Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Anthoniusii

Separate Tier 10 from other tiers in battle.

65 comments in this topic

Players
364 posts

The title says it all. Just like WG did with tier 1 that ships in that level play ONLY against same tier ones so tier 10 must have such a separation too.

I explain why..I have 7 tier 8 ships , Battleships and Cruisers. I made a year -in time- experiment. In 100 battles my tier 8 Battleships had 96 battles against ONLY tier 10 ships in a ration of 2 tier 8 ships per team and the rest tier 10.

I wonder ...what is the joy of a tier 8 ship player to play against such battles with OP opponets?

2 battles my tier 8 Battleships had tier 9 opponets in a ratio of 3-4 tier 9 ships per team.

2 battles my tier 8 Battleships were on the top of the team levels.

In Cruisers things got worst. I sold Mogami because i had NEVER a pure tier 8 battle with it.

With the rest 3 of tier 8 cruisers i have 0nly tier 10 battles as well with an exeption that my Cleveland that was tier 6 though before became tier 8!

WG makes EXACTLY the same mistakes like its team in World Of Tanks ...Now competition has also naval battles I would like to see WG taking seriously the surveys it makes time to time.

It has no fun to play in a lost -for you battle- unless you will withdraw and wait your teamates win for you...Is this waht WoWs WG developing team wishes for its game?

EDIT: Battles made in ranked seassons excluded from the count in this experiment.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 5
  • Bad 1

[DAVY]
[DAVY]
1,384 posts
5,761 battles

%96 bottom tier seems a little far fetched mate.

You say you did a YEAR LONG experiment.. which means %96 is even more far fetched..

anything to show the results of this experiment?

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Well, not a whole year but recently with the legendary upgrades, Go Navy event, next ranked and suck WG is really forcing T10 down our throats.

Anyways, in general as you say it's pretty much intended, aparently WG sees T8 and T9 as nothing more than two tiers in the way to T10 and frustrating players to make them grind those two tiers and get to T10 where you have to pay for premium time or permanent camo to play regularly so they make some income, so they're not going to change that.

• Cool 1

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,519 battles

Earlier suggested battletier (XI=T9-10 and XII=T10) system could be the answer to this, without separating the whole tier from others.

• Cool 9

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

i think player base is large enough to implement tier wide +-1 MM system

That's not going to happen either.

[CATS]
Players
15,957 posts
11,194 battles
10 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

The title says it all. Just like WG did with tier 1 that ships in that level play ONLY against same tier ones so tier 10 must have such a separation too.

I explain why..I have 7 tier 8 ships , Battleships and Cruisers. I made a year -in time- experiment. In 100 battles my tier 8 Battleships had 96 battles against ONLY tier 10 ships in a ration of 2 tier 8 ships per team and the rest tier 10.

I wonder ...what is the joy of a tier 8 ship player to play against such battles with OP opponets?

2 battles my tier 8 Battleships had tier 9 opponets in a ratio of 3-4 tier 9 ships per team.

In Cruisers things got worst. I sold Mogami because i had NEVER a pure tier 8 battle with it.

With the rest 3 of tier 8 cruisers i have 0nly tier 10 battles as well with an exeption that my Cleveland that was tier 6 though before became tier 8!

WG makes EXACTLY the same mistakes like its team in World Of Tanks ...Now competition has also naval battles I would like to see WG taking seriously the surveys it makes time to time.

It has no fun to play in a lost -for you battle- unless you will withdraw and wait your teamates win for you...Is this waht WoWs WG developing team wishes for its game?

EDIT: Battles made in ranked seassons excluded from the count in this experiment.

Tier VIII melee ship in Tier X game on OCEAN!!!

27968_701_1533478726.jpg

https://replayswows.com/replay/27968#stats

[DIKI]
Players
1,229 posts
299 battles
1 hour ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

That's not going to happen either.

probably not, because WOT has enormous player base but is still on +-2....but i do not get the logic behind that

1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Tier VIII melee ship in Tier X game on OCEAN!!!

