You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SharkMan77

CHAT - BAN: This idiocy should stop sometime soon!

39 comments in this topic

[GBONA]
[GBONA]
Players
42 posts
12,150 battles

Hi fellow captains,

Just a recent example on how to get chat-banned from the enemy team for killing their ships... I'm not ranting, just pointing the absurdity of the system!

2.jpg.c2654ab7d19c53288759eef3ce3884df.jpg

I really don't understand the use of this "feature", when it can be abused by anyone. Isn't the "mute" player function enough? If you don't like what he says, mute him. If you feel that he overstepped even in profanity and written abuse level, report him by a ticket.

The chat-ban system simply denies this person, either justifiably or not, the ability to communicate with his teammates in every following game for at least a day. But in reality it punishes even more the other 11 players playing in his team for the subsequent matches, cause they can't have any input from him. Even worse in Ranked battles, where communication is critical!

That's all from me,

5b6ef960b83ee_Captain_Potato-Copy.png.047fe46f369f6cbce1145c1e8df80b00.png

Safe sailing.

P.S. I know that I most probably had more complaints from previous matches, but that is not the point. And no one can say what a "valid" complaint is! It is all subjective...

P.P.S. I nearly peed myself from laughing when I saw those chat complaints... This player is out of this world!

P.P.P.S. I should be very careful from now on, cause I'm also "registred"...

Start new topic

• Cool 6
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[GBONA]
[GBONA]
Players
42 posts
12,150 battles
1 minute ago, Ubertron_X said:

Black the name, else naming and shaming and such...

I did it. Just imported the wrong file.

Thanks anyway!

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

So you understand you already had reports and that last one was the so called straw on the camels back, and by reading your moans I understand its not the first time it has happened so: why dont you effin get a clue and stop being so edgy.

If your reaction would have been to report the player spouting nonsense instead of being smug, you would not have been banned right?

If it keeps happening to you, get a clue and change the way you interact with people, because the issue is you.

Also on a side note, are you going to stick your ugly profile picture in every thread? Its alreay under your name and blocking it is easy, but every post, please no, just items related to the discussion.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 4

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
940 posts
11,854 battles
2 minutes ago, Juanx said:

So you understand you already had reports and that last one was the so called straw on the camels back, and by reading your moans I understand its not the first time it has happened so: why dont you effin get a clue and stop being so edgy.

If your reaction would have been to report the player spouting nonsense instead of being smug, you would not have been banned right?

If it keeps happening to you, get a clue and change the way you interact with people, because the issue is you.

Also on a side note, are you going to stick your ugly profile picture in every thread? Its alreay under your name and blocking it is easy, but every post, please no, just items related to the discussion.

Tou relaise that Chat Reports stack, so if you just dump all 7 on someone it’s enough to get him banned. You don’t need to be reported in previous games. I’ve got chatbanned plenty of times in the first game after days, where the only thing I weit ein Chat was AB please or similar. People don’t like to be used as Mops to wipe the floor so they report ..

Players
85 posts
210 battles
5 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Tou relaise that Chat Reports stack, so if you just dump all 7 on someone it’s enough to get him banned. You don’t need to be reported in previous games. I’ve got chatbanned plenty of times in the first game after days, where the only thing I weit ein Chat was AB please or similar. People don’t like to be used as Mops to wipe the floor so they report ..

That is incorrect. The system counts only one report from an account. So you can spend all your 11 reports on someone, but the system will count it as one report. It was explained by devs numerous times.

Players
2,160 posts
4 minutes ago, nothero01 said:

That is incorrect. The system counts only one report from an account. So you can spend all your 11 reports on someone, but the system will count it as one report. It was explained by devs numerous times.

That's my understanding too, I even tested it (by agreement with a clanmate, not divisioned) unless something's changed it only counts 1.

Also I've noticed that if a whole division upvotes you so should be +3 Karma it only counts 1, also tested.

I get pretty damn rude in some games when teams potato very hard and I've yet to attract a chat ban. I have been called a cheater many times after dev striking with torps and even though I've lost karma due to the victims annoyance, no ban. I'm either lucky or some people get REALLY rude.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

TheDeletedKid: cheater have not sex with a girl

This made me lol :Smile_teethhappy:

According to some other reports (and does seem to hold true when I think back to my own experience in this regard) it wasn't the "l2p" that got you chatbanned, it's whatever you said before it

Basically something like this:

• You say something in chat
  • Enough people report you for it (looks like it's 3+ at least, never less, possibly more if you haven't been an "offender" for a while)
    • You getting chatbanned is "approved" by the system
  • You say 1 more thing
    • You receive a chatban

System's highly flawed and pretty trash tho, not going to deny that.

