33 comments in this topic

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

Im wondering if Im the only one getting fed up with my torps missing then 2 minutes later some blind ally running into them and dying and I get penalised ?? just me or shouldn't your team be awake enough to hear and see the warnings ?? Dont mind justified penalties but for people with no situational awareness OR how about a team chat auto message that says "*** has launched his torps".

• Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Players
386 posts
13,183 battles

A simple fix would be not shooting torps behind allys and unless you sure that they wont run into the torps, dont launch

• Cool 3

Players
4,046 posts
20 minutes ago, hedgehog_s said:

Im wondering if Im the only one getting fed up with my torps missing then 2 minutes later some blind ally running into them and dying and I get penalised ?? just me or shouldn't your team be awake enough to hear and see the warnings ?? Dont mind justified penalties but for people with no situational awareness OR how about a team chat auto message that says "*** has launched his torps".

Don't fire your torps if there is a chance an ally can run into it. Your allies are busy fighting the enemy, they don't expect torps from you.

Don't fire your torps in the driection of your allies either. Even if there is an enemy inbetween. The enemy can always evade and you will endanger your allies with your torps or force them into maneuvers that could make them easy targets for the enemy.

Your torps, your responsibility. You can not deny that or attempt to push it onto others. You were the one lacking situational awareness.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
2 hours ago, hedgehog_s said:

Im wondering if Im the only one getting fed up with my torps missing then 2 minutes later some blind ally running into them and dying and I get penalised ??

Hahaha, keep lying pinkie, almost like you expect us not to know how it works

Torps turn you pink only in the 1st 5.5km they travel, and that's basically point blank allied torping. Even the slowest of torps will have cleared this distance after 1...1.5min

2 hours ago, hedgehog_s said:

but for people with no situational awareness

Like you when you are torping your allies again and again?

Torps are always faster than ships, ships can't outrun them. Thus any torp hitting an ally isn't one that he decided to take, it's one that you hit on him

Also cases like this is exactly why we need to go back to the good old "7+ games pink" instead of the current "2 and everything is forgiven", system's too soft for TK-ing morons

• Cool 1

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles

No you are not "getting it" - lets say im in C cap - I fire at enemy and miss - 4 kms and 10 years later an ally in B cap pokes out from behind rock and blam eats my torps - its only happened twice - but for me I see no reason why an auto message wouldn't help the whole team - and - Ive come from WoT where the game and forums are total poison at present so please dont reply in a sarcastic way - I want, as a new player, sensible constructive help.

• Bad 1

Players
4,046 posts
58 minutes ago, hedgehog_s said:

No you are not "getting it" - lets say im in C cap - I fire at enemy and miss - 4 kms and 10 years later an ally in B cap pokes out from behind rock and blam eats my torps - its only happened twice - but for me I see no reason why an auto message wouldn't help the whole team - and - Ive come from WoT where the game and forums are total poison at present so please dont reply in a sarcastic way - I want, as a new player, sensible constructive help.

We do get it. You fire torps with no sense where your allies are or where they are heading.

The advice we can offer you:

Look at the minimap often, learn to read it properly, and only drop torps when you are absolutly sure that no ally will be able to run into them.

If you do that you are helping yourself to not get pink again. You'll also help your team as it doesn't have to be carefull about you on top of avoiding enemy shells and torps.

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Torps turn you pink only in the 1st 5.5km they travel,

Last I heard that limit was removed, due to player protest.

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
12 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Last I heard that limit was removed, due to player protest.

haven't seen that in any patchnotes, and at least for a few patches after  its introduction it did work like it. So I'd say it's still here (would be a bit hard to test, wouldn't it? :Smile_teethhappy:)

• Funny 1

Players
4,046 posts
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

haven't seen that in any patchnotes, and at least for a few patches after  its introduction it did work like it. So I'd say it's still here (would be a bit hard to test, wouldn't it? :Smile_teethhappy:)

Indeed. I have no intention of firing at my own teammates.

I'll see if I can find the statement in regards to the change.

Players
1,647 posts
7,138 battles
2 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

"Don't shoot torps at where your allies are or may be" is sensible and constructive help.

So basicly the whole map? :cap_haloween:

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
7 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

Indeed. I have no intention of firing at my own teammates.

I'll see if I can find the statement in regards to the change.

Technically I could do that in Co-op with some clan-mate :cap_yes: Will post the results here if I do it :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
4,046 posts
2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I found the statement. It is in the comments of the news article. It's a response to a comment by elastion.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/anti-abuse-system/

Crysantos > MrConway 19.04 17:19

Update: We're reverting the 5km zone for now, and upon 0.7.4 release, this feature will be turned off (basically the value will be set at 25 km). For now. The rest of anti-abuse system seems to be good. This one needs more thought.

Edit: Looks like we posted at the same time. You do not need to test it anymore

• Cool 1

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
4 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I found the statement. It is in the comments of the news article. It's a response to a comment by elastion.

