You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tuccy

Supertest FAQ

99 comments in this topic

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles

A useful piece of information, thank you Tuccy.

A question though: if the STs are selected from the general game populace, how do you ensure they can keep the NDA?
Do you ask them if they can keep a secret? Or do you have some more sophisticated methods?

• Funny 2

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,038 posts
10,983 battles
9 minutes ago, Blixies said:

A question though: if the STs are selected from the general game populace, how do you ensure they can keep the NDA?
Do you ask them if they can keep a secret? Or do you have some more sophisticated methods?

Well I, for one, can definitely keep a secret. A classic example happened the other day when my clan leader, a certain cherry2blost, told me he was secretly a woman in disguise and to this day I have never told a soul.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 11

Players
1,558 posts
13,419 battles
2 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I wonder whether this post has anything to do with this, two days ago on flamu's stream... https://clips.twitch.tv/KindStupidDootDogFace

Flamu thinks ST's are in charge of balancing ships. Tells you how much he actually knows about ST's. :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 7

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles
1 minute ago, MortenTardo said:

Flamu thinks ST's are in charge of balancing ships. Tells you how much he actually knows about ST's. :Smile_teethhappy:

whelp... and then you remember the sad fact that a vast portion of the playerbase takes his every word as gospel, and you'll stop laughing right quick...

• Cool 4
  • Funny 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
9 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I wonder whether this post has anything to do with this, two days ago on flamu's stream... https://clips.twitch.tv/KindStupidDootDogFace

Hilarious clip, Flamu tears are the tastiest of tears.

8 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Well I, for one, can definitely keep a secret. A classic example happened the other day when my clan leader, a certain cherry2blost, told me he was secretly a woman in disguise and to this day I have never told a soul.

Well, everybody knows Cherry2Blost is a woman, no secret revealed. (Tell her I said hi).

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,333 battles
11 minutes ago, xxNihilanxx said:

Don't worry, we won't tell @cherry2blost about your lapse!

• Cool 3
  • Funny 5

[ST-EU]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester
393 posts
8,125 battles
27 minutes ago, Blixies said:

We do have the speshul chamber where experiments are carried out. It is shown to all new recruits into the Supertest. Worked so far :Smile_playing:

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
1,804 posts
8,725 battles

@Tuccy I'm still waiting for WG to pay the counseling I had to take after RNCL testing. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ST-EU]
393 posts
8,125 battles
Just now, Lightbaron said:

@Tuccy I'm still waiting for you to pay the counseling I had to take after RNCL testing. :Smile_hiding:

We should also include PADD burnout in the list of damages awaiting counseling.

• Cool 1

Players
4,345 posts
7,746 battles
23 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Still, what was the point of gathering ST feedback about ships if WG flushes it down the toilet to push whatever they (or their marketing/accounting departament) wants anyway?

[TTT]
Players
4,108 posts
7,842 battles
5 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Still, what was the point of gathering ST feedback about ships if WG flushes it down the toilet to push whatever they (or their marketing/accounting departament) wants anyway?

that is something you can ask the balancing team about, not shout mindlessly at the STs...

• Cool 3

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
53 minutes ago, Tuccy said:
  • Basic check on the maps (Are the islands solid? Are there any invisible rocks? :crab:)

Solid islands.... There's an interesting discussion in the Radar thread regarding the solidness of islands :cap_hmm:

• Funny 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
4 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Solid islands.... There's an interesting discussion in the Radar thread regarding the solidness of islands :cap_hmm:

Is it a solid discussion?

• Funny 2

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,426 posts
6,333 battles
11 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Marketing department also does not do game balance (neither do we for that matter - you don't want most of us here anywhere near the code :cap_cool:). However as mentioned, often the feedback is addressed in a different way. Heck, see the Conqueror balance change after release - instead of everyone's first reaction (nerf guns) the adjustment was actually reducing the survivability... Bringing up the desired result far less painfully for everyone around. 

That of course does not mean this is always working - we have plenty of "We told you so!" moments coming from both sides usually.

1 minute ago, loppantorkel said:

There were cases when torpedoes passed through the islands... :cap_fainting:

• Cool 2

[ST-EU]
393 posts
8,125 battles
9 minutes ago, Panocek said:

You're judging without having the benefit of actually being part of the process - still,  I strongly object to my work being compared to whatever you flush down the toilet.

We submit our feedback, WG might agree or might not agree. There isn't a magical fix-all button we might push so that a ship / mechanic / a gameplay process can be suddenly equally pleasing and usable by everyone. So we propose one thing, they might propose another and all of that needs testing and testing and testing. Takes time and resources. And it works eventually.

• Cool 7

[CMP]
Weekend Tester
492 posts
3,965 battles
1 hour ago, Tuccy said:

There were cases when torpedoes passed through the islands... :cap_fainting:

I actually saw that happen recently.

It was saturday night so i didn't take a screenshot or do anything usefull...... But you definately missed a spot :fish_panic:

Great post btw. Thnx for giving us some insight.   

[SM0KE]
Players
2,606 posts
6,459 battles

FWIW the Testers all have my thanks for contributing to what is, after all, a pretty decent game!

• Cool 3

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,716 posts
9,234 battles

How much time is needed  @Tuccy ?

Honestly my new job requires me to test out new programs, so while in the past this would have been just inconvenient to sacrifice time and effort, now it's just good practice.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,027 battles

Good luck to all current and future STs. I will be blaming you for every bad UP & OP ship that comes out from now on. :cap_like:

• Funny 2
  • Bad 1

Players
1,558 posts
13,419 battles
2 hours ago, Ecotech said:

We should also include PADD burnout in the list of damages awaiting counseling.

Must be suffering from PTSD after RN CL's :Smile_teethhappy:

[WCWVE]
Players
818 posts
12,456 battles

I am a complete potato with regards to ship performance and do not seem to be able to improve, however, as at the start of this thread it was stated that WG do not seem to be able to recruit below average players to the supertest program, and I have been playing the game for more than 2 years now, I would not mind donating time to the supertester program

• Funny 1