You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Will get a free musashi within a week

42 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
3,155 posts
8,096 battles

Currently at 95k coal (without ever having played ranked or clan battles in my life, coal income was waay faster than i expected)

Anyhow, at this rate, ill have myself a musashi in around a week, so i thought i might pop in here and ask for some tips.

1. Ive heard various things about this ship, is it overpowered? Or do some people overhype it?

2. How does it compare to other t9 battleships? 

3. Is it worth the coal?

cheers

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

It's just a worse Yamato (especially now after the turret traverse buff Yamato got, but was the case already before it) which will have the exact same MM in 75 to 90% of the games you play. And in those few times when you are top tier 460mm is so much overkill that you probably are actually worse off than having something like the normal IJN 410s

Personally I got the Musashi just bcuz I could and as a "port decoration". I've played 1 game in it, and got detonated in that same by a CVs drop which Musashi is beyond hopeless at stopping. Don't intend to play her more, at least not in the foreseeable future

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[IRQ]
Players
2,930 posts
7,510 battles

I've not played it (I have Yamato, so why bother?), but it's pretty much a T10 ship they gave some token nerfs to pretend it's a T9 ship.

Players
4,550 posts
5,769 battles
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Currently at 95k coal (without ever having played ranked or clan battles in my life, coal income was waay faster than i expected)

Anyhow, at this rate, ill have myself a musashi in around a week, so i thought i might pop in here and ask for some tips.

1. Ive heard various things about this ship, is it overpowered? Or do some people overhype it?

2. How does it compare to other t9 battleships? 

3. Is it worth the coal?

cheers

If you can, better get Yamato and save your Coal for something else (in example Salem).

• Cool 2

Players
289 posts
2,860 battles
19 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

If you can, better get Yamato and save your Coal for something else (in example Salem).

Apprently thats just a worse des moine, unless they've buffed it.

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles

If I was you I would wait a little to see how the new T-IX premiums are going to be achieved. Jean Bart and Alaska. Personally I have enough coal to purchase the Salem today... But I hold my horses until I see what options I have by waiting a little.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
3,936 posts
18,027 battles

Or just save your coal for any other ship they might add in the future. Don't think it's worth wasting coal on musashi or salem (especially musashi, cause that one is up for grabs with free xp as well ).

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
3,169 posts
36,933 battles

I have Musashi and I'm not particular impressed about it.. Overpowered? No, it has Yamato's guns with less accuracy and armour. To be honest I feel Izumo is better.. But hey I'm not the best player so your mileage might differ.

Beta Tester
939 posts
12,420 battles

It's basically a Yamoto with North Carolina gun dispersion and once in a blue moon you will shoot down a t10 aircraft.

Other than that, it's decent. But OP in t7-8 MM.

Players
4,550 posts
5,769 battles
6 hours ago, BrigadierRosen said:

Apprently thats just a worse des moine, unless they've buffed it.

Who told you that?

Salem have DM guns with a bit less radar range, + super heal, + reduced post battle repair cost (with perma camo its about 45k credits) which makes him a great money maker.

I dont see reason not to buy him, unless someone is afraid to play squishy ship or wanna save Coal for some other ship like Alaska.

• Cool 1

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
7 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

If I was you I would wait a little to see how the new T-IX premiums are going to be achieved. Jean Bart and Alaska. Personally I have enough coal to purchase the Salem today... But I hold my horses until I see what options I have by waiting a little.

I think I'll do the same.

I have Yamato and Des Moines with perma camos so Musashi (nerfed Yamato) which once in a blue moon gets in a T7 heavy game doesn't appeal and Salem a Des with Atlanta 8km 20s radar + a better heal is a bit "so what?" to me, I have far more silver than I will ever use now so its income generating means nothing in my terms. 

Players
8,241 posts
12,348 battles

I'd hold onto your coal until something more unique comes up.

I've got a Yam and DM and feel neither Musashi or Salem offer enough different to blow all that coal on.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
Players
4,795 posts
12,260 battles
13 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

It's just a worse Yamato (especially now after the turret traverse buff Yamato got, but was the case already before it) which will have the exact same MM in 75 to 90% of the games you play. And in those few times when you are top tier 460mm is so much overkill that you probably are actually worse off than having something like the normal IJN 410s

(...)

