Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
dragunov54

AFK's and sleeper ... etcetcetc

17 comments in this topic

[HSG44]
Beta Tester
11 posts
23,327 battles

When do you do something abouth afk's and sleepers ( for 4-5 min ) and dont come with your standard answers. The game is useless.. looks like you gave free account to all idiots in the world... 70% hides and is to scarred to fight.. cruisers only run from dd's... germanzzz with nazi names ....can it be worse???

• Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Angry 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles
28 minutes ago, dragunov54 said:

can it be worse???

Do you actually want an answer to that?

• Funny 2

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
52 minutes ago, dragunov54 said:

When do you do something abouth afk's and sleepers

Approximately a few months ago

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
973 posts
1,521 battles

I recently had this problem where my screen would not load, I had a mod pack installed so soon as i removed it clean install my game worked fine after that, those people could have those issues and not work out it is the mods causing problems. But there has been a larger number of afkers i agree.

Had it in World of tanks people just afk.

Players
105 posts
4,058 battles

The recent update did a number on my laptop - no longer loads in as quickly - mate of mine had so many issues loading in late he quit playing.

Plenty of times you see others in game that haven't loaded in at match start.  Happens.

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
1 hour ago, dragunov54 said:

When do you do something abouth afk's and sleepers ( for 4-5 min ) and dont come with your standard answers. The game is useless.. looks like you gave free account to all idiots in the world... 70% hides and is to scarred to fight.. cruisers only run from dd's... germanzzz with nazi names ....can it be worse???

You are mixing different issues. If you had focused on so called "late-loaders" the discussion could be more constructive. 

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Approximately a few months ago

Really? How? I still see total AFK every 2-3 games, and usually 2-3 guys in my team are starting to move more than a minute after the game started. And let's remember, that the game already gives almost a minute before starting the clock. 

This is real continuous problem, especially when the sleepers are DD or CV. 

54 minutes ago, ironhammer500 said:

I recently had this problem where my screen would not load, I had a mod pack installed so soon as i removed it clean install my game worked fine after that, those people could have those issues and not work out it is the mods causing problems. But there has been a larger number of afkers i agree.

Had it in World of tanks people just afk.

Some are afk, because of stupid thinking along the "it's just a game" line. But many have really something wrong with their game installation and/or hardware and/or operating system and/or network - and they do nothing about it, just keep joining games and ruining the fun for other people. WG doesn't care. 

51 minutes ago, MyopicHedgehog said:

The recent update did a number on my laptop - no longer loads in as quickly - mate of mine had so many issues loading in late he quit playing.

Plenty of times you see others in game that haven't loaded in at match start.  Happens.

WoWS isn't written very optimally, although there was much improvement after "repacking" the resources several patches ago. SSD drives got much cheaper, generally hardware progressed a bit, and there is no excuse for people trying to play a heavy network game on a totally malware-loaded toaster connected via dodgy GPRS link during heavy rain. 

This still "happens" way too often :cap_horn:

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
3 hours ago, dragunov54 said:

169 battles in the last week ... you must really hate the useless game :Smile_sceptic:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
2 hours ago, EdiJo said:

I still see total AFK every 2-3 games

Dunno, I see them rarely. And how they deal with them? The pink/orange system is quite efficient

2 hours ago, EdiJo said:

usually 2-3 guys in my team are starting to move more than a minute after the game started.

It's not rare for the game to take extra time to load in / start up, even after the match has "loaded in" (the loading bar disappears). Hell, it's not exactly surprising to see game crashing while loading in. Late loaders can show up as late as 2...3 min into the game.

That has nothing to do with actual "late to show up AFKs" which can easily be differentiated early on by their guns being turned instead of still staying neutral

• Cool 1

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,240 battles

And you believe you are a positive contribution to this community with that attitude?

Toss off. 

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,650 battles

I see a late loader in say every 3rd match or so and its quite annoying if its CV or DD, but total AFK-s from beginning of the fight to the end not so many as before I must say...

Players
845 posts
8,520 battles
2 hours ago, Zimbit said:

Try it. it is possible and too much fun. You should do it directly from behind. 

Tried but girlfriend wasn't pleased. :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 2

[GWDYS]
Players
371 posts
2,941 battles
11 hours ago, dragunov54 said:

can it be worse???

Yeah, we could have idiots coming on forum and whine about stupid stuff

oh wait ...

Players
721 posts
12 hours ago, dragunov54 said:

2fmexs.jpg

• Funny 3