27968_701_1533478726.jpg

https://replayswows.com/replay/27968#stats

good game, but this is not t x game...you have 3 t 10 on which 2 are DDs and you have 6 t 8 ships

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,114 posts
7,848 battles

oh, you crawled out of your hole again? havent seen you in a long time OP... still same (lack of) quality as ever...

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TXG-]
Players
2,431 posts
20 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

In 100 battles my tier 8 Battleships had 96 battles against ONLY tier 10 ships in a ration of 2 tier 8 ships per team and the rest tier 10.

I call made up bullcrap. 

[STARS]
Beta Tester
92 posts
12,502 battles

100 battles in 1 year? I hardly call that a useful statistic. 

However, a tier X-only MM is something worth considering. With the combination of skill-based MM of course! 

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
12 minutes ago, veslingr said:

probably not, because WOT has enormous player base but is still on +-2....but i do not get the logic behind that

The same as why T8 is such a bad tier to play. If you don't have the +2/-2 regardless of tier (except for the first ones, because that prevents sealclubbing so much :cap_old:) there won't be that +2 tier ship that craps on you and you hate seeing so you won't feel forced to advance to tier 10 where they make some profit if you want to play there.

[RO-RN]
Players
374 posts
5,583 battles

matchmaking needs to be -1 +1. but they did not do this in wot that is a 7 years old game. so they wont do it here aswell and in the future we might see wows turning into what wot is now. interesting times are coming!!

[UNICS]
Players
3,213 posts
12,630 battles
36 minutes ago, Anthoniusii said:

Only tier 10 battles with the tier 8 cruisers as well... you sure are unlucky... :Smile_sceptic:

[DIKI]
Players
1,229 posts
299 battles
2 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

The same as why T8 is such a bad tier to play. If you don't have the +2/-2 regardless of tier (except for the first ones, because that prevents sealclubbing so much :cap_old:) there won't be that +2 tier ship that craps on you and you hate seeing so you won't feel forced to advance to tier 10 where they make some profit if you want to play there.

but on other hand, they highest selling premium ships are t 8 so they have incentive to make them attractive, no premium t8 (escept dd) has fair fight against t 10 ships, especially with big jump in strength of ships from 8 - 10.

in this game, money is not a big problem. If you are average player you will not loose money on t10 games without premium.....this is not WOT where money was big problem.

so i dont get them why they frustrate players, and it is frustration to play lets say BBs with crapy 8 guns ws Montana :)

so from economic and "fun" component their sticking to +-2 in wows is no justified by "lets make them buy premium time for lack of money"

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles

Well as a mainly T10 player I have nothing against it - maybe he is right, maybe T10 should be a niche in this game and by that should be in separate q. also by that it should be in 8 vs 8 so we would have same MM time ....

most T10 ships are at least 30% stronger  than T9 ships so by that T8 can play vs T9 but vs T10 is just overkill - you can play but you need great skill, the one thing that 80% of T8 premium ship owners don't have and will play vs T10 with 20k av dam for like 1000/2000 battles and drag your team down ..

• Funny 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

but on other hand, they highest selling premium ships are t 8 so they have incentive to make them attractive, no premium t8 (escept dd) has fair fight against t 10 ships, especially with big jump in strength of ships from 8 - 10.

in this game, money is not a big problem. If you are average player you will not loose money on t10 games without premium.....this is not WOT where money was big problem.

so i dont get them why they frustrate players, and it is frustration to play lets say BBs with crapy 8 guns ws Montana :)

so from economic and "fun" component their sticking to +-2 in wows is no justified by "lets make them buy premium time for lack of money"

True, but people keeps buying them T8 premiums, so while that keeps happening it's fine by them. And sure, you can play tier 10 for free if you're good enough, but that's asking a bit to much for a mayority of the playerbase and they know that and if that they force people to T10 more people than not will end up buying premium time or permanent camos for T10s regardless.

I don't play WOT but as I've seen people say it's exactly like there even if it seems that here the economy is less punishing regardless. WG has designed such a huge difference between ships 2 tiers apart and the +2/-2 MM to manage to draw most people to T10 where most need "economy buffs" for which they get more money. And sadly there's all that there is to it for them, so if they keep it like that it's ideal for them while people stand it. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,238 posts
7,444 battles
37 minutes ago, Paimentaja said:

Earlier suggested battletier (XI=T9-10 and XII=T10) system could be the answer to this, without separating the whole tier from others.

