Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

How does bonuses stack?

10 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
744 posts
2,912 battles

Okay, so free xp is a fraction after your total xp after modifiers right?

So if im playing say a mogami, and put a 777% free xp flag on it, and gain 2000 base xp, i would gain x amount of free xp.

Now if i play that exact game again in the mogami, and gain 2000 base xp, but this time im running the 777% free xp flag, a 200%xp camo aswell as a 50% xp flag and im also getting the bonus for my daily win.

would i get more free xp from the xp camos, flags and the daily win? Which of these things would stack with the free xp flag?

Please send help, my brain is melting

[PUPSI]
Players
6,578 posts
Vor 4 Minuten, thiextar sagte:

Which of these things would stack with the free xp flag?

everything, since FreeXP is calculated from the total XP earned...

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles

Everything which increases normal XP, stacks with free XP bonuses.

All modifiers to XP are added before both free XP and captain XP is calculated.

[KAKE]
Players
1,035 posts
3,358 battles

The easiest way to get a clear answer is just to look at the detailed report after a battle.

But bonuses stack additively, not multiplicatively. So, if you have a camo that gives 100% extra and a flag that gives 300% extra, you get 400% extra. Regular exp is calculated first (with all bonuses), and then the "base" free exp is calculated from that (5% of the ship exp, according to teh wiki at least). Bonuses to free exp are then added additively on top of that.

Let's say you score 1000 base exp. You have a camo that gives 50% extra and an Equal Speed Charlie London that gives another 50% for a total bonus of 100%. That's 2000 ship exp. From that, you get 5% or 100 "base" free exp.

A Papa Papa flag increases that by 300%, to 400 free exp. Add a 777% flag on top of that, and you get... well, 777 free exp in addition, for a total of 1177 free exp.

Players
466 posts
1,698 battles

This is a good, thorough explanation of how bonuses stack for free XP and captain XP, from the NA forums: https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/146130-so-you-want-to-maximize-your-free-xp-gain/

Altogether more lucid than I could manage on my own :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,646 posts

Base free XP is 5 % of your total XP earned in the battle.

So if you increase your total XP (first victory, camos, signals) you also increase your free XP.

If you add the +777 % free XP signal you'll raise your free XP total from 5 % to 43.85 %. If you add even more free XP boosters (camos, other signals) you can raise that even further.

So in your example of the 2000 XP battle.

• Without a bonus you'd earn 100 free XP.
  • With the Ourubus signal it would be 877 free XP
  • With daily first win (+50 %), camo (+100 %) and signal (+50 %) you'd raise the total XP to 6000 and the free XP to 300.
  • With daily first win, camo and signal and Ourobus you'd recieve 2631 free XP.

The more boni you are able to stack the more you'll recieve.

You can hover your mouse over on the end result screen of the battle (Credits and XP tab) on the free XP value to see how it calculated.

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,345 posts
11,248 battles
3 hours ago, thiextar said:

So if im playing say a mogami, and put a 777% free xp flag on it, and gain 2000 base xp, i would gain x amount of free xp.

Now if i play that exact game again in the mogami, and gain 2000 base xp, but this time im running the 777% free xp flag, a 200%xp camo aswell as a 50% xp flag and im also getting the bonus for my daily win.

would i get more free xp from the xp camos, flags and the daily win? Which of these things would stack with the free xp flag?

The bonuses are applied in order. Bonuses on the same step are added, bonuses from different steps are multiplied (because you take the value resulting from the previous step and apply bonuses to that).

0. Base XP

1. Premium time bonuses

2. First victory of the day bonus, +XP% signals and camos, +Captain XP% signals and camos, other bonuses to XP and captain XP

3. +FreeXP% signals, camos and other bonuses

Basically, if you want to maximize FreeXP, it's a good idea to stack XP bonuses AND freeXP bonuses because +300% (x4) freeXP and +100% (x2) XP give you +700% (x8) freeXP.

Captain XP doesn't work like that, though - +100% (x2) captain XP and +100% (x2) XP will give you only +200% (x3) because XP and captain XP bonuses are calculated at the same step.

Players
803 posts
12,803 battles

Bonuses stack this way:

1. Starting from base XP (BXP), if you have premium account you get a first 50% bonus (0.5 BXP = PXP).
  2. Once you have (BXP+PXP) you apply on it additively the rest of the bonuses from first victory and those from flags and camos that affect normal XP( I'll annotate them as Ʃnxp), which results in a total XP (TXP) of (1+Ʃnxp)·(BXP+PXP).
  3. From TXP you calculate the base free XP, which is 5% of it (0.05 TXP = fXP). Then, in a similar way to the second point, you apply on it additively the bonuses that affect free XP (Ʃfxp), so the total free XP is (1+Ʃfxp)·fXP.
  4. The base captain XP is equal to (BXP+PXP). Captain XP is modified additively by the bonuses to ships (i.e., to normal XP, so Ʃnxp) and those specific to it (Ʃcxp). The formula for total captain XP is thus (1+Ʃnxp+Ʃcxp)·(BXP+PXP).

Example: 2000 base XP, no premium time, first victory (+50% XP), Equal Speed Charlie London (+50% XP), Zulu Hotel (+50% captain XP), Papa Papa (+300% free XP) and Valentine's camo (+100% XP, +100% captain XP).

• Total normal XP is ( 1 + [ 1(Valentine's XP) + 0.5 (ESCL) + 0.5 (first victory) ]) · ( 2000 + 0 (no premium) ) = 3 · 2000 = 6000
  • Total free XP is ( 1 + [3 (PP) ] ) · 6000 · 0.05 = 1200
  • Total captain XP is ( 1 + [ 1(Valentine's XP) + 0.5 (ESCL) + 0.5 (first victory) ] + [ 1 (Valentine's captain XP) + 0.5 (ZH) ] ) · ( 2000 + 0 (no premium) ) = 9000

Salute.

P.S. and N.B.: base free XP is calculated and rounded before the modifiers are applied, then rounded again, which accounts for the discrepancies that may appear between using the aforementioned formula and the actual shown value.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
3,177 posts
8,983 battles

Hi all,

7 hours ago, thiextar said:

You can use this very nice OnLine WoWS XP calc:

https://jscalc.io/calc/CY19ry74eJjxX2K7

Leo "Apollo11"

Sign in to follow this