Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Yaskaraxx

Get Rid of the Kamikaze ships - those OP ships chase away NEW PLAYERS(!)

88 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles

It's not for myself that I write this (I myself hardly meet any OP Kamikaze DD's at levels I play)...it's more since I am realy concerned that the enormeous OP Kamikaze ships chase away new players right out of this game. If there is one thing a gamer does not NOT like, it is: being shot at (in this case torped till sinking) while not being able to shoot back or ANY possibility to fight back!!!. And that's exactly what we are seeing with those OP Kamikaze's: they sink very many new players in their very first BB's over & over gain. Rises the question: "if you were a new player, just having yr first BB...say a Myogi/Konig...a T5 BB...seeing you have NO COUNTERPLAY at all against those "sealclubbing Kamikaze destroyers"? Could very well result in new players deciding stopping playing the game (...seeing they have NO counterplay).....regrettably

 

I am worried about that.......

 

For the sake of the game and protecting the drive for NEW PLAYERS to enthousiastically play this game..I would strongly suggest to get rid of such OP T5 ships as Kamikaze (V).

 

...and yes...this would to a certain degree take away the drive for "easy-way-to-go-sealclubbers" (takes a low-mind-set)....but on the other hand (and far more important imho): we would keep on-board the many new players...so they keep their DRIVE to play for the years to come (instead of an early leaving this game..).

 

I myself allways had a very low respect-level for experienced players going to tier 5 for "sealclubbling new players right out of this game"...I myself never did do so (...I  like it to see new players having fun...enjoying this great game!...exploring it's almost endless possibilities...next level...next level...etc.)

 

Reason: when in battle seeing too often many new players tier 5 BB...being torped over & over again by such OP coward sealclubbers Kamikaze dd's...makes me kind of feeling sorrow about existing balance re OP destroyers....why can't we stop this? It for sure would benefit the game & expanding playerbase, i mean.:cap_wander_2:

  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,285 posts
7,112 battles

The Kamikaze isn't for sale anymore. However, people actually bought this ship with real money, so they won't get directly nerfed, or removed from the accounts of those who already have one.

 

The Kamikaze might be OP, that doesn't mean it's invincible. When sealclubbing myself in T5 battleships today the DD's (including at least one Kamikaze) failed to hit me once with a torpedo, and that was at close range.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
3,242 posts
26 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

at all against those "sealclubbing Kamikaze destroyers"

There aren't all those Kamikaze's. I play almost exclusively in the T5-7 bracket (so T4-T9 ships in my battles), and the Kamikaze is not that frequent of an occurrence in my battles. A decently played Minekaze is equally as dangerous btw. 

 

Thanks for the heads-up btw, I should play mine again, it's been some months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,141 posts
11,207 battles
29 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

they sink very many new players in their very first BB's over & over gain.

 

What?

BBs are being countered by the ships that are made to counter them?
WHEN WILL THE MADNESS END?

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AKI]
Players
4,181 posts
7,705 battles

WASD keys are hacks, you can get banned for using them guys! The only way is to create new gimmick which instantly destroys all (OP) enemy DDs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AKI]
Players
80 posts
19,915 battles

You need to understand, WoWs is like the nature. Where there is predator and grass eaters. It is the circle of life. Purging the weak once from the herd. And thus strenghtening the others so that only the strong once survive and continue to excist. Thus removing Kami will cause a cascade of events where the weak players will continue to excist and get to higher tier and thus the ecosystem of wows will be destroyed untill nothing is left. Now, tell me, you don't want to destroy wows ecosystem now do you?
On this note, this made me want to play Kami now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AKI]
Players
4,181 posts
7,705 battles

image.png.d7f493a1673e4a426d39ad1bbaaf7b9a.png

Quote

I myself allways had a very low respect-level for experienced players going to tier 5 for "sealclubbling new players right out of this game"...I myself never did do so

Makes you think.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,732 posts
15,317 battles
37 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

It's not for myself that I write this (I myself hardly meet any OP Kamikaze DD's at levels I play)...it's more since I am realy concerned that the enormeous OP Kamikaze ships chase away new players right out of this game. If there is one thing a gamer does not NOT like, it is: being shot at (in this case torped till sinking) while not being able to shoot back or ANY possibility to fight back!!!. And that's exactly what we are seeing with those OP Kamikaze's: they sink very many new players in their very first BB's over & over gain. Rises the question: "if you were a new player, just having yr first BB...say a Myogi/Konig...a T5 BB...seeing you have NO COUNTERPLAY at all against those "sealclubbing Kamikaze destroyers"? Could very well result in new players deciding stopping playing the game (...seeing they have NO counterplay).....regrettably

 

I am worried about that.......

