33 comments in this topic

[TRAV] Egoleter
2,326 posts
7 minutes ago, invicta2012 said:

The clever ones actually want the help. 

The clever ones don't cause situations that will put their teammates in danger.

No amount of warnings send through chat or other excuses will free you from that responsibility.

• Cool 1

562 posts
6,118 battles

The thing about Wows is that the better coordinated teams tend to win. Playing with chat off is a nerf to coordination and a nerf to the team. Not looking at the other ships in your team, and expecting everyone to work around you? Ditto. No-one should be careless with torpedoes and always think twice before they fire, but sometimes other players positioning and awareness is unbelieviably bad... 

[DUXTR] siramra
403 posts
5,390 battles
1 hour ago, hedgehog_s said:

Im playing more co-ops because 1) I want to grind out the modules and not play stock ships in randoms and 2) Whilst I think Im decent enough to be top or close in co-ops I dont want to let "real" teams down with my skill levels. And I dont shoot from the rear of the battle.

Playing stock ships in wows isn't a biggie. It's worse in wot.

And if u are worried about your skill levels in randoms.

I had a team full of these yesterday, all the way down to 32% winratio.

They had tier 8-10 ships. So I wouldn't worry about letting the "real" team down.

And before u comment on your own winratio, u have 47 games in randoms.....these here have alot more.

shot-18.08.12_22.52.03-0887.jpg

[VOC]
164 posts
2,786 battles
20 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Hahaha, keep lying pinkie, almost like you expect us not to know how it works

Torps turn you pink only in the 1st 5.5km they travel, and that's basically point blank allied torping. Even the slowest of torps will have cleared this distance after 1...1.5min

Like you when you are torping your allies again and again?

Torps are always faster than ships, ships can't outrun them. Thus any torp hitting an ally isn't one that he decided to take, it's one that you hit on him

Also cases like this is exactly why we need to go back to the good old "7+ games pink" instead of the current "2 and everything is forgiven", system's too soft for TK-ing morons

Can i ask where did you get/ found this information?

[GURKA] Pikkozoikum
[GURKA]
721 posts
5,742 battles
1 hour ago, DutchDelightsNL said:

Can i ask where did you get/ found this information?

Update: We're reverting the 5km zone for now, and upon 0.7.4 release, this feature will be turned off (basically the value will be set at 25 km). For now. The rest of anti-abuse system seems to be good. This one needs more thought.

- Crysanthos in the comment section for the abuse system

[VOC]
164 posts
2,786 battles
58 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Update: We're reverting the 5km zone for now, and upon 0.7.4 release, this feature will be turned off (basically the value will be set at 25 km). For now. The rest of anti-abuse system seems to be good. This one needs more thought.

- Crysanthos in the comment section for the abuse system

so it is also after 5 km? I thought so!

1,723 posts
2,389 battles

The only thing to get here is to not fire torpedoes when a friendly is either in, or soon to be in, the firing line, period.

If you turned pink then you did something to earn it. If you have a problem with this, by all means go play some other kind of ship, or some other game, because we, the players, quite frankly, do not NEED more incompetent DD players that don't realize that situational awareness is more than just a captain's skill.

In short, learn to play. @hedgehog_s

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[SM0KE] Verblonde
1,213 posts
4,426 battles

@hedgehog_s - sorry, but this is a lesson everyone has to learn: your torps, your responsibility. Under all circumstances.

The only safe bet is to fire torps only when it is physically impossible for their trajectory to intersect with any ally; this means you need to maximise your situational awareness (so spend a lot of time looking at the mini map).

Some basic rules to be safe:

• Never fire torps from the second line i.e. if there is an ally anywhere between you and the target.
  • Never fire torps if it is possible for an ally to get in front of them - even if they do something idiotic, it's still your fault. Don't forget that with engine boost/flags, some ships are *really* fast, and can cover a lot of distance during your torps' run-time.
  • Look at what is beyond your target i.e. if you have caught an enemy in a pincer movement such that, say, you're on one side with a great torp shot into their side, and an ally is the other side, don't fire if the ally can get into range of your torps - say you unload a spread of five, or two spreads in succession, there is a good chance that they won't all hit a reasonable player; that means that at least some of the torps will go past your target and risk hitting allies the other side. The longer the range of your torps, the more you need to think about this (I can think of two ships off the top of my head with 20 km range torps).

We've all blown up allies when learning the game (and it still happens now and again, even after thousands of games, if concentration slips); the key thing is to a) accept that when it happens, it is always your fault, and b) concentrate on learning to avoid such situations whenever possible (even if it means you miss a kill/damage).

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1