Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
elblancogringo

Legendary upgrades

58 comments in this topic

[-FF-]
Players
765 posts
5,670 battles

Hello captains,

I've been really busy these last 2 months and didn't really have time to play. I came back to wows this week and saw several persons talking about legendary upgrades in various posts of this forum. What are they and more importantly, how can I have access to this?

Cheers

[BS4]
Players
140 posts
6,788 battles

Just two example videos

14 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

more importantly, how can I have access to this?

Have a tier 10 ship and play a battle, you will get a personal assignment that rewards that ships module upon competion, pure grind.

They have an expiration date 31.12, BUT this is just a placeholder, you don't have a time limit to complete 

Des Moines for example (warning: 6x750kb pics)

Spoiler

shot-18_08.09_20_17.53-0461.thumb.jpg.ee0339af79f7bdcc58c7fef3343328e0.jpgshot-18_08.09_20_18.17-0981.thumb.jpg.ff3ec7e1c3e67193e44d5f4249292f7b.jpgshot-18_08.09_20_18.20-0927.thumb.jpg.3b7dbbb2c30103b31c6b116604fe7ceb.jpgshot-18_08.09_20_18.23-0378.thumb.jpg.b62f5fa4ec807430a0ab2267aa4e93fe.jpgshot-18_08.09_20_18.26-0558.thumb.jpg.aa4a8966c0de969757bc480c9a062fc5.jpgshot-18_08.09_20_18.30-0580.thumb.jpg.2fda3912eec4fd97d38406134b607087.jpg

Alpha Tester
1,839 posts
5,321 battles

Just play a game with your tier X ships and they'll show up as "personal assignments" in your mission tab.

They are (or rather, should be) sidegrades that change the playstyle of the ships. However, some are straight up upgrades while others are not worth the installation.

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
5 hours ago, aleksi111 said:

They have an expiration date 31.12, BUT this is just a placeholder, you don't have a time limit to complete 

Can you please give any source of that info? Lazy me didn't see that said officially anywhere. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
11 minutes ago, EdiJo said:

Can you please give any source of that info? Lazy me didn't see that said officially anywhere. 

mrconway said it on forum somewhere. try looking for his posts.

Players
2,160 posts
2 hours ago, EdiJo said:

As @robihr said I saw a Mr Conway post where he said the missions were indefinite, but the mechanics of their quest/task system means they have to have an end date which they can then change, I guess 31/12 is the max they could set the first time.  

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
3 hours ago, BeauNidl3 said:

As @robihr said I saw a Mr Conway post where he said the missions were indefinite, but the mechanics of their quest/task system means they have to have an end date which they can then change, I guess 31/12 is the max they could set the first time.  

I read it as well. It's open ended. I guess the programming can't handle open end so I presume the "deadline" is arbitrary. From what I saw the upgrades are mainly sidegrades. I'm a tad curious to them but not "actively hunting" for them. Lots of them mean giving up concealment. And I'm not sure if the other benefits outweigh less concealment. I mean: what good is it to have f.e. a slightly higher ROF when being shot down by the Death Star being visible to the entire solar system?

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
24 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Could have made it like a campaign-design, those have the option to never end ...

that wouldnt work. you would need to take tasks per ship, and you wouldnt be able to do any other task while those are active. imagine grinding 90% of some ship and wg gives you some time limited campaign...

[AXIS]
Beta Tester
4,074 posts
17,364 battles
13 hours ago, Kartoffelmos said:

However, some are straight up upgrades while others are not worth the installation.

Exactly, maybe 5 of them are really worth the grind.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,380 posts
5,761 battles
37 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Exactly, maybe 5 of them are really worth the grind.

The Moskva upgrade is insanely good!

Appereantly making moskva tanky enough to absorb Yamato shells was not enough for them :)

Don't get me wrong, although I am crap in Moskva! I am happy with all the buffs..

I just need one more, Mino reload and shima torps on Moskva.. thats all.. nothing much..

It's a russian ship after all.. It has to be GLORIOUS!!!

[ONIX]
Players
1,091 posts
9,098 battles
26 minutes ago, Excavatus said:

The Moskva upgrade is insanely good!

Appereantly making moskva tanky enough to absorb Yamato shells was not enough for them :)

Don't get me wrong, although I am crap in Moskva! I am happy with all the buffs..

I just need one more, Mino reload and shima torps on Moskva.. thats all.. nothing much..

It's a russian ship after all.. It has to be GLORIOUS!!!

Some 20,000 base XP left and it'll be mine. It does indeed look glorious, a bit more range and insane accuracy.

5,000 base XP left on the Hindenburg's. You get crappy concealment on that one but I'm hoping the tankiness will offset that.

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,380 posts
5,761 battles
1 hour ago, Taliesn said:

Some 20,000 base XP left and it'll be mine. It does indeed look glorious, a bit more range and insane accuracy.

