Hundigo

Frustated, as I start the game

119 comments in this topic

[NANY]
Players
237 posts

I'm really frustated about the game and about the following reason;

My favorite ship for the moment is the Wakatake. It"'s a destroyer. Destroyer use torpedoes. My torpedoes has a range of 7km.  I have to launch them in advance in the hope I can hit an opponent. I use the predicted arrival time shown in the game by the game self ( the guide icon).  Not any problem with that. Except when an ally member walks later in the line of fire of my torpedoes. I get punnished for it  :S  For something I couldn't forseen when I launched my torpedoes to the opponent. And the bans are really totally out of proportion for such actions. 

I can understand the learning curve of the game and excetera. But what when you play the game at it best when it supposed to be when you use a typical ship ? In my case it's a destroyer, so yeah, I launch torpedoes. So what now ????   I may not launch them except when the area for let's say 10 km is clear of allied ship's ? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 5
  • Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,026 posts

Oh look, another thread about a player launching torps and hitting enemies....ehm....friendlies.

With 7km torps, it isn't that hard to NOT hit your own teammates. It rly isn't.

• Cool 9

[NANY]
Players
237 posts

they are all new ones and they all can spot the white triangles. it's realy frustrating when you launch your torpedoes and then later an ally member walks in the line of fire of it. I get banned, so don't tell me it's easy. When it happens again I quit the game permantly. 

That would be the same then I have to read all the time that they can ban me permantly out of the game. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2
  • Angry 1

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
5,650 posts
6,130 battles

Your torpedoes, your responsibility. It is as simple as that, if you can't get that to work then try playing something other than dd's.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,929 battles
Vor 9 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

they are all new ones and they all can spot the white triangles.

What is better to see, those small white triangles or those big green teammates that you are torping?

Vor 9 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

When it happens again I quit the game permantly. 

Good, that means one idiot less that torps his teammates :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
1,026 posts

Top tip: Don't launch torps from the rear or in a direction u have friendlies in.

Move up and make sure u can launch them safely. It rly isn't that hard, mate.

The amount of times I've spent dodging torps launched from friendlies in the lower tiers are mindboggling.

And if getting penalized is the only way for such players to learn, so be it.

• Cool 2

[NANY]
Players
237 posts

I was Always in the front of teammembers. Don't answer in general or preditcal answers, when you don't know the context.   You know what shall happen now ? I'm going have it coverd by different streamers WoW use. I record my games, but WoW cant find them, even with their tool, because I placed them in another folder. ;)

And with the GDPR rules, they can't even claim them. I'm banned for 6 games. I inform my teammembers in every battle now. I inform them, then I rush to the opponent and do nothing in the game. And later I shall not play the game for 6 days, as respond to them. 

I have a player base of 400 loyal online gamers and have an independent forum. So we discuss my experience with the other potential players.  But I also know the streamers of this game, so I've asked them to cover this issue. If they don't; they loose followers and income, so they gonna cover it. 

• Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Never torp from second line, ever.

If there's an ally between you and your prospective target, don't. And placing the blame on your ally is just obnoxious. He's on the same team, he shouldn't have to watch you torping into his back and even if he is paranoid enough to do that, if he's closer than 7km to the enemy (put put himself between you and the enemy he has to be) then he's got other things to watch than behind him just in case someone dumps torp along his path.

1 minute ago, Hundigo said:

I was Always in the front of teammembers. Don't answer in general or preditcal answers, when you don't know the context.

Nonsense. There is not a single ship in this game that is faster than shiplaunched torpedoes (yet, Le Terrible might actually end up fast enough with all bonuses considered to overtake the Black's torps (without TA skill that is), but even then the speed delta wouldn't be enough for this to realistically happen unless it was an engineered scenario). Ergo not a single ship can actually overtake your ordnance even if the guy tried. For your torps to hit an ally, he MUST've been between you and your target. No buts, no ifs, no context needed because there simply isn't a single possibility of this ever happening by accident if you pay a modicum of attention to your surroundings.

• Cool 5
  • Bad 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,929 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

I was Always in the front of teammembers. Don't answer in general or preditcal answers, when you don't know the context.

