Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
philjd

Has team damage gone down since the recent change?

12 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

Just curious about whether actual team damage has gone down since the last major change in how it was 'reflected' in game.

My impression, so not scientific by any means, is that it has gone down considerably - 'pink' ships have become rare(r) and I cannot remember the last time I saw reflected damage. So has the change been beneficial to how the game as a whole plays out. I think yes, so well done WG.

Do you guys agree/disagree?

Beta Tester
4,461 posts
9,768 battles

Not sure about the amount of team damage, but subjectively I would agree.

The amount of people whining "not my fault" and blaming others for their own blindness has increased though  :Smile_child:

[JRM]
Players
1,294 posts
14,624 battles

Idk i guess u re right, as far as i can tell, then again i Play mostly t8+ nowdays so i guess those that make it there should at least have some grasp of where their torps and shells will land (i know i know its not a given by any means) so maybee the “dataset” is skewed

Players
4,085 posts
6,225 battles
3 hours ago, philjd said:

Meh, I turned pink cuz a T2-Bot took one of my torps for like 2,5k dmg. Cant tell about reflecting dmg tho.

Beta Tester
1,993 posts
2,737 battles

Hardly. If anything it has gone up. As has the number of AFK players.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

No fires or flooding from TK damage so that might be where it feels like less...

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles

Given the amount of pink I see in coop, not at all?

Perhaps damage numbers have gone down, but that is due to the new mechanics, nothing to do with players.

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,230 battles

To be honest, I have noticed no change whatsoever. All they have to do is just be careful until the next day before ruining someone else's game. 

Had a Battlesheep unload at my full health Grozovoi while I was holding the front line, leaving me on 4000, couldn't figure out the reason, he said nothing, he just did that. And all he gets is a TK status for 2 games. 

And something similar happens from time to time, just as it did in the past before the adjustment. 

Players
3,015 posts
7,133 battles
14 hours ago, philjd said:

Just curious about whether actual team damage has gone down since the last major change in how it was 'reflected' in game.

My impression, so not scientific by any means, is that it has gone down considerably - 'pink' ships have become rare(r) and I cannot remember the last time I saw reflected damage. So has the change been beneficial to how the game as a whole plays out. I think yes, so well done WG.

I think it has.

I got torped in a low tier DD a couple days ago by my divmate in a Kuma I think?

I took at least 2 torps and survived and was kinda surprised I had more then half my health left I think? It kinda distracted me from the game for a couple seconds lol. I did already know about no more flooding/fire damage from teammates but it seems that impact damage has also decreased.

I have not noticed a decrease in the number of pink ships though.

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I can't exactly remember the patch notes from the relevant patch. As far as I remember the TK penalty system is refined. So that 1 rare, dumb but furthermore unintentional mistake (like not seeing you're in second line with a panic spread or a drive by shooting) won't be punished that severely. It'll get you 2 pink matches. Though not perfect I can finally agree with the system. Does anyone have an idea how long the "cool down" is before your slate is wiped clean?

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles

well as far as i know reflective damage kicks in way faster so there is way less chance to do team damage.

unless the teamkiller counts himself as  a team member.

[PMI]
Players
2,555 posts
6,008 battles
10 minutes ago, lameoll said:

well as far as i know reflective damage kicks in way faster so there is way less chance to do team damage.

unless the teamkiller counts himself as  a team member.

Well it technically does, and then gets a -1 when "suiciding".

Sign in to follow this