5,000 base XP left on the Hindenburg's. You get crappy concealment on that one but I'm hoping the tankiness will offset that.

I got the upgrade recently,

only had 2 games in randoms, and around 20 in CB.

but in random games, at the average range of 15km, my accuracy never goes below to %40... (and for me this number was a aboveaverage-good battle before the upgrade)

After the legendary upgrade, moskva shells say.. learn to aim pleb!

We are not leaving each other.. all of us going to the same place :)

All or nothing :)

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

If the date is a placeholder then what happens on the first of Jan 2019?

I really hope it doesn't reset your progress!!!

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,121 battles

Let's revive this a bit ;)

I got Moskva LM and I think it is worth it., but I had only two games with it, so early days.... 

Close to getting the Gearing  LM.  I think it might be viable for CB and possibly Ranked  under conditions that you are in no radar zone and that you are supported. In Randoms, I would not like to loose firepower. Your thoughts?

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,360 posts
11,268 battles
On 8/10/2018 at 12:10 PM, Negativvv said:

If the date is a placeholder then what happens on the first of Jan 2019?

I really hope it doesn't reset your progress!!!

Most likely they'll extend the date long before the current deadline comes.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

Most likely they'll extend the date long before the current deadline comes.

Hope so as I'm nowhere near finishing any of the modules!! I do l only play a few quality games a day max. 

[RONIN]
Beta Tester
2,912 posts
5,800 battles
35 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

Close to getting the Gearing  LM.  I think it might be viable for CB and possibly Ranked  under conditions that you are in no radar zone and that you are supported. In Randoms, I would not like to loose firepower. Your thoughts?

You lose 15% DPM, although that can be ofset by taking the +13% module if not already taken. Means the only things outspotting you are kagero/harekaze/asashio (5.4), yugamo/Cossack (5.5) and equal with shima (5.6).

Which means you can ghost other destroyers allowing your team to blap them, "winning" a cap without even firing/taking damage. If you do get spotted, or choose to engage then you still have decent firepower, albeit less than a non legendary gearing.

I'm about 25k base xp away from unlocking it, it's certainly an option I'm interested in giving a spin to see if I prefer it.

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles
On 14-8-2018 at 5:53 PM, Zen71_sniper said:

Do you use BFT?

I want to try it myself as well. However, with my captain build with CE and RPF I can use either BFT or TAE, not both. I'll use the gun reload module anyway (torp launchers seem to be made of crystal as it is) and thinking about using the Fletcher torps in order to get a decent torp reload.

Players
30 posts
6,774 battles

I use

PM/AR/LS/TAE/BFT/RL/CE

With the torpedo and the legendary upgrade, always with the 10'5 km torps, the long radars ships with those torps are a headache

Not too many games with this upgrade but think its a must be for gearing you can spot the shima a little before unless it seems to me 

I tried some yolos and from time to time works, if you keep the right distance its a beast and the dogfighters still works

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
1,288 posts
18,734 battles

... after a chat with @MortenTardo yesterday he/we/i (his idea) more wonder, given that these upgrades are a reward for dedicating to a ship, why not former progress on the ships had been taken into account for finishing the upgrade mission.

in my case i sit on all t10's, of which several i did play kinda close to what i would imagine as dedication. for sure i'd finished those missions several times already on them if the missions would've been on at the point i got em.

so, what do you think, should former progress should be taken into account and why it didnt happen anyway?

(feel like tagging WG, but may better 1st off have a glimpse on what the forum thinks)

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
819 posts
16,121 battles
2 hours ago, Robber_Baron said:

Do you use BFT?

I want to try it myself as well. However, with my captain build with CE and RPF I can use either BFT or TAE, not both. I'll use the gun reload module anyway (torp launchers seem to be made of crystal as it is) and thinking about using the Fletcher torps in order to get a decent torp reload.

I have two different builds, one for randoms and one for CB. For randoms I go for cap contesting - BFT and for CB you put all on stealth and torping, therefore TAE. 

My clan battles build:

PT, PM

TA, LS, AR

SE

RPF, CE

My randoms build:

PM

AR, LS

SE, BFT

RPF, CE

The question is : will you get enough support in ranked to warrant loss of firepower, by being more useful in spotting? In other words, team play or not? At least, that is how I see it....

[VAR]
Players
602 posts
7,695 battles
21 minutes ago, MrWastee said:

so, what do you think, should former progress should be taken into account and why it didnt happen anyway?

Maybe the thought didn't cross their minds atm or seeing as there prolly is no time-limit on these missions it really doesn't matter ...

I wouldn't mind if former progress was taken into account, that would save me some time seeing as I prolly would have been finished With most of my ships except a few DDs and the CVs

Sign in to follow this