Best way to avoid it - don't use chat. Don't feed the trolls, and potatoes won't listen to you either way. Hell, they might do the opposite thing just to spite you.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,037 posts
10,983 battles
2 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

That's my understanding too, I even tested it (by agreement with a clanmate, not divisioned) unless something's changed it only counts 1.

Also I've noticed that if a whole division upvotes you so should be +3 Karma it only counts 1, also tested.

Not sure this is true. I met a division that included two forumites the other day and, as we tend to, I comped them after the game. Got into port to find they had done the same as it told me I had been comped twice. I could be wrong but I assume it was those two who were responsible.

Players
132 posts
17,066 battles

I've just been chat banned and:

1) i didn't speak in chat for the whole match

2) my team won the match

3) enemy CV suicided @ start

Now i'm really interested to know why i can't chat with my clan mates for 24h for a random game chat ban.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

Players
2,160 posts
1 minute ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Not sure this is true. I met a division that included two forumites the other day and, as we tend to, I comped them after the game. Got into port to find they had done the same as it told me I had been comped twice. I could be wrong but I assume it was those two who were responsible.

It seems inconsistent then. The reason I say I tested it is I wound up on the other team from a full division of Clanmates and they all said they'd +1'd me, I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Has happened several times with the same only +1 of 3 showing as I tend to play solo a lot.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,037 posts
10,983 battles
1 minute ago, BeauNidl3 said:

It seems inconsistent then. The reason I say I tested it is I wound up on the other team from a full division of Clanmates and they all said they'd +1'd me, I have no reason to disbelieve them.

Has happened several times with the same only +1 of 3 showing as I tend to play solo a lot.

As I said, don't take it as gospel as I could only presume it was the forumites that comped me - I could be totally mistaken.

Players
4,085 posts
6,241 battles
17 minutes ago, Captain_Bloodless said:

Now i'm really interested to know why i can't chat with my clan mates for 24h for a random game chat ban.

This really is the most stupid part of the system.

16 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

I would tend to confirm. Had occasions where I met a division of three that I knew and got three +3 after the round. Ofc there is always the possibility it came from two other ppl, but since I dont usualy collect that many compliments... :cap_hmm:

22 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Hell, they might do the opposite thing just to spite you.

Im suspecting for quite some while, that there is a strong "OH I SHOW HIM" tendence in this community. Couple of days ago I was in Texas in a 4 CV game, spawning exactly in the middle. So I say "team stay with me if you are looking for AA help" - I was completly alone so fast, it was actually scary.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[GBONA]
[GBONA]
Players
42 posts
12,150 battles
53 minutes ago, Juanx said:

A. I already have "said" that I knew I had reports. Are you a medium or something, to know if it was for name calling or e.g. just asking not to lemming train, or to help the DD on the other side? You already seem to have made your mind on this!

B. I don't moan, I thought it was hilarious... but you seem to be edgy for some reason.

C. So if I hadn't told him to L2P, cause two of them in CLs where cruisin' for an hour broadside and got deleted, I wouldn't have gotten this "player's" chat report.? Are we playing the same game? And is in your world writing L2P,  so offensive, as in to merit a chat report... ROFLMAO!

D. You must know that even if you don't even type something "offensive" in chat, you can get chat reports?

E. Did you even get the whole idea about punishing the other 11 or 6 players in your team, in every game for 24h, even if the chat ban was uncalled for?

F. On a side note, I love my profile picture, If you don't, that's your problem.

Sadly you didn't even seem to get the humorous part of why I did post this... It seems to me that you belong to the Politically Correct Police!

Fare well.

[AAO]
Players
1,806 posts
9,603 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

And that is relevant how?

So, IF he was being an obnoxious troll in chat, he might have acquired a lot of chat reports earlier, ok.

But now he effectively gets chatbanned, because of being reported by two little trolls, who know they can abuse the system. You effectively defend them for abusing that system.

Let that sink in for a minute:

They are too stupid to realize they got killed by whatever reasons, probably their own stupidity, and blame it on "cheating".

They are not too stupid to know how to abuse the chatban system.

This games' population in a nutshell.

