Armory Maintenance - 30.11.2021 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Should I stop playing tier X?

Should I forget tier X before I'm more experienced  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Should I forget tier X before I gather some more experience?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't care, but you have nice eyes and a hot body (no homo)

32 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles

Hello guys!

I'm not doing that great in the ultimate tier and after today's atrocious steamrolls in tier X I admit I was a little bit angry.

Spoiler

I was extremely, immensely furious tbh.

But after I cooled down, I tried the thing I always strive to do, looked for the error in myself. So I'm thinking, maybe doing 111 k avg damage with 1,36 kills is just not enough in tier X game? I'm not willing to accept 53% win rate, that's barely pulling my weight, as I see it.
What do you guys think? Should I gather some more experience in lower tiers before I move back up?

Here's the different tier stats for reference:

Spoiler

image.png.25fed6208c2907f6e7399277237d9c71.png

As always, thanks for your time :)

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles

I voted yes, since you are already questioning yourself, which is pointing out that you dont like it.

Play the tier you like most. Last few weeks i feel that playing anything above T8 is a waste of my time. No fun at all. Not that it was necessarily fun to play hightiers before, but i think it got worse.

• Cool 4

Players
7,335 posts
11,668 battles
8 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Here's the different tier stats for reference:

My stats look a lot like yours. The last couple of weeks, I pretty much threw my Winrate on high tiers away. I blame the new shiplines. Picking my old ships dont cut it anymore, they have been powercreeped, thus I cant influence the game enough anymore. Thats why I left the high tiers for now aswell. So yeah, pulling from high tiers at this stage sounds like a good idea.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
6 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I voted yes, since you are already questioning yourself, which is pointing out that you dont like it.

Play the tier you like most. Last few weeks i feel that playing anything above T8 is a waste of my time. No fun at all. Not that it was necessarily fun to play hightiers before, but i think it got worse.

Well yes, obviously I like winning, but on the other hand the tier X is the tier where the rewards are, in case you did not notice (most Go Navy points, legendary upgrades, etc).
Still, thank you for the input.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
11 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

Last few weeks i feel that playing anything above T8 is a waste of my time. No fun at all.

latest?cb=20110628233342

• Cool 3

[BAD-A]
Players
645 posts
9,404 battles

Voted no as it doesn't look like you need more experience!  But yeah, go for what is fun for you.  State of mind is more important to performance than many think (yes skill is important too - don't look at my stats as I'm a newb!).  If I'm having bad games, I'll pootle off into co-op for a bit & try and get used to some different ships or something and then go back into random (maybe!) later - does help.

• Cool 2

Players
12,666 posts
9,841 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Well yes, obviously I like winning, but on the other hand the tier X is the tier where the rewards are, in case you did not notice (most Go Navy points, legendary upgrades, etc).

Gotta ask yourself: Is it worth it? Bottom line is: You play the game to have fun. If you feel that you are pressured into playing something, which you dont like, is it really worth playing?

Ive come to the same conclusion lately. I like WoWs, but i dont like where its going and i dont like how its played on hightiers. Currently im only maintaining the daily challenge and the loyalty for the go navy event. Played 2 battles random today and i was fedup (only T7). First round horrible dispersion with Nelson (didnt hit a broadside BB at 9 km f.e.) second round we had 6 dead ships within 4 minutes of playing and i said to myself: ok enough, i wont do it. Played 3 matches coop to get the loyalty bonus for the day and im done.

I dont like it, that WG is pressuring us to play xx matches every day.

- First login to get daily award.

- Play atleast one battle to receive the container from the go navy event (if you are on the winning side)

- Play atleast 6 battles (if you are lucky) to get both daily mission chains.

- Play as much to be Top 1000/100/10 to get more containers.

- Play Clanbattles to get steel.

Its a steady increase where it feels like " im only 1 battle away from the next achievement/reward" and i dont like stuff like that.

• Cool 5

[DC_DK]
Players
3,168 posts
36,818 battles

Don't care to be honest T-VII is the most fun tier at the moment... Doing most of my games in T-VI-IX and the IX is because I only miss 4 T-X to have all silver ships in port...

• Cool 1

[TTTX]
Players
64 posts
12,587 battles

If u don't have fun playing TX, don't do it. From ur stats I'd say that u are well above average and don't need to go tiers back. My opinion on the matter.

• Cool 1

[TORAZ]
Beta Tester
15,285 posts
22,207 battles

Regardless of your enjoyment of T10, a total of 113 games isn't much of a benchmark to judge whether you're really doing poorly or not. You certainly don't seem to be lacking experience however.

If you're looking to improve, post a replay and ask for help. Maybe you're doing everything right and you're just getting :etc_swear:ed by RNGesus. Who knows? Can't really tell much from those numbers yet, really.

Don't let frustration dissuade you from playing T10. Stop playing T10 when you start thinking it's a chore or that you'd rather do something else. Frustration is part of competition, always has been, always will be, BUT don't force yourself to play.

• Cool 1

Players
1,280 posts
10,331 battles

Based on your stats you're not the guy who "should" stop playing Tier X. 