I feel the need to point out that there is one aspect of what you're saying that isn't as clear. Musashi is t9, meaning two things:

- she's a (worse) Yamato in t9 matches that don't normally have Yamatos. Her guns are an overkill against t7 ships but not necessarily so against, say, other t9s.

- in t10 matches she's a (worse) Yamato that occupies the spot of t9 BB. So you can have more Yamatos than you have t10 BBs! :Smile_teethhappy:

No, but seriously - while in a t10 match, she's not the equivalent of enemy Yamato or Conqueror, she's there to outweigh the impact of enemy Izumo or Lion and her chances of doing that are certainly better than if she were a t10.

• Cool 1

[H-O-E]
Players
367 posts
27,419 battles

Lets say, if u have to be in a tier IX BB, better be in Musashi, it has the HP of Yamato, has the torp protection(he dont have the AA, but even if u had, that wasnt  going to save u, while torp protection can mitigate  55% from torps dmg) and ofc  the guns. U will never fear any TX, and from credit point of view, becose of the dmg u do every mach, is close to a Missouri.

[KG_CZ]
[KG_CZ]
Beta Tester
136 posts
11,761 battles

I got musashi from almost the day she was released, i have yammy as well. To be honest, she is solid t9 ship which do not have issue with MM. Yes you have no AA to protect yourself, but Yammy neither and nowdays nobody spec AA on yammy so i would not consider an issue, if cv wants to kill you, you are done in both ships. Plus is that Musashi has less superstructure due to that and more of that 57 deck which stands better to HE spam. And 50 mm funnel lol :D 

Then guns, yes thy have worse sigma. But 1.8 is still standard battleship dispersion so it is nothing to worry about. You can still do almost same as yammy but with little but more RNG. I have comparable DMG in both ships. And for me she feels like you do not really care about mm at all. Your biggest enemy is CV, and we all know how scarce they are. And even if you run into one, being close to AA support ships is sufficient to survive longer. 

It has yammy hp/armor an weakneses...all in T9 which make her really strong ship in my eyes, even to the point when being top tier may feel underwhelming as everybody has not enough armor to arm your fuses and you get tons of overpens. 

She is no big MO in credit earnign, but earns solid, and i think that with current amount of coal income, you could get her and later salem/ any new premium which they will put into arsenal.

If you like yamato playstyle, go for her. You can still farm free exp/coal for new additions and get them later ;) 

• Cool 1

Players
606 posts

This is helpful - I am also saving up coal with the Mushai in view - I don't currently have any TIX or TX ships, and the IJN BB line is one I want to grind in the medium future... so is the Mushai a good choice (from an Credit earner and captain retraining perspective)? I know, I know... don't jump tiers, especially given my poor track record in the Cleveland. 

Basically, I have no IJN premiums, so I could get the Yubari, but it feels a bit low-tier to quickly grind credits/captain xp. Then again, there is no point being high-tier if I can't play well enough!:Smile_smile:

Players
636 posts
8,871 battles

I like the Musashi very much, it's basically a Yamato with bad AA.

It can hold its own against any TX BBs ... yes the poor AA is a downside but that can be countered if you pair up with a US BB or Cruiser, the huge benefit with the Musashi is the possibility to totally dominate Tier 7 - 9

[ONE2]
Players
3,151 posts
26,891 battles
14 hours ago, thiextar said:

Have it and all I can say for sure is that you will love every game with NO CV in it. The rest are pure agony unless you manage to recruit a friendly AA-Build Seattle and permanently strap it to your side.. :cap_like:

• Funny 1

[JRM]
Players
8,972 posts

Got musa few days after release, didn’t Play it much initially but recently specced it for semi-sec with 19pt yammamoto and its absolutely hilarious fun:cap_book:

Players
289 posts
2,860 battles

i might as well get it since it will be my first premium ship and i could use it as a japanese captain trainer.

Or i might wait for another tier 9 premium. i wonder if the french tier 9 ship will be avalible for coal?