• Cool 3

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
940 posts
11,854 battles
2 hours ago, nothero01 said:

Wrong. Chat reports dont show in port, so you have no way to tell if you only get 1 or more. Also they DO stack. Tested myself. Dump 7 reports on someone, he will be silent the rest of the game.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[M_OB]
Players
432 posts
3,940 battles

So a long time ago I used to play world of tanks quite a lot, and then I moved over to world of warships because the community here is a lot better. A while ago I made a thread saying the community in world of warships has now become worse than world of tanks (from what world of tanks was in my memory). Then I played world of tanks........ oh dear oh dear. WoT community is HORRIFIC, and even if world of warships community is getting worse it still has a looong way to go.

• Cool 1

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
619 posts
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Best way to avoid it - don't use chat. Don't feed the trolls, and potatoes won't listen to you either way. Hell, they might do the opposite thing just to spite you.

Then what's the point of a chat? Trolling is half the fun.

Just remove the whole reportsystem.

It's completely useless.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
289 posts
1,150 battles

i got a devestating strike against a DD in B cap on some map that i can't remember in my king george the fifth.

too be honest though i felt bad and wasn't expecting at the same time, but he replied decently enough which genuinely surprised me.

sorry to hear about your chat ban.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
592 posts
14,583 battles

I got chat banned without even writing anything during a battle...

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
7 minutes ago, siramra said:

Just remove the whole reportsystem.

It's completely useless.

Yeah no, its enough you cant mute the ping spammers, Im hardly polite in chat and seldom chat banned, as said, its on you.

[DUXTR]
Alpha Tester
619 posts
3 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Yeah no, its enough you cant mute the ping spammers, Im hardly polite in chat and seldom chat banned, as said, its on you.

I haven't been chatbanned. My point is that this reportsystem is abused, hence, it's useless.

Kill someone...report

Answer someone....report

Answer a div.....multiple reports

Etc etc.....useless.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
3 hours ago, SharkMan77 said:

Hi fellow captains,

Just a recent example on how to get chat-banned from the enemy team for killing their ships... I'm not ranting, just pointing the absurdity of the system!

2.jpg.c2654ab7d19c53288759eef3ce3884df.jpg

I really don't understand the use of this "feature", when it can be abused by anyone. Isn't the "mute" player function enough? If you don't like what he says, mute him. If you feel that he overstepped even in profanity and written abuse level, report him by a ticket.

The chat-ban system simply denies this person, either justifiably or not, the ability to communicate with his teammates in every following game for at least a day. But in reality it punishes even more the other 11 players playing in his team for the subsequent matches, cause they can't have any input from him. Even worse in Ranked battles, where communication is critical!

That's all from me,

5b6ef960b83ee_Captain_Potato-Copy.png.047fe46f369f6cbce1145c1e8df80b00.png

Safe sailing.

P.S. I know that I most probably had more complaints from previous matches, but that is not the point. And no one can say what a "valid" complaint is! It is all subjective...

P.P.S. I nearly peed myself from laughing when I saw those chat complaints... This player is out of this world!

P.P.P.S. I should be very careful from now on, cause I'm also "registred"...

Let me tell you a secret: getting an auto chat-ban is a long-time effort.

I play the game for a long time and let me tell you: I'm no angel in chat. In fact, I apparently managed to put someone down so hard that I once received a manual chat ban (one week of it) "for insults and provocations". I also do a fair amount of killing enemy players, often in the most annoying way - I'm a DD main and boy, had I devstriked some straightline sailors in their Big Boats. And yet... I have NEVER been auto-chatbanned.

For that to happen, you need one of the two, basically:

1. You need to REALLY make people mad so that a good portion of match participants vote to chatban you

or

2. You need to earn the chatban across a couple matches, likely a couple consecutive matches.

HAve you deserved the chatban for what you said in this match? Well, likely not. But I see you saying "l2p" in an exchange that is basically the consequence of someone getting detonated and someone else (division mate of the former, probably?) getting mad. If that's your usual way of dealing with people in game, it seems like you're the kind of player that just goes through the day picking reports here and there. Probably not many at any one moment but enough over time to ultimately trigger the chat-ban at some point.

And as for stupid parts of the system, there are really two:

1. Chat-ban extends to division chat, clan chat and private chat with people on mutual friends list - this really shouldn't be the case

2. Chat-ban DOESN'T block you, or restrict in any way, from pinging the map and sending quick messages, making it possible for a chat-banned person to ruin everyone's experience by just pinging the map THE WHOLE DAMN MATCH and there's nothing the team could do apart from teamkilling the guy: neither getting him chatbanned nor blacklisting him stops you from seeing these damn pings.

With just these two things fixed, the system would be ok.

• Cool 2