Then don't lie to us. Torpedos are faster than Ships, so it's impossible to hit teammates that are behind you at the time of the launch.

• Cool 1

[-OOF-]
Beta Tester
2,201 posts
9,975 battles
16 minutes ago, Hundigo said:

I was Always in the front of teammembers. Don't answer in general or preditcal answers, when you don't know the context.   You know what shall happen now ? I'm going have it coverd by different streamers WoW use. I record my games, but WoW cant find them, even with their tool, because I placed them in another folder. ;)

And with the GDPR rules, they can't even claim them. I'm banned for 6 games. I inform my teammembers in every battle now. I inform them, then I rush to the opponent and do nothing in the game. And later I shall not play the game for 6 days, as respond to them. 

I have a player base of 400 loyal online gamers and have an independent forum. So we discuss my experience with the other potential players.  But I also know the streamers of this game, so I've asked them to cover this issue. If they don't; they loose followers and income, so they gonna cover it. 

What even is this?

Anyways your torps your responsibility. Throwing a message in chat and hoping the other guy reads it can sometimes work though.

Still as others have said and will say (also the streamers btw) is don't torp from the second line in general.

[NANY]
Players
237 posts
39 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Never torp from second line, ever.

If there's an ally between you and your prospective target, don't. And placing the blame on your ally is just obnoxious. He's on the same team, he shouldn't have to watch you torping into his back and even if he is paranoid enough to do that, if he's closer than 7km to the enemy (put put himself between you and the enemy he has to be) then he's got other things to watch than behind him just in case someone dumps torp along his path.

Nonsense. There is not a single ship in this game that is faster than shiplaunched torpedoes (yet, Le Terrible might actually end up fast enough with all bonuses considered to overtake the Black's torps (without TA skill that is), but even then the speed delta wouldn't be enough for this to realistically happen unless it was an engineered scenario). Ergo not a single ship can actually overtake your ordnance even if the guy tried. For your torps to hit an ally, he MUST've been between you and your target. No buts, no ifs, no context needed because there simply isn't a single possibility of this ever happening by accident if you pay a modicum of attention to your surroundings.

well, then answer or discuss my ban I have for the moment. I recorded my gameplay. So don't argue you have to seen them first now. You had your answer ready, so make sure you can answer mine now :)

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[NANY]
Players
237 posts

I'm not hoping that other players would see this in the first place. There are gamemoderators and forummoderators. They see it and they can check my gameplay since my ban. And I'm gonna quit the game for the next 7 days, from the moment my ban is released. So I'm gonna double my ban I had from them ;)  But they gonna wish I like the game ;).  I have a decent amount of online gamers, but it doesn't mean we are addicted to one specifice developper :)  That's the difference. Like streamers are not bound to the game neither. I'ts their opinion that counts. If they found tommorrow a new game to stream, they gonna be on it and hope they can take their viewers from WoW with them ;)

• Bad 1

[NANY]
Players
237 posts
Alle 8/13/2018 alle 22:21, Commander_Cornflakes ha scritto:

Then don't lie to us. Torpedos are faster than Ships, so it's impossible to hit teammates that are behind you at the time of the launch.

I don't lie. And don't make it backwards. It's WoW that has to proof I did something wrong,but I didn't. That's what frustated me the most. I was in front of the teammates, but get banned anyway. I experienced like in football, you was offline, even you was in front of everyone

Alle 8/13/2018 alle 23:08, Commander_Cornflakes ha scritto:

Well I have an even bigger amount of online games and streamers, the biggest amount that you will ever see :cap_cool:

you may have them, depends on what influence they can achieve ;)

• Boring 1
  • Bad 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
15 minutes ago, Hundigo said:

well, then answer or discuss my ban I have for the moment. I recorded my gameplay. So don't argue you have to seen them first now. You had your answer ready, so make sure you can answer mine now :)

Ban is justified since you were negligent enough to cause teamdamage to your team when it was entirely preventable by simply looking around every now and then.

