You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AronForce

How's the game nowadays?

24 comments in this topic

Players
32 posts
1,490 battles

I left the game just before the UK battleships were released.

What are the changes?

Is the game heading in a positive direction?

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,228 posts
14,455 battles

Depends on what you define as a positive direction and what your perception of the game was prior to quitting.

Generally speaking though the upcoming CV rework (which we still know very little about) can make or break this game.

• Cool 1

Players
4,085 posts
6,258 battles
31 minutes ago, AronForce said:

I left the game just before the UK battleships were released.

Was the smoke-spotting-change before or after the UK battleships? I cant remember. That would be the biggest recent change in gameplay I guess. Oh well, deep water torpedos. There is a line (the pan Asian) which has Torpedos, that cant hit DDs. In return for that, they are fast and super stealthy, so when they are not spotted, you cant dodge them anymore. Besides that, we have more fast HE-Spammers on High-Tier now (that would be the Worcester, new US CL).

Players
152 posts
4,302 battles

Also, a shitload of radar ships per match. This occured after they introduced the second usn cruiser line.
Constant whinning on the forums about the subject and more passive gameplay for the dd captains.

Other than that, its summer. Kids swarm the servers and this in conjuction with the go navy event has eliminated any quality on the matches.
Most games end in 10-12 minutes and are totally one sided.
Be prepared to bleach your eyes after each match and become a drunk, because there is literally no other way to forget the crap you saw from your team while playing.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[-FF-]
Players
765 posts
5,688 battles

On a more positive note, the developpers are adding a ton of new content, new ship lines, new campaign, legendary upgrades to grind at tier 10, new resources, coal and steel that you can accumulate and spend to buy ships and flags, you can play clan battles with your friends...

So the game is really alive, there are more people playing than when you left, and it's a lot of fun to play!

Welcome back!

• Cool 2

[TIPC]
Players
252 posts
10,716 battles

Well if you spam nothing but T10(that is not a DD) the game is fine/same as ever,WG seems like try to get every player to T10 ASAP.

(well if you can work around all the radar you can enjoy your DDs too...)

T9 is fine,more "FreeXP"(or Steel/Coal) prems inc,wich are tend to be too very stronk(Jean Bart,Alaska)

T8 is T10 litle B*tch now you will end up in bottom more than not.

(reasons given by PLAYERS:T10 permcammos more common,you farm stuff like Sharks+Eagles faster,Gimmickmodule hunt,Preparing to CV and the glorified 7vs7 gamemode)

Mid(7-5) tier is about usualy who rolled the more stuff like Nelson,Gulio Cesare,Kami+clones,Belfast,Saipan(vs Ranger) etc.

Dont care about lover stuff realy unless sealclubbing in Isizuchi so that is that.

This is only my opinion.

Dont get me wrong its still fun but for me its less fun.

Not relay a fan of more gimmicks4everyone,T10 or bust,and I dont even remember what silver non T10 ship I even bothered to play last time.(yeah the Kiev,the 2 T10 games was nothing but frustration,thats it)

But the game is taken care off,the developing is constant,the devs put more and more shiny to the game,so if you like it go on,you might find your fun!

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

All above. Though I like to nuance the HE/ radar spam: yes it's very prevalent now. My explanation for that is the recent cruiser split in the US line. With all new/ split lines there is a period of a hype. When the PA (Pan Asian) line came out there was lots of fuss about games being full of DWT's. IMO give it a few weeks to let the hype wear off and it'll balance out. Also a good opportunity to adjust playstyle. After a few matches you know behind which island the HE spammers are lying. Let them rust in peace for the entire match (a red player who doesn't do anything is almost as important for you as a sunk one). Regarding the radar: it's a very nasty and hard habit to kick for DD players to rush into a cap in the first 30 seconds of the match in a vain effort to cap or "die trying." Usually the latter outcome is the result. IMO the greatest whiners about radar/ HE spam are the players who refuse to change with the circumstances.

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
366 posts
10,530 battles

I wouldn't advise you to return now, because of school holiday the game is extremely frustrating to play.

• Cool 1

Players
466 posts
1,702 battles

I joined the game around the same time as you left, and I still find it really fun (more so since I got a grip on the game mechanics :Smile_teethhappy:) though I can't really speak for the high-tier meta. Yes there are some rollover defeats/victories, but I still get mostly enjoyable battles tbh.

