You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Please put me out of my misery

27 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Hey it's ya boi Blixies with another tier 10 whine thread!
This time featuring Khabarovsk in which I apparently cannot win a bloody game! This boat is gonna break my very spirit.
image.thumb.png.fdd7b6fc6b6a34c55a6b3d337c2b78ed.png

But seriously, what do I do with this ship to win? 150k average damage? Do I desperately try to cap? Do I sacrifice my first born to the ghost of Stalin?
How do you counter the freaking 5 minute games when there are grand total of 3 ship kills before the game ends?

But Blixies, your semen sample is way too small to have any relevancy.
Yes, but so is my patience with losing game after game (after game after game). I'm sure that I magically win next 10 games to get my wr to stellar 50%.

But Blixies, you old fool, you just need to git gud.
Yes, I'm aware of that, working on it.

So, is there a better ship I can impact the game solo? I was under the impression the Khaba is considered one of such.

Thank you for your precious time you have just wasted reading this nonsensical rant which at least helped me to let off some steam.
Blixa out
image.png.30633e106c34767803662fd8798b57f2.pngimage.png.04d39e7503e94acaeab623fecdf3fb3e.pngimage.png.ec9725a85c42b22f25ecf4f5b0eedf8d.png

• Cool 1
  • Funny 9

Players
2,476 posts
7,916 battles

That's better than how my Fletcher games started... I was in 12% in the beginning...

[TAYTO]
Players
1,002 posts
11,100 battles
26 minutes ago, Blixies said:

This time featuring Khabarovsk in which I apparently cannot win a bloody game! This boat is gonna break my very spirit.

21.43% WR in 14 games suggest you won 3 games.

Maybe T10 is aiming a bit high?

• Bad 1

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,546 battles

Had the same thing happen in my Iowa. 30ish% winrate in that ship, close to 60% in the Missouri. 10k more average damage on the Iowa.

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
1 minute ago, DB2212 said:

Id rather go for too small sample size.

Ive had unlucky times in some ships aswell, Fuso, Nagato, ARP hiei come to mind (funny that those are all IJN BB^^). Abysmal WR through the first 20 games. After i grinded through Nagato i came to 53% or so... still feels a bit low, but what can you do? If id play 100 battles in each, i think it would be much better than it mostly shows right now. Probably with you too. Maybe you will win games where you only do like 70k damage in Khaba. Its always frustrating to lose high damage games, but thats just the way its gonna be.

• Cool 1

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

Now I'm going to speculate. Perhaps the R DD line isn't your thing. I'm guessing from my own pov here. I never really liked the line. For me they are too much a 1 trick pony: kiting at max distance with Mach 4, pewpewing. I hate that gamestyle and for me it's too situational. I was grinding the line reluctantly. Never took them after the split any more.

But again: it's my pov.

[GRK3N]
[GRK3N]
Players
1,175 posts
6,546 battles
13 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Now I'm going to speculate. Perhaps the R DD line isn't your thing. I'm guessing from my own pov here. I never really liked the line. For me they are too much a 1 trick pony: kiting at max distance with Mach 4, pewpewing. I hate that gamestyle and for me it's too situational. I was grinding the line reluctantly. Never took them after the split any more.

His average damage and personal rating with the ship are all unicum. So I doubt his performance is the problem

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Weekend Tester
2,385 posts
9,842 battles
3 hours ago, DB2212 said:

Looking at his average performance in his khaba I would gladly welcome him in my random team every battle.

• Cool 4

[TC1S]
Players
2,655 posts
14,015 battles
9 minutes ago, Geralt_z_Rivii365 said:

Looking at his average performance in his khaba I would gladly welcome him in my random team every battle.

This.

Quite sure it is a combination of bad luck (the t4rds are out in full force, in case ppl didn't notice it), and the fact that the khaba isn't the best carrying boat in the game imho.

• Cool 2

Players
685 posts
5,858 battles

This is the same experience that I've had in my Haida. Carry as hard as you can, it just doesn't matter sometimes. But goddamn I wish half the dds I've met recently have half as much an idea how to play as your khaba does.

Players
5,259 posts
9 hours ago, DB2212 said:

9 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

What are you guys saying?

He is doing GREAT in Khaba. If he got crap team he should just stop playing T10 because "hes not good enough"? He grinded the line and earned every right to play the damn boat as much as he pleases!

@Blixies just continue your Khaba play, be the mosquito and rule the flanks. And dont worry about your WR. Its not your fault that nobody likes the boat or that its not suited for the current meta.

Its WG and their MM + your team.

And no, dont fall under the pressure that you should be the one capping. Sure, there will be games where you will be the only "DD" in team. Or games where your Shimas just sail around the flanks ignoring the objectives torping enemy BBs from behind.

Even the Minotaur is better cap contester than you. Go for the caps if its safe or if there really is no other option. You are doing great (better than me).

• Cool 4

[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
184 posts
18,748 battles

With the Khaba it is difficult to carry (not impossible though) and your depending on your teammates as well. It is possible to hold off an entire flank on your own. What  @nambr9 states is correct.