Im very VERY sure that already exist, At the very least battletier 11 exists, since Ive had several games with no tier 8s in a tier 10 game over the past months. It is just really rare. Seems the MM prefers battletier 10 over 11 (or 12? If that is implemented).

What we thus can talk about is why WG refuses to make battletier 11 prefered over battletier 10. It happens too often that only 1 or 2 tier 8 ships are pulled into a near full tier 10 game.

edit: btw, I don't play tier 8 ships anymore, nor all of my tier 8 premiums. I might once a week play a tier 8 game with the Hsienyang, which is the only tier 8 ship I need to grind out. I am lucky I am past all the other tier 8s so far (untill the next line, which I might just not do because of it). Why? Well, I don't have recent stats, since I never really play tier 8 anymore, but months back I did keep track, and I was in tier 10 games with my tier 8 ships a nice 63% of the time...)

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,519 battles
1 hour ago, Loran_Battle said:

Im very VERY sure that already exist, At the very least battletier 11 exists, since Ive had several games with no tier 8s in a tier 10 game over the past months. It is just really rare. Seems the MM prefers battletier 10 over 11 (or 12? If that is implemented).

What we thus can talk about is why WG refuses to make battletier 11 prefered over battletier 10. It happens too often that only 1 or 2 tier 8 ships are pulled into a near full tier 10 game.

Agreed.

I guess it exists in some form. But as mentioned, it is very rare. I've read some topics about it and ppl seem to agree that the tendency towards battletier X(T8-10), XI (T9-10) and XII (T10) should or could be 1/3 for each to reduce the amount of games where there is only one or two of the bottom tier ships (=T8).

[CATS]
Players
15,957 posts
11,194 battles
59 minutes ago, veslingr said:

good game, but this is not t x game...you have 3 t 10 on which 2 are DDs and you have 6 t 8 ships

Tier X is Tier X. And if you count again it is 4 Tier X on each side.

[BAD-A]
[BAD-A]
Beta Tester
1,041 posts
10,983 battles
23 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

True, but people keeps buying them T8 premiums, so while that keeps happening it's fine by them.

While this is undoubtedly true it does not take into consideration how many more people are not buying T8 premiums because of the constant T10 games.

I have a number of T8 premiums but if you look to see you will find they are only the ones that care little for uptiering (Atago, Kutuzov and Lo Yang being the ones that spring to mind). I would also have bought a Tirpitz, Alabama, Eugen, Roma, Kii and Gascogne were it not for the fact that that is a lot of money to spend to be permanent fodder for higher tier ships. I have spoken to others in my clan and they are the same - I even managed to dissuade one of our members from buying the Roma by mentioning that it would just be constantly uptiered.

I know that the overall stats for T8 matchmaking, as issued by WG, show that the scale of the problem is not so large but these figures do not take time of day into consideration. At the times that I play, usually 10pm to 3 or 4am getting into a non-T10 game in a T8 ship is practically impossible. It isn't that I am not able to do well in a T10 game with a T8 ship but the constant uptiering ceases to be enjoyable very quickly. I don't mind paying WG to have fun but I won't pay them to be constantly frustrated.

• Cool 2

[1DSF]
Beta Tester
1,469 posts
4,545 battles

Another big thread about MM was just closed because there is a MM pinned thread:

To avoid the same i would suggest to post your thoughts there!

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,458 posts
7,854 battles
1 hour ago, Anthoniusii said:

This study disagrees with your 96% theory....

• Cool 1

Players
588 posts
4,771 battles

The other day I met a Bismarck and Richelieu div who, upon seeing they were in a t10 game, decided that it perfectly reasonable for them to sit in the back behind "that one island" in the top right corner of two brothers for the entire game. because they were t8.

These are the kind of people that piss and moan about t8 mm. I never had a problem playing in my t8 ships when uptiered. It happens, so deal with it.

Sign in to follow this