Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FishDogFoodShack

When even the WoT team is less stingy than ours

13 comments in this topic

Players
588 posts
4,771 battles

I wasn't going to make a topic about it, but the fact that WoT dropped - for a second week in a row - quite generous wargaming anniversary content for free leaves me floored. Especially when compared to what we got.

To run down, we've gotten two honestly pretty good missions at first, followed by utterly abysmal bundles in the shop. Probably unrelated, but we then get a request to buy 85€ worth of doubloons, then this weekend's missions, which are quite honestly, nonexistent plus an uninspired doubloon for signals sale, as if anyone will actually use it.

Stunning. meanwhile in WoT, the game infamous for being the foremost example of greedy, corporate design decisions got:

a mission that can give a total of 180,000 exp on any vehicle running for 3 days

1 day of premium

20 of each prem consumable

and now, the week after:

free camos and emblems

free t2 premium vehicle

and finally the icing on the cake, actually good bundles in the store. 12 (!) low tier premiums for 25€.

I know I'm going to get the self-righteous types foaming at the mouth with, "Herher, you want everything for free!" talk. But come the [edited]on, we want a reason to get excited to play. It is the principle of the thing rather than the rewards that is the purpose of this post. Since when does the WoT team put any other to shame with the design of missions and rewards? it should be embarrassing. Content like camos, signals and exp are not like a physical good. They are virtual and their value is entirely invented. It costs nothing to give them away, there is no loss of profit by making missions that give away loads of fun stuff, and it seems that the WoT team realizes this, while WoWs is making a conceited effort to do the exact opposite.

TL;DR even other more poorly-designed and managed Wargaming titles are more generous than WoWS with WG anniversary content. Pathetic.

• Cool 5

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
672 posts
10,281 battles

WoT and WoWS probably have different anniversary events.....

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
19 minutes ago, Armorin said:

WoT and WoWS probably have different anniversary events.....

Except it's neither WoT, nor WoWS anniversary.
It's the Wargaming anniversary you see?
@FishDogFoodShack has a good point here.

• Cool 3

[FABER]
[FABER]
Players
214 posts
3,797 battles

It is funny that they announced the first double ships anniversary bundles (Mikasa+Tachibana, Graf Spee+Z-39, etc.) saying that there would be new offers the 10th of August...

Well, the news are that the same 4 bundles will be on sale until the 17th of August :cap_old:

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
12 minutes ago, Bics93 said:

It is funny that they announced the first double ships anniversary bundles (Mikasa+Tachibana, Graf Spee+Z-39, etc.) saying that there would be new offers the 10th of August...

Well, the news are that the same 4 bundles will be on sale until the 17th of August :cap_old:

Given they also stated the "free" T61 was going to be given on the 10th, maybe the 10th in hawaii?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Well last week's WoT weekend was epic. I could only farm 80k XP but that's a huge chunk of a T8 Tank...

The 3rd WoWS anniversary looks a bit stingy too.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
3 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Well last week's WoT weekend was epic. I could only farm 80k XP but that's a huge chunk of a T8 Tank...

The 3rd WoWS anniversary looks a bit stingy too.

Where did you find information about WoWS 3rd anniversary mate?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
4 minutes ago, Blixies said:

PTS?

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I'm sure the collection and rewards got posted here. I'm on my phone so can't easily search, it wasn't as impressive as the 2 year collection.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles

Just now, Negativvv said:

I'm sure the collection and rewards got posted here. I'm on my phone so can't easily search, it wasn't as impressive as the 2 year collection.

I saw the collection, but just as last year, that is (hopefully) just a part of the anniversary celebration.

1 minute ago, wilkatis_LV said:

PTS?

That does not contain the whole picture, just the collection, right?

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
2 minutes ago, Blixies said:

I saw the collection, but just as last year, that is (hopefully) just a part of the anniversary celebration.

That does not contain the whole picture, just the collection, right?

I mean there always is a *slight* chance that they will throw in something more, but it pretty much looks like that's going to be all that we get

• Cool 2

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,342 posts
4,206 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I mean there always is a *slight* chance that they will throw in something more, but it pretty much looks like that's going to be all that we get

Like the SC for each tier 10 ship, which wasn't on the PTS last year either you mean? Or the rewards for each 1k games played?

Not exactly sure if we're on the same page.

Sign in to follow this