tactic and we lose cuz we suck. (I mean the logic behind this is awesome isnt it? First you do the best to bring your team on the losing track, then you laugh about them, claiming its their fault). Also thinking about, that he stayed in the game, watching and was for some off reason happy. We never heard a word of him btw, after we took B/C, killed the enemy ships there, cuz half of the enemys were inside A and couldnt stop us.

Conclusion: Those people are the worst for any team-oriented multiplayer. Theyll scapegoat any reason to ruin the fun of others and enjoy it, when other players fun is spoiled. They need to go from the game. Stop discussing, what made them do this, you´ll make them look like sane-persons. They are not.

43 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Ofc, here we go again:

- Radar made your Shimas hump the corner

- Radar made your BBs lemming to a cap without DDs, as you said yourself.

What else can we blaim on Radar:

World hunger? Some desease? Cancer?

Im all for getting those idiots out of the game, which ruin the fun for all others on the team, but stop blaming a consumable and start blaming those brainless idiots.

It was not my intention to turn this thread into one about radars.

My point was that irrespective of the reason why those two dds chose to do what they did, it greatly influenced the outcome of the game. The reporting function appears to be meaningless and unsporting behaviour goes unpunished. This was not a case of a mistake being made, but rather intentional play by both not to engage. My question is, should there be a process or mechanism for WOWS to investigate instances like this. If there is one I am not aware of it. If I contact customer support their default response is "post in on the forum". Posting on the forum does not make on bit of difference as it does not change anything.

[NIKE]
Beta Tester
3,398 posts
7,298 battles
1 hour ago, Capra76 said:

This argument doesn't make sense.

The shima on the enemy team isn't a Unicum, he's a 47%. I presume you mean the Unicum gearing guy.

He has 66% in the gearing, with a 50% survival, 75k average damage and 1.2 average kills.

So clearly being last is not the norm for this guy.

If you look at his last week in destroyers he's played 11 games in DD, of which 10 are tier 8/9/10. He has a 90% WR with a PR of 3000+ so clearly all these radars aren't exactly hindering him that much

• Cool 4

[CHEFT]
Players
12,211 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, satoca1 said:

My point was that irrespective of the reason why those two dds chose to do what they did, it greatly influenced the outcome of the game. The reporting function appears to be meaningless and unsporting behaviour goes unpunished. This was not a case of a mistake being made, but rather intentional play by both not to engage. My question is, should there be a process or mechanism for WOWS to investigate instances like this. If there is one I am not aware of it. If I contact customer support their default response is "post in on the forum". Posting on the forum does not make on bit of difference as it does not change anything.

As i stated in my first post: As i understood correctly, reporting someone for being AFK does only help when they really didnt play. Unsporting behaviour? Who knows what that does, if it does anything.

Players
535 posts
7,070 battles

Well I must say he have a point - if you don't want to play vs radar and you think that radar is t4arded in this game ( i think that it is, it should be limited to 25 sec or no behind island )  than don't play high tier DD  because you know that it is gonna happened and you will be killed because of that --- in the end if every player will stop playing t8/9/10 DD because of that than WG will have to do something about that..

and also if DD's will stop playing and we will have less DD that we will have more BB what will make cruiser to stop playing and than WG will actually really need to do something about it  ASAP  

WG did something vs stealth-firing and they did something vs smoke firing (BBs and so on)   and I think they should nerf Radar to 20-25 sec max and they should solve shooting with 40% ship out behind island not being spotted / rendered  ( not rendered until more than half of centar-mass of the ship is visible -  that is like super retarded )

Beta Tester
237 posts
19,475 battles

8 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Well I must say he have a point - if you don't want to play vs radar and you think that radar is t4arded in this game ( i think that it is, it should be limited to 25 sec or no behind island )  than don't play high tier DD  because you know that it is gonna happened and you will be killed because of that --- in the end if every player will stop playing t8/9/10 DD because of that than WG will have to do something about that..

and also if DD's will stop playing and we will have less DD that we will have more BB what will make cruiser to stop playing and than WG will actually really need to do something about it  ASAP  

Then WG will offer people more premium DDs like Assashio, ASAP......:cap_popcorn:

• Funny 1

[CHEFT]
Players
12,211 posts
9,841 battles
15 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Actually the worst part for Cruisers is being (perma)spotted - without DDs, you would be almost guaranteed to know when you can go stealth and how far you can advance. The only thing stopping me from advancing on a flank with Hindenburg, is a DD that can permaspot me, because then im fucked, and not only by BBs. A Cruiser can survive in the open, as long as he has the possibility to stealth up, and re-engage at his own terms.

Players
4,290 posts
5,630 battles

Its summer vacation, so bad gameplay quality is expected. It takes a lot more patience and nerve to play during that time.

Yesterday I had nearly all day only defeats because teams were worse the bots in co op.

Players
535 posts
7,070 battles
31 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Actually the worst part for Cruisers is being (perma)spotted - without DDs, you would be almost guaranteed to know when you can go stealth and how far you can advance. The only thing stopping me from advancing on a flank with Hindenburg, is a DD that can permaspot me, because then im fucked, and not only by BBs. A Cruiser can survive in the open, as long as he has the possibility to stealth up, and re-engage at his own terms.

Maybe for you - i don't have problem being spotted in Hindi and Hindi is probably DD's worst enemy and BB's best friend with Vigilance and 3 min Hydro + spotter plane DD don't stand a chance to torp anyone with at least half brain  - in fact I use Legendary module and it is best thing ever for Hindi, finally I have rudder to dodge shells normally - and 2-3 mil.pot.dam is a normal game for Hindi ...  

If you are using Hindi as a stealth cruiser than your team love you so much - I bet

[CHEFT]
Players
12,211 posts
9,841 battles
9 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Maybe for you - i don't have problem being spotted in Hindi and Hindi is probably DD's worst enemy and BB's best friend with Vigilance and 3 min Hydro + spotter plane DD don't stand a chance to torp anyone with at least half brain  - in fact I use Legendary module and it is best thing ever for Hindi, finally I have rudder to dodge shells normally - and 2-3 mil.pot.dam is a normal game for Hindi ...  

And you didnt understand the point i was trying to make. Any cruiser (not just Hindenburg, others ofc more) is in trouble when he doesnt have a chance to go stealth when needed. The problem is not a DD torping me - its the DD SPOTTING me. He doesnt have to deal any damage to me to get me into trouble - but thats the problem with most DD players anyway.

If you are using Hindi as a stealth cruiser than your team love you so much - I bet

ye... how about no? but w/e :Smile_teethhappy:

I guess im imagining my average damage in Hindi... damn

Players
7,232 posts
11,665 battles
12 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

Did you try to compare your skill with his and imply, you are better? Next time you do that, you maybe should actually look at the stats first.. He is ~20% better then u in avg damage, avg kills and PR...