The other change I don't think anyone has mentioned yet is the introduction of mirrored MM – so each team gets the same number of each class and tier, at least outside graveyard hours. If you have two T7 DDs, so does the enemy, and so on. It can occasionally mean someone gets dragged into an inappropriately high-tier battle to mirror a fail division, but that's much rarer than the old 2 vs 3 DDs used to be. Altogether I think it's a very positive change.

The introduction of the Arsenal is great too.

Players
55 posts
1,321 battles
8 hours ago, Ouzo11 said:

Most games end in 10-12 minutes and are totally one sided.

More like 1 to 2 minutes and then you select the next ship. :)

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,362 posts
11,276 battles
30 minutes ago, SvR1983 said:

More like 1 to 2 minutes and then you select the next ship. :)

What Ouzo11 said was an exaggeration. What you say is just plain ridiculous. I can assure you that not a single match has ended in 1-2 minutes in this game (unless you count server crashes, these might generate a couple battles like these) and the only realistically possible way to leave the battle so fast is either by, well, just quitting it or by being teamkilled.

[AAO]
Players
1,808 posts
9,622 battles
12 minutes ago, eliastion said:

What Ouzo11 said was an exaggeration. What you say is just plain ridiculous. I can assure you that not a single match has ended in 1-2 minutes in this game (unless you count server crashes, these might generate a couple battles like these) and the only realistically possible way to leave the battle so fast is either by, well, just quitting it or by being teamkilled.

Although games of a few minutes are indeed ridiculous, there's an extreme amount of games that are decided in a few minutes, most common one side losing all of it DDs and all falling back to the middle of nowhere. Such games are tedious af.

[BS4]
Players
881 posts
5,495 battles
50 minutes ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

I wouldn't advise you to return now, because of school holiday the game is extremely frustrating to play.

Rq6tegF.gif

your not wrong there.......:Smile_facepalm:

[BS4]
Players
881 posts
5,495 battles
17 minutes ago, eliastion said:

What Ouzo11 said was an exaggeration.....

From the games I have witnessed this morning ....he's not far wrong actually...

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,362 posts
11,276 battles
5 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Although games of a few minutes are indeed ridiculous, there's an extreme amount of games that are decided in a few minutes, most common one side losing all of it DDs and all falling back to the middle of nowhere. Such games are tedious af.

Even these aren't decided within 1-2 minutes, though.

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the potential for supposedly decided games to be surprisingly turned around ability of some teams to throw a won games through sheer stupidity.

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,808 posts
9,622 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

Even these aren't decided within 1-2 minutes, though.

More like 4 - 5 I guess. Had a moskva game this morning where 6 "teammates" died in under seven minutes. Joy.

2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Also, I wouldn't underestimate the potential for supposedly decided games to be surprisingly turned around ability of some teams to throw a won games through sheer stupidity.

Yup. "We have all the caps, let's all sail towards the red camping blob, preferably one by one". Seeing that is very unhealthy for my keyboard.

• Funny 2

[H_FAN]
Players
2,014 posts
24,165 battles

Ship content increasing, several campaigns of mixed quality but some very good, some free Premium ships (if playing during a certain timeperiod a decent/large amount of games, depending on ship), scenarios some very good for grinding f.e. Hermes.

More variety in Premium shop, even captains for sale and flags.

Arsenal introduced which is positive - have changed to More resorces containers.

I think overall it is decent health and direction even though I am not fond of that ranked/clanwars both are T10 level. Ranked should imo be different tiers different seasons for variety both ships/meta/mapwise.

CV rework important but too early to guess how it will influence future.

I am still very fond of the game after +18000 games.

[BS4]
Players
881 posts
5,495 battles

The Game on the whole I have to say is the better of all the titles run by WG IMO at the moment.....There are so many missions and campaigns to choose from it keeps this game from getting stale because usually there is always something new to try. The constant release of new lines and updated modules keep it fresh and interesting, rewards are now better than they were and in whole this game is Good.....Even though it is somewhat frustrating in regards to the skill/tier thing.

This Game will prob always be my favourite of the WG releases.:cap_like:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
8 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

On a more positive note, the developpers are adding a ton of new content, new ship lines, new campaign, legendary upgrades to grind at tier 10, new resources, coal and steel that you can accumulate and spend to buy ships and flags, you can play clan battles with your friends...

So the game is really alive, there are more people playing than when you left, and it's a lot of fun to play!

Welcome back!

on the negative side, WG is introducing more gimmicks (main battery reload booster), legendary upgrades are everything just not legendary, we have too many extra new resources (coal/steel, go navy tokens, they will introduce 3 more resources for wg anniversary event)