You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
AnnaSergeeva

Abusive or insulting players

16 comments in this topic

[SEAW]
Players
1 post
13,741 battles

What is being done to Players who are repeatedly insulting others when they are being sunk? 

Who use abusive language?

Who are still doing it even when tagged as teamkiller…..

This is bordering on a judicial case even if it is just playing a Computer game.....

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles

Step 1: Hold TAB

Step 2: Right-click the player in question

Step 3: Select "Report"

Step 4: Select "Misbehavior in chat"

Step 4.5: If you want add the player to your Blacklist - you;ll no longer see messages written by him

Step 5: Grow a thicker skin and stop whining

• Cool 7
  • Funny 2

[FDUSH]
Players
1,194 posts
6,749 battles

Think about how miserable must be their lifes if they do that. No happy person would do such thing.

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Players
149 posts
2,261 battles

Just ignore them. If you don't retaliate they've achieved nothing more than making a fool of themselves.

[ARYA]
Players
440 posts
9,129 battles
3 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Sometimes this one is impossible

[DAVY]
Players
330 posts
8,491 battles
5 hours ago, Sbitnaya said:

What is being done to Players who are repeatedly insulting others when they are being sunk? 

Who use abusive language?

Who are still doing it even when tagged as teamkiller…..

Players who are repeatedly reported for misbehaviour in chat receive a remporary chat ban.

Sometimes a bit of empathy is helpful, though. I know some players who insult others when the others mess up. It is hard to watch and frankly, sometimes the only conclusion for messing up a situation is that a player must have spitched his brain to stand-by mode or had it surgically removed. I am not defending the fact that people get personal over this, but if you are insulted because you made a mistake, don't reduce this situation to the insult but also ask yourself, if you could have done better.

Another thing is people who play bad and go into a disadvantageous fight, mess it up and insult the team for not having gone with him. If you see these players, don't try to argue with them, they don't see it. Lots of insulting players have gone to another place unreachable for the reasoning mind. We don't go to Ravenholm.

[UNICS]
Players
1,244 posts
15,470 battles

occasionally they do ban when its really bad stuff , but the actual insults i find on here are hilarious

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
14 posts
11,757 battles

Really nobody needs to pay attention on them. Let them do what they do and continue what are you doing.....

[BFS]
Players
17 posts
8,654 battles

hi 

im sorry to trouble you but im having problems relating to a chat ban .Ive sent 3 tickets in and still will not get a truth full answer .I received a chat ban for 24 hours with regards to me saying to our cv player what the hell is our cv player doing ,she was in a division of 3 needless to say i got the said ban ,after the ban i sent the lady a private message saying i will return the favour if they see her  random  in battle  .I then got a 7 day ban ?.I after reading the small print in contract it is wows that has broken the agree meant not me ,ive read up on the ban system and why if so called banning system is fair was i not given the 3 day ban ,since i have written tickets all i have received is messages saying all further tickets will be marked as resolved as they cant give me answers ,i asked to speak to a some one higher up and i got told the same its resolved .I also kept screen shots of the messages i received back from this player and reported the clan name .The last reply i had from wows was if i continue i will get a harsh ban ? ,seeing as wows has already skipped the rules they made im seeking legal advice .I find this ruling system unfair and against consumer rights .

kind regards 

• Funny 1

Players
1,834 posts
10,289 battles
1 hour ago, elfboy_iron said:

hi 

im sorry to trouble you but im having problems relating to a chat ban .Ive sent 3 tickets in and still will not get a truth full answer .I received a chat ban for 24 hours with regards to me saying to our cv player what the hell is our cv player doing ,she was in a division of 3 needless to say i got the said ban ,after the ban i sent the lady a private message saying i will return the favour if they see her  random  in battle  .I then got a 7 day ban ?.I after reading the small print in contract it is wows that has broken the agree meant not me ,ive read up on the ban system and why if so called banning system is fair was i not given the 3 day ban ,since i have written tickets all i have received is messages saying all further tickets will be marked as resolved as they cant give me answers ,i asked to speak to a some one higher up and i got told the same its resolved .I also kept screen shots of the messages i received back from this player and reported the clan name .The last reply i had from wows was if i continue i will get a harsh ban ? ,seeing as wows has already skipped the rules they made im seeking legal advice .I find this ruling system unfair and against consumer rights .