Maybe check this topic for some tips? 

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,839 battles

Hmm... You're in a schtick indeed @Blixies my friend. Personally I'd recommend the option to sacrifice your first born for starters. If that does not work, perhaps try talking to a Burning Bush or some such. It's been rumored to work occasionally anyways. :cap_old:

weed.jpg.9de7ae28a43e75a295b3d5de2e9758e4.jpg

And if all that don't work either just go with @nambr9

• Funny 2

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

What are you guys saying?

He is doing GREAT in Khaba. If he got crap team he should just stop playing T10 because "hes not good enough"? He grinded the line and earned every right to play the damn boat as much as he pleases!

Absolutely true N9. I wrote my comment on my phone and I didn't see his stats. Now that I did: Blix, you're doing a hell of a job. Remember: WR is only part of the whole story. You keep on racking those awesome numbers! You can't carry 11 morons every time.

• Cool 3

Players
538 posts
7,154 battles

I already can't wait for the Khabarovsk, and looking at those stats I'm even more eager to play her! Shame about the WR, but then that seems to affect all ships to a certain degree (especially during times of "Potato Plague", if you know what I mean :Smile_Default:). How many credits/how much Free XP do you tend to earn per game with the Kebab? That should probably be a measure of whether it is worth playing a ship a lot of not. Anyway, the only advice I can give is to not take any results too seriously. Sure, a string of losses can seem bad, but if you are doing around 100k damage each game you can be confident it is nothing to do with you. I guess we all shouldn't get wound up by things we can't change. Potato players will always be potatoes, so don't stress about them too much. One day, they will be on the enemy team, and the game will be glorious! :cap_rambo:

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,301 posts
22,248 battles
12 hours ago, Blixies said:

Do I sacrifice my first born to the ghost of Stalin?

That'd be a good start. Try sacrificing a goat to our lord and savior RNGesus before clicking that battle button, too.

496.jpg

Alternatively, try playing in divs. The game is more fun when playing with others anyway.

[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
802 posts
16,039 battles

Let me guess: spam HE on BB's the entire match to get those nice dmg numbers? 

[LEEUW]
Players
3,358 posts
11,187 battles

Great numbers @Blixies. Must be extremely frustrating to have good games but it somehow is never "enough".

In my experience playing khaba ive noticed this: Doing lots of damage doesn't mean you will win. Most dmg you do in a match comes from burning down BBs. Farming BBs pushing you in the khaba is really useful to get high damagenumbers, but it takes half the match to burn down a TX BB.

If you manage to support your other dd at the start taking out one or perhaps two enemy dds you chances of winning that match significantly increase. May yield you less average dmg and less pr, but atleast your win rate will go up. 

That said: It's a tricky business to rely on random people so if you really really really want to up your wr there is only divisions to save it. :Smile-_tongue:

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles

Your damage is nice, put your kills are not at the same level. And killing ships wins battles, so maybe try on scoring more kills (and I'm not saying: go kill secure).

[IDDQD]
Alpha Tester
3,465 posts
11,628 battles
49 minutes ago, 159Hunter said:

And killing ships wins battles, so maybe try on scoring more kills (and I'm not saying: go kill secure).

yep, thats exactly khabas carry issue

fires are not winning the games on its own

Players
386 posts
12,530 battles
13 hours ago, Blixies said:

Blixies, your sample is way too small.

Yes it is.

Yet another tip: 

Keep your priority target number as high as possible. You attract the pissed off BBs shooting at you instead of ur teammates. You have it as high as 6: you are the king. It is 0 but you farm fire damage: you are useless.

• Cool 2

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
13 hours ago, Blixies said:

But seriously, what do I do with this ship to win? 150k average damage? Do I desperately try to cap? Do I sacrifice my first born to the ghost of Stalin?
How do you counter the freaking 5 minute games when there are grand total of 3 ship kills before the game ends?

But Blixies, your semen sample is way too small to have any relevancy.
Yes, but so is my patience with losing game after game (after game after game). I'm sure that I magically win next 10 games to get my wr to stellar 50%.

But Blixies, you old fool, you just need to git gud.
Yes, I'm aware of that, working on it.

So, is there a better ship I can impact the game solo? I was under the impression the Khaba is considered one of such.

Thank you for your precious time you have just wasted reading this nonsensical rant which at least helped me to let off some steam.
Blixa out
image.png.30633e106c34767803662fd8798b57f2.pngimage.png.04d39e7503e94acaeab623fecdf3fb3e.pngimage.png.ec9725a85c42b22f25ecf4f5b0eedf8d.png

1. Division with some actual DDs.

And I'm not really joking here. Playing Khaba means that your team has one less DD. It's beneficial in a 5v5 DD match, yes, but if it's a 3v3 DD Domination struggle? In theory your team has 3 DDs. In practice one is a Khaba, another afk and the third one a potato... when that happens it really doesn't matter how much damage the Khaba manages to farm. Picking Khaba makes it easier for crap MM to screw you over - and just a bit of bad luck is enough for just that to happen.

• Cool 1