Flandre Bug Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Colonel_Boom

Giving Tirpitz Hydro

28 comments in this topic

Players
80 posts
5,221 battles

Hello,

i think its about time the often played Tirpitz gets some love. Currently Tirpitz plays abit awkward compared to the Bismarck. It exhanges hydro and  mid range AA for torps. I think it's about time it got the hydro. It should have gotten it with the secondary buff to Bismarck level(i mean they had the exact same secondary setup). It feels uncomfortable to play as soon as you try to be agressive compared to the Bismarck, ignoring your torpedo tubes being incapacitated by the crew if the enemy just looks at it. And with the current premium ship policy and newly released premium ships i wouldn't recommend buying the Tirpitz if you are newer to the game or value your money.

MfG

Boom

• Cool 1
  • Funny 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 12

[4_0_4]
Players
7,966 posts
14,340 battles

tenor.gif?itemid=7178438

• Cool 3
  • Funny 3

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
9 minutes ago, Colonel_Boom said:

Hello,

i think its about time the often played Tirpitz gets some love. Currently Tirpitz plays abit awkward compared to the Bismarck. It exhanges hydro and  mid range AA for torps. I think it's about time it got the hydro. It should have gotten it with the secondary buff to Bismarck level(i mean they had the exact same secondary setup). It feels uncomfortable to play as soon as you try to be agressive compared to the Bismarck, ignoring your torpedo tubes being incapacitated by the crew if the enemy just looks at it. And with the current premium ship policy and newly released premium ships i wouldn't recommend buying the Tirpitz if you are newer to the game or value your money.

MfG

Boom

oh my lord...

by the end of day i will see topic: pls buff conqueror. jesus

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[CHEFT]
Players
12,216 posts
9,841 battles

People will buy Tirpitz because Tirpitz. And if it has everything Bismarck has + torps, then its just plain better than the silver ship, and thats not good.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,693 posts
20,960 battles

Ah yes, lets make even more BBs :etc_swear:-proof. Surely the solution to all the problems this game has. :fish_palm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
920 posts
11,130 battles
Just now, El2aZeR said:

Ah yes, lets make even more BBs :etc_swear:-proof.

More? We are already pushing against the very fabric of reality as it is.

[4_0_4]
Players
7,966 posts
14,340 battles

On a more seriuos note @Colonel_Boom

No, the Tirpitz is fine the way she is. I would say even the secondary buff was not needed.

The fact that she carries torps makes her a very dangerous brawler in very close combat while the Bismarck is more usefull around the 9-11Km mark.

Players
8,456 posts
9,251 battles

No, Tirpitz is fine as she is. She's a sidegrade to the Bismarck and with hydro she'd basically be a Bismarck that traded a bit mid-range AA for torps. That's be straight up unbalanced and stupid.

• Cool 3

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,814 battles

It's not like Hydro on Tirpitz would break your randoms people calm your t1ts.

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
13,795 battles
2 hours ago, Colonel_Boom said:

Hello,

MfG

Boom

WTF is going on with this forum these days.

You're just trolling, right?

• Funny 2

Beta Tester
2,813 posts
7,266 battles
1 hour ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

It's not like Hydro on Tirpitz would break your randoms people calm your t1ts.

Well giving Tirpitz hydro wouldnt brake the game per se, but it wouldnt help it either, she got the secondary copy of Bizzy, now me for one i see the Tirpitz as a sidgrade in playstyle over Bizzy, let the former keep her hydro (witch actually in my book is not as usefull as the torp gift of the latter) witch i think is a good way of making syster ships uneque and not just boring copy pasta versions of eachother, and what WG should really take some time to think about more, they already wasted the Kongo and Myoko systers for sutch a concept. just my 2 cents here :Smile_honoring:

Now WG where is Yamashiro!! :cap_horn:

[BK]
Players
171 posts
8,741 battles

Can't have torpedo and hydro at the same time. Fade up with your credit card ship? Go grind the real tier 8!!!

[BOTS]
Players
891 posts
18,761 battles

Remember when premiums were slightly worse than their tech tree equivalents? 

Pepperidge farm remembers 

• Funny 2

[NWP]
Players
3,370 posts
17,633 battles

Nope, i have Tirpitz, I regret buying it because in the end it's not my playstyle. But giving it hydro as well?

Not needed, the ship is good where it is now, if you really need extra spotting take vigilance, that'll give you some extra warning.

Beta Tester
290 posts
3,522 battles
11 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

Remember when premiums were slightly worse than their tech tree equivalents? 

Pepperidge farm remembers 

Lol, Murmansk was one of the first premiums added and it was better than the Omaha...

Gremy was better than most other tier 5 DDs and Sims was a downright beast when stealthfiring was still a thing...

Premiums being worse than tech tree equivalents has never really been a thing in WoWs...

• Cool 1

[THESO]
[THESO]
Players
2,912 posts
25,890 battles

nvmedit, not even worth a lol :Smile_sceptic:

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
739 posts
14,934 battles

I think we should have the Tirpitz start every battle in a fjord, and then the player has to fight 2 waves of airstrikes from bot planes,  then fight 5 bot operated Royal Navy BB's plus support. Then he can enter the normal battle.

• Funny 1