You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FishDogFoodShack

SOLVED: Buying Go Navy permacamos makes them unusable if you do not own the ship beforehand

50 comments in this topic

Players
590 posts
4,771 battles

So not only are they imho [edited]ugly, but being the only thing worth getting with tokens I bought the freedom des moines camo yesterday, but did not have the credits to buy the ship yet. I ground it out today and bought her, only to see ...

shot-18_08.11_14_04.51-0429.thumb.jpg.036ff1bb3c870f6afbb829b8bc98b80e.jpgshot-18_08.11_14_05.01-0721.thumb.jpg.efdc873ce561124f03ab4baf8a111191.jpg

Yep. If you buy the permacamos from the Go Navy event without owning the ship already, you cannot use them when you do.

I'm filling a support ticket as I write this, figured it'd be a good thing for the rest of you to know. Save your tokens if you don't have the ships yet until this is sorted out. I can't test with the eagles versions, Worcester or Salem permacamos. fun fact I also bought the Sharks Worcester one but am very far from getting that ship, so I guess I'll be missing out on that one too despite having bought it.

@Tuccy @MrConway

EDIT: The camos appear in your inventory, but cannot be used and do not appear in the list of camouflages available for the ships.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,414 posts
7,865 battles

*edited due to a misunderstanding of OP which cleared up. (Which could never happen to me as I have everything enabled hence I didn't concider that possibility) :Smile_hiding:

[NWP]
Players
4,397 posts
6,249 battles

Does it show it for you in your inventory?

I have Worcester camo just bought (dont have Worcester yet), but it shows atleast in my Inventory.

other than that: Sure pretty stupid bug, but they will fix it :cap_book:

Players
4,085 posts
6,265 battles
7 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Yep. If you buy the permacamos from the Go Navy event without owning the ship already, you do not get them.

wow. wtf? I just bought it like 30 mins ago. Couldnt you have made this thread quicker XD

It shows in my inventory too, but I dont have the ship yet. Thats Worcester - Sharks.

Players
590 posts
4,771 battles

Yeah I just checked my inventory and both my freedom permoflage and sharks permoflage are there, but their availability in the camo menu isn't visible. Forgot to check my inventory, so they are given, just not usable in any way if you don't own the ship beforehand.

I'll edit the op when I can, going out for lunch with wife.

[-HUN-]
Players
829 posts
8,497 battles
9 minutes ago, _ramrus_ said:

Same thing on test server.

Permacamo you buy in arsenal is in inventory, but you cannot mount them.

Well, they said you could HAVE them. They didn't say anything about USEING them :P :Smile_trollface:

Perfect fit:

Spoiler

• Funny 3

[SCRUB]
Players
2,458 posts
7,859 battles

So grinding Salem camo is waste of time... okay... well done WG...

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
3 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

So grinding Salem camo is waste of time... okay... well done WG...

I'm just curious - doesn't Salem go bundled with a similar camo? Why not to choose Moins or Wooster one? :cap_hmm:

[SCRUB]
Players
2,458 posts
7,859 battles
Just now, EdiJo said:

I'm just curious - doesn't Salem go bundled with a similar camo? Why not to choose Moins or Wooster one? :cap_hmm:

I already have permacamos in both of them... and those shark/eagles ones look too "sci-fi" for my taste.... that said Freedom camo is also pretty absurd, but at least it's not sci-fi with animals in them...

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles

Bought the Freedom camo for the DM and I'm only at the Pepsi, it's sitting in my inventory as noted above.

5 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

According to the page in the Arsenal you get the usual additions to a premium ship (slot, camo) and a 3-point commander.

IjyxVbi.jpg

Which is why I decided to get the DM camo. Could have gone with the Worcester but having seen them both in clan battles, I much prefer the DM even if that is yet another cruiser line for me to grind. One day I'll pick up my IJN grind too so that I can use that Yamato camo that was a mission reward a while ago. Maybe. :Smile_unsure:

Players
1,647 posts
6,701 battles

Hmm... Mine is in my inventory but don't know about them Freedom Camos...

hah9icsq.png

But I don't own the "Wuschter" yet...

Maybe it's because you're all sushi...?

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
8 minutes ago, Mandalorianer said:

Maybe it's because you're all sushi...?

giphy.gif

Team Freedom Chicken from the start! :cap_rambo:

Maxed out loyalty last night and I had 195 tokens to spend this morning. 125 on the DM FREEDOM camo, 10 on the Chicken flag and I guess I'll dump the rest into containers in order to get as much coal as possible. If I do eventually grind out the DM, I'm not sure that I'll worry about getting the Salem as I'm not a collector and they appear to be rather similar. Still, the Mushypeas is available for coal so there's always that.