To reiterate, there is currently NOT A SINGLE SHIP in the game that can outrun shiplaunched torpedoes. Ergo the ONLY way you would EVER hit an ally with torps is if they were already between you and your target, on a path that intersected with your torpedo trajectory. And with 7km torps, it's not like you have to take a sweeping look like say the 16,5km torps on the Gearing which can keep running for ages and literally hit a ship on the other half of the map that wasn't even rendered on your screen because of the distance (which is why you always check the minimap too).

I don't have to see what you did. I already know what you did wrong and the specifics are irrelevant. The fault lies with you, you didn't pay attention, you fired the torps anyway.

It's that simple.

8 minutes ago, Hundigo said:

I'm not hoping that other players would see this in the first place. There are gamemoderators and forummoderators.

There actually aren't game moderators. The TK system is automated: you do damage, you get flagged. You do enough damage, you get penalized. You get penalized often enough, you get suspended.

And forum moderators have zero responsibility for the game.

3 minutes ago, Hundigo said:

It's WoW that has to proof I did something wrong,but I didn't.

The game has the proof. They track team damage in realtime as it happens. You did it.

And like we've been saying, it is IMPOSSIBLE for allied ships to just up and sail into your torps unexpectedly because they already have to be between you and the enemy at the time of you launching the torps in order to get hit by them, at which point you can see them there and obviously shouldn't fire the torps because lo and behold, you might hit your allies.

QED

• Cool 7
  • Bad 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,929 battles
Vor 2 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

I don't lie. And don't make it backwards. It's WoW that has to proof I did something wrong,but I didn't.

Your torpedoes hit a teammate, what more proof do they need?

• Cool 1

[NANY]
Players
237 posts

This is the proof. They punnished me for 6 games. For not any acceptable reason from my part. But hack; I self make it 6 days for it. I repaid my 6 games now , so for the moment I'm ban free. But hack , I'm not gonna play the game anymore for  the next 6 days. 

WoW has 3 steps. A warning, a 7 days ban and a permanent ban. So I accept even they never forced me too, to a 7 day game ban. In these 7 days, I self shall not play the game, and not bring any new customers  to the game for them. I explain my experience I have with this game on different public channels. 

The ban is actually based on an algoritme; it's  not that a human or WoW  employees looks at each individual case. I also have proof of that. In the past it was also I didn't stear my ship right and bumped against another teammate. But I had the lowest standard HP, so the result was, the other get punished for it. I can and did appolozise me for it in the chat channel of the game, but it didn't changed anything for that teammate at the end. 

You may explain whatever you like here in the forum, each individual player has experienced the same issue. So no matter what rank in the game or elsewhere you can have; you cant argue my argumentations with decents facts. And even the point I make it much more worst for my self; I punish myself for the next week for it to play this game. What argue you shall bring now BETA TESTER and WoW's Wiki Team ?  You can't bring one argumentation against it. You guys and girls argue I didd do something wrong ? Fine for me, I never play this game anymore then. Even I knew, I didn't nothing wrong at all. Are you self the so mentioned customers helpfull community ? And you can't even argue this here ? Let me tell you guys and girls this; even the You Tube channels and that in the higher tiers are full of purple colored players. So don't argue here like it is an exceptional factor of one player like me ;)

• Funny 1
  • Bad 3

[-AP-]
Players
2,852 posts
6,905 battles
4 minutes ago, Hundigo said:

This is the proof. They punnished me for 6 games. For not any acceptable reason from my part. But hack; I self make it 6 days for it. I repaid my 6 games now , so for the moment I'm ban free. But hack , I'm not gonna play the game anymore for  the next 6 days. 

WoW has 3 steps. A warning, a 7 days ban and a permanent ban. So I accept even they never forced me too, to a 7 day game ban. In these 7 days, I self shall not play the game, and not bring any new customers  to the game for them. I explain my experience I have with this game on different public channels. 

The ban is actually based on an algoritme; it's  not that a human or WoW  employees looks at each individual case. I also have proof of that. In the past it was also I didn't stear my ship right and bumped against another teammate. But I had the lowest standard HP, so the result was, the other get punished for it. I can and did appolozise me for it in the chat channel of the game, but it didn't changed anything for that teammate at the end. 

