Infiriel

IJN`s secret HE Buff - opinions?

5 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
508 posts
8,055 battles

So as some may have already know there was a silent change for IJN 100mm gun turrets - those found currently at HSF Harekaze (Hull B), and Akizuki (and probably Hakuryu secondaries).

Their penetration has essentially become equal to German/British improved HE pen, which is now 25mm (32mm with IFHE).

Now for the sake of clarity - i really like this buff, since IJN DD`s would have otherwise hit the rock bottom of "Viable DD" list as soon as British DD`s are released.

The question is: what about all the other IJN DD`s except those 2. (then 4, since we get Kitakaze, and Harugumo in next patch) All of them are going to suffer even harder, due to totally needed addition of Shima-concealment Gearing with 3 minute hydro. (because why not)

What are your opinions on how (or if) should IJN torpedoboat line be changed to become useful in a hands of anyone but unicums.

My best idea was to replace IJN torpedoboat smokes with more, shorter-lasting, and faster-reloading smokes, just so you have smoke ready in 9/10 cases.

The second best was to allow IJN to single fire torps. WIth the amount of torps they usually carry it`d greatly increase the effectiveness of torpedo assault (at least in my case).

2ft0u9.jpg

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,929 battles
Vor 6 Minuten, Infiriel sagte:

silent change

By silent you mean it was announced everywhere, from Facebook to Reddit to the WoWs Homepage?

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

Players
170 posts
7,460 battles

How about even weaken their guns even more ? ( i talk about shimakaze line ) but instead strengthen theirs torpedoes to make them more unique and  competetive :Smile_honoring:  but that is for WoW staff to decide.

[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,973 posts
22,092 battles
2 hours ago, fodder89 said:

How about even weaken their guns even more ? ( i talk about shimakaze line ) but instead strengthen theirs torpedoes to make them more unique and  competetive :Smile_honoring:  but that is for WoW staff to decide.

And it'll look like this:

"We have decided to increase the reload on all 127mm IJN guns by 2,5s, to compensate we lowered the damage of all torpedoes and increased their spotting distance. This will balance the IJN Ds better compared to other lines. Action Stations."

• Funny 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,650 posts
6,130 battles

Silent? It was plastered all over the news, weeks in advance.

If this is your idea of silent I don't want to see your idea of loud to be perfectly honest..