kind regards 

Who knows what you said? For all we know you could have been using vulgarities to insult her etc etc and WG deemed that offensive enough to give you a 7 day ban. Plus a whole division reporting you does not usually give you an immediate ban. Its accumulative, meaning quite a number of people must have reported you and the division's reports were the final tip on the scale.

[BFS]
Players
17 posts
8,654 battles

vulgarities lol all i said is i will ask my clan to return the favour and report her in game its far to easy in division of 3 

[BFS]
Players
17 posts
8,654 battles

but as ive said wows skipped the banning rule and now warn me that all further tickets will be marked as  resolved ,that is why im seeking legal advise it happens to many times to people in game and the snow flakes in the office think they are god 

Players
3,027 posts
7,137 battles
8 hours ago, prozon668 said:

Karma is useless. Tears is priceless.

Actually, no. It's not amusing at all, it's just a nuisance.. Just polluting of the chat.

On 8-8-2018 at 1:59 PM, wilkatis_LV said:

Step 1: Hold TAB

Step 2: Right-click the player in question

Step 3: Select "Report"

Step 4: Select "Misbehavior in chat"

Step 4.5: If you want add the player to your Blacklist - you;ll no longer see messages written by him

I think you also need to set that player to not receive messages while in the battle, otherwise it will only work for outside of battle.

Players
1,834 posts
10,289 battles
On 9/17/2018 at 12:59 AM, elfboy_iron said:

vulgarities lol all i said is i will ask my clan to return the favour and report her in game its far to easy in division of 3 

I meant in battle. If you had sworn at/insult/abusive towards the other player then you rightful deserve the reports for your behavior, which leads on to my other point of this:

On 9/16/2018 at 12:23 PM, pra3y said:

Plus a whole division reporting you does not usually give you an immediate ban. Its accumulative, meaning quite a number of people must have reported you and the division's reports were the final tip on the scale.

Multiple reports from the same person count as only 1 report if I'm not mistaken, so a division reporting you would only mean 3 reports. That would then mean that your behavior in game is bad enough that numerous people in the numerous games reported you for misbehavior in chat which finally resulted in your chatban when the division reported you.

WG isn't really wrong when they gave you that 7 day ban. You can only blame yourself when you then decided to harass the other player (yes, harass) by threatening to report her in future battles (and again who knows what you said to her exactly. Even the threat of report/"returning the favor" is bad enough already).  See below:

http://legal.eu.wargaming.net/en/eula/ read with https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/announcement/17-world-of-warships-game-rules/

So this the EULA, which you, I and all other players agreed to says:

(im tired I'll fill this up later)

So yes, WG can ban you.

Edit: Wrong EULA. Used the NA one instead to the EU one. I shall leave the NA one below.

Spoiler

http://legal.na.wargaming.net/en/end-user-licence-agreement/

So this the EULA, which you, I and all other players agreed to says:

12.1.3 harassing, stalking or threatening other users in the Game;

12.1.6 transmitting or communicating any content which, at the sole and exclusive discretion of Wargaming, is deemed offensive, including language that is unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, sexually explicit, discriminatory, or otherwise objectionable, or that constitutes cyberbullying;

13. Suspension and Termination of Use, Account or Resources

13.1 If you violate any provision of this EULA, then we may, at our sole discretion depending on the seriousness of the breach and without any notice to you, take some or all of the following actions:

1. suspend your Account for a short period of time;
  2. suspend your Account for a longer period of time; and
  3. may terminate your Account, and

in each case the level of seriousness of the breach shall be determined exclusively by Wargaming and you agree not to appeal against such Wargaming decisions.