From now on, I'll sign up for TFC and swap to Sushi when the offer comes in ... if they're winning. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
43 minutes ago, Strappster said:

Bought the Freedom camo for the DM and I'm only at the Pepsi, it's sitting in my inventory as noted above.

According to the page in the Arsenal you get the usual additions to a premium ship (slot, camo) and a 3-point commander.

IjyxVbi.jpg

Which is why I decided to get the DM camo. Could have gone with the Worcester but having seen them both in clan battles, I much prefer the DM even if that is yet another cruiser line for me to grind. One day I'll pick up my IJN grind too so that I can use that Yamato camo that was a mission reward a while ago. Maybe. :Smile_unsure:

Hmm, so Salem have 90k credit cost for repair instead of 180k without counting -50% from perma camo? So basically it have repair cost's on the level of Missouri.

btw yes, you wont regret grinding to Yamato to use that blue-grey perma camo you got. I did that few months ago.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,856 posts
6,926 battles
3 minutes ago, Captain_Bloodless said:

Is it best to wait stalingrad release before buying Salem? I read somewhere if you spend coupon on Stalingrad you get another coupon.

That's what WG said, yes. Buy the Stalingrad in the first 2 weeks of 0.7.8 (next patch) and your coupon will be given to you again. So I'd say it's worth it to wait

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
9 minutes ago, Hades_warrior said:

Hmm, so Salem have 90k credit cost for repair instead of 180k without counting -50% from perma camo? So basically it have repair cost's on the level of Missouri.

Oh crumbs, that's a factor I hadn't considered. DM firepower with super-heal and extra earnings is a harder combination to ignore.

7 minutes ago, Captain_Bloodless said:

Is it best to wait stalingrad release before buying Salem? I read somewhere if you spend coupon on Stalingrad you get another coupon.

Anyone know what Stalingrad's price is going to be? I very much doubt I'll have enough coal before the next patch and I'm certain I won't have enough steel but it'd be good to have a target in mind.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,856 posts
6,926 battles
3 minutes ago, Strappster said:

Anyone know what Stalingrad's price is going to be?

28k steel (21k with the discount coupon)

• Cool 1

Players
934 posts
4,242 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

28k steel (21k with the discount coupon)

Bums. Thanks, guess it'll be another one to put on the wish list for later then. :Smile_sad:

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
13 minutes ago, Strappster said:

Oh crumbs, that's a factor I hadn't considered. DM firepower with super-heal and extra earnings is a harder combination to ignore.

Yes indeed. Even for a island-huggers hater like me this is tempting.

Tho I heard Salems heal is not that good as British, but still.. Any additional heal power is better then normal heal.

Im still about 75k Coal far from Salem (discount counted), but i'll get there before summer ends. But some voice in my head tells me to wait until we see Alaska in action.

What are the chances that Alaska will have same special repair party with super heal huh.

• Cool 1

Players
590 posts
4,771 battles
1 hour ago, Hades_warrior said:

:Smile_facepalm:

Lol cut me some slack, I had minutes upon finding this bug to make a post about it, file a support ticket, and get as much info as I could before I had to leave to the bus stop to meet my wife for lunch - something far more important to me than  the nitty gritty :cap_like:

Updated the OP with details. Buying the camos with tokens from the arsenal puts them in the inventory, but if you did not own the ship when you receive them, they are unable to be used when you get the ship afterwards.

2 hours ago, _ramrus_ said:

Same thing on test server.

Permacamo you buy in arsenal is in inventory, but you cannot mount them.

Are you seriously telling me that they knew about this and did nothing about it?

Players
4,085 posts
6,265 battles

Has someone actually bought the Wocester camu for Tokens while having the ship already and was infact able to mount it? Do we have confirmation for that?

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Players
37 posts

Hi. Some cammo's are not visible in the port immediately as you have to select the scheme (like the ARP's ) in the popup list by clicking the cogs in the bottom right corner of the port. I had to do this with the HSF Cammo's. 

Players
2,183 posts
3,836 battles
11 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Lol cut me some slack, I had minutes upon finding this bug to make a post about it, file a support ticket, and get as much info as I could before I had to leave to the bus stop to meet my wife for lunch - something far more important to me than  the nitty gritty :cap_like:

Glad you shared with us that you are married.

4 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Has someone actually bought the Wocester camu for Tokens while having the ship already and was infact able to mount it? Do we have confirmation for that?

Dont know for that but I did saw several Noobsters yesterday in those Sharks camos in game.