You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Major_Damage225

Cross server prime time for clan battles

9 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles

As per title, any more news on how the testing is going? 

Making Clan battles prime time span all days of the week sounds super (in my case at least) 

So i wanted to know if there is any more info on the concepts development. 

It would make clan battles more flexible for more players since some players or smaller clans cant always be all on during "prime time" and opens up posibilities for future cross server battles/modes.

Thnx for any input/info on the subject :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles

Still in testing, if you keep an eye on Wargamings social media accounts, you will know when there are news ^^

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Still in testing, if you keep an eye on Wargamings social media accounts, you will know when there are news ^^

I am keeping a eye out for that, i was kinda hoping some news might have leaked out by "accident" of course, since this concept is a (i think so at least) "big thing" in wows.... cross server battles. :Smile_Default:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles
4 hours ago, Major_Damage225 said:

any more news

The only news I've seen is them mentioning that you'll be able to "choose" which one prime time in that day you like better, so Russians would simply choose between RU & EU instead of extending their CB by a few hours

Overall picture is still exactly the same:

56lYk6I.png

Russia is THE ONLY region to benefit from this

• Bad 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles

@TobiAssho Going to guess you had no idea about this then:

PTs given as they were in 1st season (as they announced this cross-server thing after it), if you want to adjust for 2nd season add 30min before and after, if you want to adjust for 3rd season ad 1h after

On 1/24/2018 at 11:37 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Assuming same primetimes are kept (written in order as they happen from first to last in the same run)

Asia 13:00 - 16:00 CET (20:00 - 23:00 UTC+8)

RU 17:00 - 20:00 CET (19:00 - 22:20 MSK)

EU 19:00 - 22:00 CET

NA  2:00 - 5:00 CET (17:00 PT / 20:00 ET - 20:00 PT / 23:00 ET)

2 points here

• RU and EU overlap for an hour. Does that mean for an hour they would always randomly play together even without intending to do so?
  • @MrConway @Crysantos How exactly does this fix any "missed it because of work" problems? Asia is during work hours, RU is right before EU which people are missing, EU - already have the problem, and then NA - I'm sure they will play in the middle of the night because who needs to sleep anyway?

Lets go one step further and adjust this for all 3 other regions:

Asia 20:00 - 23:00 UTC+8

RU 24:00 - 3:00 UTC+8

EU 2:00 - 5:00 UTC+8

NA  9:00 - 12:00 UTC+8

Asia 15:00 - 18:00 MSK

RU 19:00 - 22:00 MSK

EU 21:00 - 24:00 MSK

NA  4:00 - 7:00 MSK

Asia 4:00 PT - 7:00 PT

RU 8:00 PT - 11:00 PT

EU 10:00 PT - 12:00 PT

NA  17:00 PT / 20:00 ET - 20:00 PT / 23:00 ET

• Asia - goes through the night and morning, noone with work will stay up for it
  • Skip RU, go for NA - going throughout the morning and day - noone with work benefits
  • Step back to RU. Oh would you look at that, effectively they get their prime time extended by 2 hours on the expense of EU (servers close enough so ping wouldn't be an issue). Literally the only server with a real benefit.

So the "not target audience" get it sort-of better in all the regions as long as they can get a team together, while the "target audience" can go screw themselves in all regions except Russia? Great plan, well thought through!

Now let me put this into another way:

Asia school / work

RU work / getting home from work / school (university)

EU CB time

NA  everyone's sleeping

Asia CB time

RU "can continue to play through the night" / sleeping

EU "can continue to play through the night" / sleeping

NA school / work

Asia school / work

RU CB time

EU extra 2 hours for their CB

NA  everyone's sleeping

Asia PT sleeping / ET school / work

RU school / work

EU school / work

NA  CB time

Tell me please how this system benefits anyone who doesn't play on RU?

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
11,738 battles
Vor 49 Minuten, wilkatis_LV sagte:

It benefits exactly those players that don't have normal work/sleep cycles.

Because those have the prime already where they need it. Nightshift workers for example can't play at current prime times and with these changes they too get the chance to play clanwars.

• Cool 1

Players
838 posts
8,515 battles

Even if it only adds a couple more teams to play against (those who like to play outside the 19-23 bracket) and gives some more flexibility for teams to choose when to play, it is a good adition. Why wouldn't we? The only downside could be that you have less teams to play in the previous 19-23hr bracket so waiting times might be longer. But that is less of an issue in my opinion when you have all these unfamiliar teams you can play, adding way more variety and depth to the gameplay meta. 

[AAO]
Tournament Organizer
324 posts
11,348 battles
On 11.8.2018 at 2:44 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

@TobiAssho Going to guess you had no idea about this then:

Sadly you have a very narrow-minded view on this world, but I am glad to help and explain its complexity to you.

Assuming that even the EU as only one time zone is just wrong. There are 3 zones from Athena or Helsinki over Berlin/Paris and London/Lisbon. So for some of them it might be very convenient to start 1, in the winter 2 hours earlier and play on CIS server. Maybe even the current EU time gets move 1h moved back to cover a broader spectrum. So the eastern parts of the EU server will benefit from this change.

Giving NA only 1 slot when having 7 hours difference between Brazil and Hawaii, not mentioning Australia. Giving them the opportunity to switch to EU time (maybe on weekends) or SEA time (when living far west) will be a big deal for them.

Don’t want to paint the same picture for SEA, and Russia which alone has 9 different time zones.

As you can clearly see this helps players a lot who are not fortunate enough to have most of the server sitting in +-1 zone. The players that work at night or are otherwise not able to play during current time will also benefit if finding a proper clan. Maybe this also opens more prime time slots for WG as more potential players are available.

Please open your mind to other needs before making crude assumptions next time.

[SLAPP]
Beta Tester
353 posts
10,055 battles

The current hours suck if you live in the UK, Ireland or Portugal, local start time is 16:00, many don't get home until 18:00+

• Cool 1