Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Montagne

Should 7.8 even be called an update?

19 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
Players
44 posts
11,168 battles

[These will be my opinions on the game currently]

To clarify what new things will be added in 7.8;

•  Port
  • New Commanders 
  • Few Signals
  • Camos for certain ships
  • Consumable
  • Small UI improvement
  • Stalingrad?

Last week we got barely anything as well. A new event, few special camos if you own certain tier 10, and a circle on a minimap. Like come on WG, I have waited 4 weeks and now another 4 weeks for barley anything that will change the gameplay of the game. I appreciate what is being added but it just doesn't feel like an update, instead a patch.

WG specifically said that they will increase the time of updates from 3 weeks to 4 to get more things into the game (cannot remember what was exactly said). After they said this the following updates had me excited for what was too come. When I saw the last update developer bulletin I was like. " Wow ok so is this it for this update or will they add more information later?"

If the next few updates after  7.8 are huge (such as a rework to cv gameplay) then I will understand why the current updates have so little features.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 7

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

Second PTS is testing a fix for the slow rendering of ships. No promises that it's going to be part of the patch but it's a fundamental issue that's getting attention so if development effort is assigned to fixing bugs like that over cosmetics and fripperies, I'm ok with it.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
1,836 posts
5,303 battles

Didn't the developers state that the usual update roadmap consists of one mayor content update and two to three minor updates?

If so, there is nothing wrong with the current patches. The next one might also bring a certain line of destroyers.

• Cool 4

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles

Not every patch needs to be 50 GB "there are 5 million new ships, 20 campaigns, 7 collections, 99 new maps and 69 new consumables!"

It's perfectly fine to have a smaller patch

• Cool 5

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,168 posts
14,439 battles

What else would you call it? 7.75? What difference does it even make? We're getting new content, leave it to the devs to decide version numbers and such.

• Cool 1

[POP]
Weekend Tester
553 posts

The UI scaling thing alone is huge for enyone with higher than FullHD resolution and the patch also comes with a new collection and a new arsenal section worth of stuffs with a significant event attached to it. I'd call that an update.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,345 posts
11,248 battles

Since new silver ships generally don't make an appearence on PTs, it wouldn't be completely impossible to see Kitakaze and Harugumo making an appearance when the patch hits.

Players
2,160 posts
2 hours ago, _Montagne said:

[These will be my opinions on the game currently]

To clarify what new things will be added in 7.8;

•  Port
  • New Commanders 
  • Few Signals
  • Camos for certain ships
  • Consumable
  • Small UI improvement
  • Stalingrad?

Last week we got barely anything as well. A new event, few special camos if you own certain tier 10, and a circle on a minimap. Like come on WG, I have waited 4 weeks and now another 4 weeks for barley anything that will change the gameplay of the game. I appreciate what is being added but it just doesn't feel like an update, instead a patch.

WG specifically said that they will increase the time of updates from 3 weeks to 4 to get more things into the game (cannot remember what was exactly said). After they said this the following updates had me excited for what was too come. When I saw the last update developer bulletin I was like. " Wow ok so is this it for this update or will they add more information later?"

If the next few updates after  7.8 are huge (such as a rework to cv gameplay) then I will understand why the current updates have so little features.

They're doing some back end optimisations, adding some Commanders, a port and a ship. They haven't said they're doing 4 week cycles to add heaps of content every time, they're doing it to properly test what they DO release.

What do you honestly expect them to do in a patch? Hot and cold running hookers?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles

I'd rather see 2-3 patches in a row of bug fixing and optimization then  "omg a new premium that is totally OP" or "hey a new line of ships, guess what? Your old ships are now powercreeped"

Quality over Quantity. Gameplay and a bugless game over shiny things. But I guess in the current world the shiny things are more important.

• Cool 5

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,900 posts
7,357 battles

Ive been waiting 2 1/2 years for Stalingrad, 1 year after being announced and 3 seasons of CB worth of playtime. Any patch that includes the availability of Stalingrad is worthy enough for me :Smile_medal:

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles

Anything adding or optimising to the game is a update, heck you could change a few textures only..... but still it is a update. :cap_old:

Players
2,160 posts
28 minutes ago, Ubertron_X said:

Which reminds me of...

When will the 2nd IJN DD branch be added again?

Still being tested/balanced I believe.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,345 posts
11,248 battles
On 8/12/2018 at 3:11 AM, Ubertron_X said:

Which reminds me of...

When will the 2nd IJN DD branch be added again?

Nobody knows - and since they won't appear on PT server (since ships generally don't do that) it might even be this patch... or the next one. Or the one after that. I just hope they won't EDIT Kitakaze up the same way they did Akizuki, buffing the guns while nerfing (even more) mobility and concealment until she became a EDIT smoke cruiser instead of a fun destroyer she was...

With the way Akizuki is now and considering the sheer dimensions of Harugumo, Kitakaze is the last hope of this line to actually by fun in the old Akizuki way*...

*It's not impossible for Harugumo to be fun in a different way - on t10 there are currently exactly three ships with better HE DPM: Salem, Des Moines and Worcester. And out of the three only the last one outclasses this "destroyer", the other two have mere 34k advantage (274 to 240) that thaws to less than 10k when you remember that Harugumo's 100mm guns benefit from BFT for a 10% lower reload. And the HE pen that previously limited the use of this firepower now is equivalent to 150mm of other nations - and we all know what happens when you slap IFHE on top of 152mm HE-spewing cruiser guns... Harugumo is just like that. Basically we're talking a fast (although turning like a brick) light cruiser with half the health pool of normal t10 cruisers but no danger of getting citadelled. Plus, of course, concealment that's absolute trash for a DD but god-tier if we just stop pretending Harugumo to be a DD and embrace her cruiser identity. More than a kilometer advantage over Minotaur and Zao, even if CE is less effective.

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism
  • Cool 2

[BONI]
Players
1,133 posts
9,954 battles

They can do whatever schedule they want, but without new content they can expect a drop in activity, including from myself. Burnout is a thing and new content is the antidote. One easy way to make it better for me would be to add more ships for coal on the Arsenal. Give us more ships to farm for that haven't been freebies before.

Players
3,017 posts
7,133 battles
On 12-8-2018 at 12:36 AM, Loran_Battle said:

I'd rather see 2-3 patches in a row of bug fixing and optimization then  "omg a new premium that is totally OP" or "hey a new line of ships, guess what? Your old ships are now powercreeped"

Quality over Quantity. Gameplay and a bugless game over shiny things. But I guess in the current world the shiny things are more important.

I tend to agree with this and similar posts made in this thread.

I do much like the prospect of Alaska and the WW1 German BC (even though I'd much love an entire line or a partial line at least).

There has been a lot of new content, I'm not really understanding why some people seem to like to complain about a lack of it. Heck, even a completely new campaign was added along with other new content.

However, even though I do like some of the new stuff that is added, I would actually prefer a bit more work was done on the core of the game and a little bit less effort was spend into the more volatile events that last only a month or so.

Sign in to follow this