You may explain whatever you like here in the forum, each individual player has experienced the same issue. So no matter what rank in the game or elsewhere you can have; you cant argue my argumentations with decents facts. And even the point I make it much more worst for my self; I punish myself for the next week for it to play this game. What argue you shall bring now BETA TESTER and WoW's Wiki Team ?  You can't bring one argumentation against it. You guys and girls argue I didd do something wrong ? Fine for me, I never play this game anymore then. Even I knew, I didn't nothing wrong at all. Are you self the so mentioned customers helpfull community ? And you can't even argue this here ? Let me tell you guys and girls this; even the You Tube channels and that in the higher tiers are full of purple colored players. So don't argue here like it is an exceptional factor of one player like me ;)

There is no proof tho.. you have yet to upload your recording / replay. Until you do, you are guilty by default, it is never EVER the fault of the ship that gets hit by torpedoes, as it is your job as a torpedo launching vehicle to look around you and make sure that it is physically impossible for any allied ship to hit your torpedo.

There is only one possible scenario where i would dub you innocent, and that is if you asked a ship ahead of you for permission to launch to his side, he replied "yes, go ahead and launch" and then he got hit. Unless this is what happened, you are guilty, and there is nothing more to it.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,929 battles
Vor 4 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

The ban is actually based on an algoritme; it's  not that a human or WoW  employees looks at each individual case. I also have proof of that.

Yes, wow. Everyone knows that already and nobody said otherwise.

Vor 5 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

In the past it was also I didn't stear my ship right and bumped against another teammate. But I had the lowest standard HP, so the result was, the other get punished for it.

"Punished". There is no actual punishment for just ramming. It's only a few credits and XP less.

Vor 6 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

each individual player has experienced the same issue.

Show us 10 who did.

Vor 6 Minuten, Hundigo sagte:

you cant argue my argumentations with decents facts.

Because you are still unable to provide any replays or videos or whatever. Still, ships being slower than torpedoes is a decent fact that disproves your statement of not being behind any ships while torping.

• Cool 2

[NANY]
Players
237 posts

You shall see it on You Tube Beta Tester ;)

And you may check me, I'm not playing the game for the next week, neither my friends and online gamefriends shall do it ;)

Perhaps you Wiki Team (er),can point us to the right topic about it ;)

EDIT II;

The point is now; you argument because it's on the forum and it brings up an issue not even one mentioned it but almost  all the players experienced it.  And this is the issue; how far can an algoritme go when it send customers and clients away from the game ? 

There's not even one player/user that can defend him/herself against a decision from WoW or the gameowners/-developpers. And that makes it all wrong, like in my example here. You wish and asked proof from me. I don't have to show that to you; that's a case between me and WoW. 

I already told the proof; You Tube is full of examples about the game and there are Always several players purple. Purple in the game screen = equal ; you did something wrong or against the rules in the game. 

You wish to argument anything ? Argument and fight against that instead of blindly repeat : "the game is Always right"

• Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[NANY]
Players
237 posts

I have even several You Tube topics about it ;)

Don't answer here just on the forum for the answer. Make sure other players has something decent about the answers. 

I don't play the game for the next 7 days. As a statement. And I may and make it public also. They banned me for 6 games, for something I couldn't forseen. Well they couldn't forseen it would take such a dramatic turn for them in return. 

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

The point is now; you argument because it's on the forum and it brings up an issue not even one mentioned it but almost  all the players experienced it.

Yeah, all the unattentive players that end up torpedoing allies because they can't be arsed to look around themselves and then come crying to the forum how they're unfairly penalized for other people sailing into their torps and how that's TOTALLY not their fault at all, etc., yadda yadda, oh the humanity.

Please, we get at least one such thread weekly, this time it's yours ... hardly anything new or special.

And this is the issue; how far can an algoritme go when it send customers and clients away from the game ?

Not far enough, evidently.

• Cool 5

[-AP-]
Players
2,852 posts
6,905 battles
10 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

The only Wiki Article I can find that fits you: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning–Kruger_effect

Hide contents

:Smile_trollface:

This fits perfectly :D And honestly no point in trying to argue with him anymore, as the saying goes "Never argue with stupid people, they will bring you down to their level, and beat you with experience"

• Cool 2