Having said that, I feel sometimes people forget about the charms of mid-tiers. Play Tier X out of principle because 10 is the biggest number, or something like that. 

I play Tier X a fair amount, but if I really had to pick one tier to play for perpetuity, I'd probably pick something like VII, because the games are a bit more dynamic.

• Cool 4

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

For a second I thought I read "should I stop grinding at T10?" I'd had voted yes. Because based on my own experience the grind to T11 is so extremely frustrating it isn't fun at all. I gave up that grind after 2 years trying. So don't you dare pull the "oooh, you gave up too soon, Ferry!!" card on me. But now I actually managed to read it correctly I'd say: take an example of my determination and keep going!

• Funny 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,168 posts
36,818 battles

I don't grind... Playing the IX for the first win of the day, then back to the mid tiers... eventually I reach T-X... It don't feel like a chore this way

Players
8,474 posts
9,441 battles

Honestly, T8 and T9 end up often enough in T10, that the game meta is nothing you need to learn. If there is something to be learned, it's the ships themselves and how to play them. and for that, you won't get that experience except by playing T10. The stats themselves don't look outright terrible, so I would feel less in the dumps. Though, in the end, naturally, you have to ask yourself, do you want to play T10 or not? It's fine to not like the high tier meta and playing T10, but I don't see too much of a point in trying to go to other tiers to pick up experience. you are already doing great at other tiers.

Players
535 posts

You need stop playing Conqueror and play more with DM, you are good at it and good DM player carry team and bring victory, Conqueror player just burn and score big number but have little impact on game.,..

I would sad that cruiser like DM have most impact on win/lose because you will either close and protect cap for your team to  cap it or you will kill enemy DDs and by that make it easy for your team to win - ofc not at all time bcs ATM nothing is normal on T10  and that's why you have better win rate with Cq than with DM while it would be normal other way, but trust me cruiser is the way to boost your WR and better joy to gameplay - you are good player, I would like to have you every time in my team so you absolutely deserve to play T10 - if only there are more like you at that tier, problem is that players with 20-30-40 av dam took over tier 10 and are dying like flies and you lost game 2-3 min into fight :(    There is no minimum req. for tier and that's biggest problem in this game, but game is F2P so WG is just doing it's best to get as much money as it can in any way necessary - I'am not blaming them, but maybe they should try at least to be fair and give same number of "less skilled" in every team ..

and I forgot - grind Hindi, he is "I can do all" type of ship, I bet you will like it and in the hand of skill player he will bring victory many time just by himself

[TTTX]
[TTTX]
Players
4,608 posts
8,139 battles

frustrating as it may be, for now it's mostly just a matter of low sample size. You just haven't played enough games at T10 to be immune to the occasional uncarriable team of vegetables that we all end up with every so often - two or three fewer of those and your winrate would look as purple as the rest of you.

That said, if you don't feel like playing T10, just take a break from it. Go Navy points arent exactly super valuable anyway (woohoo you might get an extra container with 450 Coal! ... is that really worth your sanity?^^), and the Legendary Modules are a) mostly not all that great anyway and b) not going anywhere so you can just continue grinding them later. Looks like you have quiet a few lines left to grind, why not give some of those a go and refresh yourself with a few days/weeks of mid-tier gameplay?

• Cool 1

[WONLY]
Players
432 posts

as said before, the sample size is too small...based on your stats you should continue TX since you're obviously a good player. If you don't have any fun in high tiers...play whatever you like, having fun is the most important part.

carrying t10 games is much more difficult than in the midtiers... at least as a solo player.

if your carrier is a mouthbreather = most likely a lost game...if you got a triple GKF potato div in your team = same...if enemy team has a triple unicum div = same. if your DDs suicide after 3 min into the game  = same. in mid tiers you might still carry games despite having some idiots in key classes in your team..in high tier the game is just over.

• Cool 4

[KAKE]
Players
2,801 posts
6,795 battles
11 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Last few weeks i feel that playing anything above T8 is a waste of my time. 

Considering how often T8 ships end up in T10 matches anyway, does it really make much of a difference if you play higher tier ships? (Ok, maybe economy wise).

Players
289 posts
2,860 battles

I voted yes, this game can be incredibly frustrating at times (and also sometimes stutters like hell half the time) and its good to have a break.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
11 hours ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

You need stop playing Conqueror and play more with DM, you are good at it and good DM player carry team and bring victory, Conqueror player just burn and score big number but have little impact on game.,..

I haven't played the Conqueror in six months (and I dont plan to come back to it), I only got the DM two days ago and did the 19 games in one go :)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
2,160 posts
6,666 battles
32 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

If it weren't for the fact that so much content is locked at t10, I'd be playing it a lot less.

Exactly my sentiment.

[JRM]
Players
8,921 posts

I seem to be unable to do anything in my USA tier x cruisers last few days, probably oversaturation from Go nawy campaign i ll finish the last 2 sc grind in next few days and then make a brake from it for a while doubling back on unfininished tasks of older campaigns and just playing the daily win (maybee even in coop) couse i feel Like puking when i think of another month of predomminantly USA cruiser Play at t10

Sign in to follow this