You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Aotearas

Match results delay

45 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
7,715 posts
9,928 battles

I know I'm not the only one having this little issue because I've heard other clanmates complaining about it in TS too, but since it's apparently getting worse I'd want to ask if this is a more common problem or a more isolated case:

The problem is the match result screens (you know, where it says how much XP you got and that sort) simply won't show up after the game as they should. Instead of getting those result screens, I get send straight back to port and then have to wait a good while (just now I have to wait a whole minute) until I get the notifications and can then access the match results.

It's a bit annoying and apparently getting worse. It used to be just a couple seconds, then a couple more seconds but just last match I literally had to wait a minute (yes, I looked at my clock). Obviously I'd rather prefer it if this wouldn't keep on escalating and possibly ending with me having to wait for hours to get the match results in the future.

So yeah, back to the original question: who else has this problem?

• Cool 10

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles

I wonder if it is related to how for me for example it will refuse to go away sometimes, especially on operations with the stars.

And when I click close it also closes the result screen. Maybe some last click at the end of the battle closes the result screen somehow?

So it might be the UI just screwing up. Like I can click on some ship in port or the filter and suddenly I'm converting free xp... I am at a point of thinking to record entire sessions and making a video of all the weird stuff that happens in the port UI.

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
3 minutes ago, Loran_Battle said:

I wonder if it is related to how for me for example it will refuse to go away sometimes, especially on operations with the stars.

And when I click close it also closes the result screen. Maybe some last click at the end of the battle closes the result screen somehow?

So it might be the UI just screwing up. Like I can click on some ship in port or the filter and suddenly I'm converting free xp... I am at a point of thinking to record entire sessions and making a video of all the weird stuff that happens in the port UI.

My personal in-port favorite:

• Playing in a div (lets say CB)
  • Game A - playing some ship (lets say Montana)
  • Game A ends, UI is slow so instead of the ship I initially have the rotating wheel thingy and empty port
  • Click "Ready" with the same ship
    • The ship is correctly locked in
  • UI finally load your ship in, but it's not the ship you had selected
    • For some reason it's almost always Conq
  • Funny 1

[WCWVE]
Players
818 posts
12,459 battles

I have also been getting this and I rarely play in divisions 

I have also had the problem described by wilkatis_LV and ended up fighting a battle with a different ship to the selected ship several times 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

My personal in-port favorite:

• Playing in a div (lets say CB)
  • Game A - playing some ship (lets say Montana)
  • Game A ends, UI is slow so instead of the ship I initially have the rotating wheel thingy and empty port
  • Click "Ready" with the same ship
    • The ship is correctly locked in
  • UI finally load your ship in, but it's not the ship you had selected
    • For some reason it's almost always Conq

Happens all the time. If you click close on the result screen, the button is on top of the ship selection. So your conqueror might be the ship directly below the "close" button in the result screen. Does not matter if you only clicked once. The UI will sometimes register that as having clicked multiple times. Never click ready untill you can actually see the ship model and check it against what is selected. And in division, always look at which ship is actually readied up, at least that is what I do most of the time. Offcourse sometimes I forget.... Luckily for me most of the time the ship below the "close" button is some tier 1 or 2 ship :), so I can't ready that up in higher tier divisions.

Players
3,007 posts
13,146 battles

I thought that the delay in showing the results screen was something that Wargaming had put into the game for my benefit - to give me chance to look away from the screen so that Ii did not have to see how badly I did in the battle.  :Smile_sad:

• Funny 3

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
2 hours ago, Aotearas said:

So yeah, back to the original question: who else has this problem?

*raises hand* Only once so far but it stayed for the entire session.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,442 posts
6,517 battles

I haven't encountered that problem myself, but then again wows is about as optimised as a car is optimised for sailing on water so it's not really suprising, although I did have a really weird experience today. The port lag for some inside job reason decided that I clicked to join the eagles even though I clicked on the sharks, so there's that.

• Funny 1

[-FF-]
Players
760 posts
5,664 battles

I also sometimes (but very relarely) come back to the port without seeing the result screen. However, when it happens, I don't have to wait for the notification, and always can display the result immediately after being back in port.

Players
4,085 posts
6,251 battles
3 minutes ago, domen3 said:

is about as optimised as a car is optimised for sailing on water

You must be talking about this:

[AAO]
Players
1,808 posts
9,611 battles

Having the same problem, became a lot worse since latest patch.

[FATAL]
Beta Tester
571 posts
2,595 battles

Yep, same problem started for me in the last day or two.  No mods at all.

Wondering if it's related to either Ops (since I started playing those a lot recently) of the whole eagles/shark post battle screen that pops up before the regular post battle screen (my hunch is it"s related to this somehow)

Oh, literally just thought of something else - I'm pretty certain, maybe 95% sure, that it started happening after I started using the Game Centre thing... Surely cannot be related to that, can it?

[_ES_]
Players
5 posts
4,017 battles

And I thought it's happening only to me since I moved to Canada and ping is not so small anymore. I hope they resove the issue because it's quite annoying.

Players
804 posts
12,839 battles

It has happened to me too: sometimes you have to wait a few seconds after the screen blurs at the end of the battle for the results, sometimes you're thrown back to port. The delays when accessing the tabs for detailed stats and economy are also quite noticeable. Such effects seem to me like some kind of overload in the section of the server that manages those screens, resulting in occasional connection timeouts to it.

Salute.

[BYOB]
Players
3,391 posts
12,037 battles

It happens to me constantly. Today it has been every CB I play.

Slight delay and then I get kicked to port.

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,501 battles

Had some very occasional delays earlier but with the recent patch, almost daily.

Players
2,160 posts

Also had it, loads of times a few days ago, it's been much better yesterday and today, no idea why it's different, I haven't rebooted, changed mods or done anything odd.

I've played long sessions too so it's not that (as far as I can tell).