[B0TS]
Players
292 posts
12,831 battles

Who said jean bart and alaska will come out for coal? Any info on this? More likely they will make it for steel. And i bet one day will be a lot of packages on premium shop included steel (ooops, just gave another bright idea to WG how to cash us all more). :cap_money:

[HOO]
Players
2,192 posts
5 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

This is helpful - I am also saving up coal with the Mushai in view - I don't currently have any TIX or TX ships, and the IJN BB line is one I want to grind in the medium future... so is the Mushai a good choice (from an Credit earner and captain retraining perspective)? I know, I know... don't jump tiers, especially given my poor track record in the Cleveland. 

Basically, I have no IJN premiums, so I could get the Yubari, but it feels a bit low-tier to quickly grind credits/captain xp. Then again, there is no point being high-tier if I can't play well enough!:Smile_smile:

I understand your thinking, you're very wise to delay getting Musashi until you've experience with the IJN BB line and higher tier gameplay in general. Most players of T8/9/10 ships have a minimum of 14 points on their skippers and a significant number will have 19 points. Yamato (so Musashi by extension) really doesn't play much like the rest of the IJN BB line as before Izumo they're reasonably mobile and relatively lightly armoured. Yamato can't really re-position quickly, if you make a bad choice it's harder to correct than in something with turret traverse that takes 3 weeks and is massive.

Be aware that the Yubari really isn't worth the coal, she's a bit of a comedy ship, it's very rare to see one played well or have any impact on a game, only has 4 guns in 2 turrets, the single at the front is a secondary.

• Cool 1

Players
6,338 posts
13,102 battles
11 hours ago, Rusty_9 said:

I gotten Missouri kinda the same day I got Colorado and it worked out perfectly for me :Smile_great:

Not having a tier 9 or tier 10 tech tree ship is not a good reason to not get it, go for it! :cap_like:

Musashi is probably going to be THE best captain trainer you can get for IJN battleships and as been mentioned already, it's a good ship. Frankly, it's a beast compared to other tier 9 ships :cap_win:

And to me it's a good money maker as well. I gotten (with +70% credit boost) 1.2m credits with Missouri twice, but yesterday I gotten 1.3m credits with the same credit boosters on Musashi, seems I prefer Musashi playstyle more :cap_cool:

My opinion? Get Musashi and play Musashi! But be prepared to n00b around a lot lol, check out my stats with Missouri to see what I mean :Smile_hiding:

But really, it will help out so much!

Months later I finally gotten to Yamato (god forbid Izumo and the 200k fxp it cost me to skip it partially...) and while Yamato is clearly the better ship of the 2 (It's kinda easy to have 1.5x or even 2x the damage I do in Musashi), Musashi is a tier lower and sees maps you would never see with Yamato. And its excellent as ecxp farmer as well :fish_book:

The only thing that might change things is if the Jean Bart and Alaska may prove to be much superior to Musashi, if Musashi is totally not your playstype (hint: try the Yamato out on the test server, I can highly recommend it, and you get rewards and help out the development of the game as a bonus as well) or if the carrier rework somehow changes balance so significantly that Musashi gets the short end of the stick.

And for what it's worth, you getting Musashi means you don't need to shell out 5000 doubloons for the premium camo as the tier 9 premium camo comes with the Musashi for free. And as a premium ship you can put any captain you like on Musashi (provided it's a IJN captain).

Good luck, captain! :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Players
4,550 posts
5,769 battles
13 hours ago, Negativvv said:

I'd hold onto your coal until something more unique comes up.

I've got a Yam and DM and feel neither Musashi or Salem offer enough different to blow all that coal on.

I dont have DM so I have to think about getting Salem or wait until Alaska or Jean Bart.

12 hours ago, N00Boo7 said:

Lets say, if u have to be in a tier IX BB, better be in Musashi, it has the HP of Yamato, has the torp protection(he dont have the AA, but even if u had, that wasnt  going to save u, while torp protection can mitigate  55% from torps dmg) and ofc  the guns. U will never fear any TX, and from credit point of view, becose of the dmg u do every mach, is close to a Missouri.

Yamato's AA is not so bad when you make it at least bigger range. He can take some planes down. Not on the level of Montana or Republique but can.