Jump to content
Flandre Bug Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SilentKiller_2014

Alsace nerf=pointless

13 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
25 posts
6,088 battles

Why in the name of God did you have to nerf the Alsace?

Now it has the worst sigma of all the tier 9 battleships, the lowest cal and the lowest firing range. WHY WG? I would say more but you don't care anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,957 posts
22,023 battles

Remember, WG will soon introduce the Jean Bart as a T9 fXP ship.

Just as was the case with Izumo and Musashi, the silver ship will be worse than the premium. And even though fXP can be grinded out without paying, a lot of people will spend money to convert XP and grab the better premium ship.

 

I have stopped grinding the line at Richelieu, no point in suffering through Alsasce even if the Republique is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
5,034 posts
9,347 battles

I currently grinded the french BB line, and unlocked the Republique today. I had no problems with the nerfed Alsace. And yes, this ship deserved its nerf.

 

Spoiler

5b70334ad606f_Screenshot_2018-08-12WoWSStatsNumbersEU-principat121-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.ddfa50d2091d4c6a845edd4a6c419f1e.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

While Alsaces nerf can be justified... Jean Bart having the exact same guns with so so much better performance on them is ridiculous to say the least

  • Identical dispersion
  • 32s reload (28.2s with reload mod) vs 26s reload (13s wit the boost, 22.9s with reload mod then 11.4s with boost)
  • 1.6 sigma vs 2.0 sigma (this actually is a pretty noticeable difference - I'd guess some 8-ish % more shells landed on target from the same number fired (note that difference between 1.5 and 2.1 sigma is about 10% more landed))
  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[STARS]
[STARS]
Beta Tester
161 posts
17,505 battles
17 hours ago, principat121 said:

I currently grinded the french BB line, and unlocked the Republique today. I had no problems with the nerfed Alsace. And yes, this ship deserved its nerf.

 

  Reveal hidden contents

5b70334ad606f_Screenshot_2018-08-12WoWSStatsNumbersEU-principat121-Playerinfoandstats.thumb.png.ddfa50d2091d4c6a845edd4a6c419f1e.png

 

What am I looking at? 62 battles? What are you implying? 

 

I really think WG did something really stupid to piss off the playerbase by nerfing the silver ship (which was a joy to play, finally a ship at tier 9 which is fun to play) and bringing in the Bart. 

 

Hello Paypal. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Modder
5,034 posts
9,347 battles
1 hour ago, LeSnoet said:

What am I looking at? 62 battles? What are you implying? 

That I perform way better in this tier9 BB then all my other tier9 BBs. JASAT

 

...oh and look... the same applies to you! Surprise, surprise!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,992 posts
14,089 battles
On 12/8/2018 at 3:02 PM, Aragathor said:

Remember, WG will soon introduce the Jean Bart as a T9 fXP ship.

Just as was the case with Izumo and Musashi, the silver ship will be worse than the premium. And even though fXP can be grinded out without paying, a lot of people will spend money to convert XP and grab the better premium ship.

 

I have stopped grinding the line at Richelieu, no point in suffering through Alsasce even if the Republique is good.

 

Has this been confirmed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,957 posts
22,023 battles
1 hour ago, Taliesn said:

 

Has this been confirmed?

No, but all other T9 premiums are or were fXP ships. I would be very surprised if the Jean Bart was for example a coal only ship and I don't believe she will be available straight up for money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,992 posts
14,089 battles
21 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No, but all other T9 premiums are or were fXP ships. I would be very surprised if the Jean Bart was for example a coal only ship and I don't believe she will be available straight up for money.

When you put it that way :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OM]
Players, Clan Test Coordinator
534 posts
13,586 battles

The ship deserved a nerf and got it... you can still fire the most shells per salvo onto an enemy ship.

 

And the JB will struggle to do same amount of dmg shell and salvo wise. So yeah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,957 posts
22,023 battles
2 hours ago, Lebedjev said:

Black is a T9 premium ship.

You forgot to add "reward" in there. Before the advent of the Arsenal the only way to get Black was to rank out 5 times in ranked battles. So it doesn't really count.

 

PS: Even now a player has to earn Steel through ranked or clan battles to get the ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUB]
Players
588 posts
22,516 battles

Yeah but his point was " all other T9 premiums are or were fXP ships ".

Black was not fxp ship and WG can introduce more reward ship.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×