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/anti-abuse-system/

Interesting, especially since I have hit an ally with a long range torpedo (or might have been 2 :Smile_trollface:) without turning pink

Players
4,046 posts
Just now, wilkatis_LV said:

Interesting, especially since I have hit an ally with a long range torpedo (or might have been 2 :Smile_trollface:) without turning pink

I have been hit by allied torps after the change and my ally (division mate) turned pink. But that was a close range drop with him unaware of my position (or so he claims :Smile_sceptic::fish_boom:).

If you have a replay and the system doesn't work as intended then you might want to file a bug report for it. I don't want to see careless captains dropping (second- or thirdline) torps at long range because they know that they'll not be punished for team damage. Or trolls doing it with the actual intent to harm their own team.

• Cool 2

Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles
13 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

If you have a replay and the system doesn't work as intended then you might want to file a bug report for it. I don't want to see careless captains dropping (second- or thirdline) torps at long range because they know that they'll not be punished for team damage. Or trolls doing it with the actual intent to harm their own team.

I always delete old replays when the new patch arrives, so wouldn't have it anymore. Interesting to know tho, had missed that change :cap_like:

[K_R_T]
Alpha Tester
1,058 posts

To OP

All of your ships that have torps have short range torps.

Stop spamming your torps from the rear of the team and your problem is solved.

And try to play more randoms than co-op, u might learn something(friendly advise).

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
37 minutes ago, Egoleter said:

I have been hit by allied torps after the change and my ally (division mate) turned pink. But that was a close range drop with him unaware of my position (or so he claims :Smile_sceptic::fish_boom:).

24 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I always delete old replays when the new patch arrives, so wouldn't have it anymore. Interesting to know tho, had missed that change :cap_like:

I've torped a friendly or two lately without turning pink :Smile_child: . No close ranges.

Players
1,387 posts
22,275 battles
58 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I've torped a friendly or two lately without turning pink :Smile_child: . No close ranges.

There seems to be a damage threshold, probably relative to the firendly ship's healthpool, for triggering the pink status. Last time I turned pink, which was relatively recent, a Worcester decided that it was a good idea to take posession of a sunken red Edinburgh's smoke in spite of my torp salvo going that way and all the horns and chat I put to warn him. He only ate one to the bow (the smoke was to my east and he came north from it), but it was enough. I basically redeemed the penalty by going into operations.

Salute.

Players
7,461 posts
13,049 battles

Never torp, if there is a chance, that an ally could run into it. Always the fault of the torping ship.

Just repeating, what some already said

[UNICS]
Players
4,506 posts
15,942 battles
58 minutes ago, Pikkozoikum said:

Never torp, if there is a chance, that an ally could run into it. Always the fault of the torping ship.

Just repeating, what some already said

..but always torp if it increases the chance of winning. Pink goes away, WR stays forever :Smile_medal:

Players
4,392 posts
12,107 battles

Like you stated OP: Torps will take "years" before reaching the target. That'll give you plenty of time to double check the minimap. Even if there's a hypothetical chance an ally might run into them, don't launch.

[-TPF-]
Players
5,149 posts
21,125 battles

You can, of course, always call out a torp launch in Chat. I find that using the players name and the direction (relative to them) that the torps are coming from does the trick. Second line torping is a valid tactic in ships with long-range torpedoes (hello Duca D'Aosta) but you have to be darn sure about where you're putting them and whether any of your team members are going to get a nasty surprise as a result. Low Tier games are a bit of a close-range knife fight and stuff happens but as you go up the levels the excuses for TK torping tend to fall away!

[BWOLF]
[BWOLF]
Players
235 posts
40,009 battles
14 hours ago, siramra said:

To OP

All of your ships that have torps have short range torps.

Stop spamming your torps from the rear of the team and your problem is solved.

And try to play more randoms than co-op, u might learn something(friendly advise).

Im playing more co-ops because 1) I want to grind out the modules and not play stock ships in randoms and 2) Whilst I think Im decent enough to be top or close in co-ops I dont want to let "real" teams down with my skill levels. And I dont shoot from the rear of the battle.

Players
4,046 posts
1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

You can, of course, always call out a torp launch in Chat. I find that using the players name and the direction (relative to them) that the torps are coming from does the trick.

I'm sorry but that is stupid. Many players pay no attention to the chat at all (thanks to regular rants and short message spammers) or they are to busy to look at it. You can not count on another player to notice the chat, as much as you can't count on them noticing your fishes in the water.

1 hour ago, invicta2012 said:

Second line torping is a valid tactic in ships with long-range torpedoes

No. Just no.

• Cool 1

[-TPF-]
Players
5,149 posts
21,125 battles

If people have chat turned off then that's their lookout. Waspy destroyers (usually Russian ones) that float about doing nothing useful between their team and the enemy can also do one. If I have a ship with 10-12k torps then firing first into a cap or likely enemy route is more useful than letting them sit, smoke and sink. The clever ones actually want the help.