 

For the sake of the game and protecting the drive for NEW PLAYERS to enthousiastically play this game..I would strongly suggest to get rid of such OP T5 ships as Kamikaze (V).

 

...and yes...this would to a certain degree take away the drive for "easy-way-to-go-sealclubbers" (takes a low-mind-set)....but on the other hand (and far more important imho): we would keep on-board the many new players...so they keep their DRIVE to play for the years to come (instead of an early leaving this game..).

 

I myself allways had a very low respect-level for experienced players going to tier 5 for "sealclubbling new players right out of this game"...I myself never did do so (...I  like it to see new players having fun...enjoying this great game!...exploring it's almost endless possibilities...next level...next level...etc.)

 

Reason: when in battle seeing too often many new players tier 5 BB...being torped over & over again by such OP coward sealclubbers Kamikaze dd's...makes me kind of feeling sorrow about existing balance re OP destroyers....why can't we stop this? It for sure would benefit the game & expanding playerbase, i mean.:cap_wander_2:

There are not and never were OP. They are just good at punishing people who do not use WASD. In a way, they are an important training lesson for BB drivers.

If your targets use WASD, you hardly do any damage.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
26 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Or maybe they'll git gud and start using WASD.

lol...dwells my mind to that movie "Blind Fury" (Rutger Hauer starring in it)....but to be serious: I REALY feel sorrow for those many new players sailing their very first majestic T5 Battleships around for the first time ...full of expectations...and then...then they get hunted (no counterplay of any kind possible)...and they get sunk without even the possibility to shoot 1x single shell as a defense at those OP Kamikase R destroyers. Yes, feel sorrow for those players when I see that happening so often, over and over again (..I see that, because I keep hanging around watching a battle when I myself am out/sunk already, I watch gameplay happening, gameplay of others, having a smoke, watching them, their ships, what they do...I do that often...so..I KNOW what I am talking about). At those times I often wondered: "what would that new player be thinking..evaluating his/hers first experiences in his new T5 BB..what must he/she be thinking?...will he/she keep on playing?...dunno...wonder about that...what is the impact of these Kamikaze OP destroyers?!!). Anyway....it is realy worth to think about this ...imo an important issue (...since NO ONE wants to chase away new players...we all want to see expanding playerbase 30K--->40K--->50K for this great game). So, imho, realy worthwhile thinking about it.....give it a thought, i mean.

 

(..btw....have you seen that movie "Blind Fury"?...actually I like that movie, since Rutger Hauer in it & good story & nice actions = best actor Holland ever had together with Lee van Cleef!...best 2 actors The Netherlands ever had, sofar:cap_popcorn:)

 

 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
29,732 posts
15,317 battles

If a Tier V BB is their very first BB, they are doing it wrong!!

 

Quote

...Yes, feel sorrow for those players when I see that happening so often, over and over again ...

 

... (I myself hardly meet any OP Kamikaze DD's at levels I play). ...

And you should make up your mind, you are contradicting yourself!

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
14,706 posts
21,028 battles
1 minute ago, Yaskaraxx said:

then they get hunted (no counterplay of any kind possible)

 

Oh no, BBs don't possess any kind of counterplay against their counter class. Bugger.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
33 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

There aren't all those Kamikaze's. I play almost exclusively in the T5-7 bracket (so T4-T9 ships in my battles), and the Kamikaze is not that frequent of an occurrence in my battles. A decently played Minekaze is equally as dangerous btw. 

 

Thanks for the heads-up btw, I should play mine again, it's been some months.

...have to disagree on that: there is an enormeous BIG DIFFERENCE between Minekaze (V) and the Kamikaze (V) series (...well...pretty sure you already knew that, lol,...so why state different?..lol).

 

(Minekaze = OK and very fine destroyer and absolutely not OP...balanced at that tier = ok....contrary to those far OP Kamikaze series destroyers)

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,285 posts
7,112 battles
2 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

I REALY feel sorrow for those many new players sailing their very first majestic T5 Battleships around for the first time ...full of expectations...and then...then they get hunted (no counterplay of any kind possible)...and they get sunk without even the possibility to shoot 1x single shell as a defense at those OP Kamikase R destroyers.

(..btw....have you seen that movie "Blind Fury"?...actually I like that movie, since Rutger Hauer in it & good story & nice actions = best actor Holland ever had together with Lee van Cleef!...best 2 actors The Netherlands ever had, sofar:cap_popcorn:)

 

 

If you're sailing solo in a straight line, you deserve to get rekt back into port and back into reality. And that's something that should be learned at tier 3, and not tier 5. Thanks to the MM changes you can't face Kamikaze's in tier 3 anymore, unless you div up with a tier 4.

A lot of people here grinded battleships before Minekaze got nerfed, and she was very similar to the Kamikaze. They managed to do it, I don't know why new players wouldn't be able to.

 

Lee van Cleef had Dutch ancestors, but wasn't Dutch himself. I have to agree though that he was indeed a great actor. :Smile_great:

I should watch the Dollars trilogy again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
16 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

 

Oh no, BBs don't possess any kind of counterplay against their counter class. Bugger.

...lol....actually I hoped for you to message me: we reached 30K this evening again...seems not....aghhh:cap_popcorn:

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AKI]
Players
4,181 posts
7,705 battles

What about ppl who already own kamikaze R/bought kamikaze/fujin? WG cant just delete ship from the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
7,969 posts
14,340 battles

Who needs Kamis if you have Cesares?

 

And even so: I belive the amount of DD players in the low tiers is quite high, so players should be used to them by the time they reach T4.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AKI]
Players
4,181 posts
7,705 battles
Just now, Zemeritt said:

Who needs Kamis if you have Cesares?

 

And even so: I belive the amount of DD players in the low tiers is quite high, so players should be used to them by the time they reach T4.

But Cesare is a bb so it's balanced by definition image.png.e7fe8456384b182820b4ee1229070624.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
7,969 posts
14,340 battles
2 minutes ago, FM6a said:

But Cesare is a bb so it's balanced by definition image.png.e7fe8456384b182820b4ee1229070624.png

 

Aww sorry, I forgot that.

 

Btw: Belfasts "balance" Kamikazes :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
13 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

Lee van Cleef had Dutch ancestors, but wasn't Dutch himself. I have to agree though that he was indeed a great actor. :Smile_great:

I should watch the Dollars trilogy again.

"Van Cleef" = a real Dutch name!!!...anyway, Lee van Cleef was a bit before my time, discovered him as counter-player (legendary good) in many of the Clint Eastwood Westerns (...and must say: Clint Eastwood = my very most fav actor ALLTIME...legendary Clint, what an actor & what a Director). And yes, we now have Carice Van Houten....but, no, sorry, she is not high-level as Rutger Hauer or Lee van Cleef.

 

Look at this YT-clip..I love it....shows Lee van Cleef in full legendary action:

 

For a few dollars more - smoker scene

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles

Can't say I experience Belfast or Cesare as being OP (very strong ships, yes...but NOT OP)....counterplay there is very well possible...those ships can be destroyed. Even Atlanta...OP?...no, no, no...very fragile ship (can be one-shotted)...make 1x wrong decision and yr out/sunk. BUT then again make the right decisions with Atlanta(VII)...+ having some luck (not to forget!!..lol)...and you get fantastic results with Atlanta..depends on circumstances...but neither of those mentioned ships are realy OP.

 

Kamikaze (V) (...series of ships) ARE tooooooooooooooooooooo OP...and I think they hurt our playerbase (new players)...that's the point I wanted to make here...Kamikaze)

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TAYTO]
Players
865 posts
9,218 battles
31 minutes ago, Yaskaraxx said:

...have to disagree on that: there is an enormeous BIG DIFFERENCE between Minekaze (V) and the Kamikaze (V) series (...well...pretty sure you already knew that, lol,...so why state different?..lol).

 

(Minekaze = OK and very fine destroyer and absolutely not OP...balanced at that tier = ok....contrary to those far OP Kamikaze series destroyers)

Mutsuki is your bigger threat. Kamikaze is overrated, Minekaze plays better but Mutsuki is the best ;)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,981 posts
7,359 battles

You guys are arguing with a player that wanted the Moskva to be completely covered of 50mm plating because it was too weak.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[N3XUS]
Players
1,101 posts
23,878 battles
2 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

You guys are arguing with a player that wanted the Moskva to be completely covered of 50mm plating because it was too weak.

hoi..SinGetshu...long time no see, lol. anyway, no discussion-thread here..I only make "a point deserving attention"....and then I leave it up to others "to-do-with-it-what-they-want"..so, no discussion on my part (= only constructice comment)

 

Besides that: are ya still promoting Moskva? lol....look...in short; Conqueror (X) HAS ALL that Moskva lacks! (...can't you still see that?)...so...what?...what's the point promoting Moskva (X)...at present state/time , that is, I mean????? I call it "Helicopter-View"...maybe ya should try it for once? Yes?...opens up the eyes...BIG TIME! lol:cap_popcorn:

 

(...the day we both can actually agree on some subject..that will be the very one day I open up my very best bottle of wine, lol)

  • Bad 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[AKI]
Players
4,181 posts
7,705 battles
15 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

You guys are arguing with a player that wanted the Moskva to be completely covered of 50mm plating because it was too weak.

wew... Really?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×