You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Valamon

Yamato vs Nelson

Yamato vs Nelson  

78 members have voted

1. 1. What should I spend my free experience on?

• Yamato
    • Nelson
    • other

27 comments in this topic

[OFO]
Players
2 posts
6,123 battles

Being a casual player I have manage to accrue over 315k free experience. To put things into perspective, I have several premium ships (Murmansk, Atago, Arizona and Aigle) but no tier IX or X ones. As I have researched Izumo, this puts me into the unique position to jump over this ship and get Yamato for a similar amount of experience as for buying Nelson.

Considering the above, what should I spend my free experience on?

Thank you all for your advice.

[TIPC]
Players
284 posts
12,451 battles

Your highest tier of ship is 8,so I would say the Nelson.

• Cool 4

Players
1,001 posts
6,733 battles

Do something in between. Get Nelson (farm more free xp with that) and buy the upgraded modules for Izumo as soon as possible. You shorten the Izumo grind but don't just skip the ship. Learn to play tier 9 first because you will end up with terrible results in your Yamato if you dont. It's a tier 10 ship in which you are expected to carry a lot of weight. It will take a lot of experience at higher tiers to be able to do that. Start with Izumo. It's a good ship if you don't get farmed by HE spam, learn to angle in or angle away and use the excellent guns with good penetration. In late game you can make some aggressive plays bow in to enemy BB's. Until that point stay angled at medium range ready to disengage.

Beta Tester
2,877 posts
10,753 battles

Don't want to bash you mate, but to be honest, you are still having a lot of trouble to perform in T8 battles.

Nelson should be way more fun for you than a TX BB.

• Cool 1

Players
1,301 posts
10,449 battles

Izumo and Yamato play similarly, so it's a bad idea to skip Izumo. They are certainly different to Amagi.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Izumo is not a bad ship, and has been buffed recently.

Get Nelson or keep farming FreeXP and get Musashi, which is a nerfed Yamato at tier 9 that prints more credits and can share the Izumo/Yamato captain. 

Players
2,199 posts
3,844 battles
6 minutes ago, Taliesn said:

Izumo and Yamato play similarly, so it's a bad idea to skip Izumo. They are certainly different to Amagi.

Also, contrary to popular belief, Izumo is not a bad ship, and has been buffed recently.

Get Nelson or keep farming FreeXP and get Musashi, which is a nerfed Yamato at tier 9 that prints more credits and can share the Izumo/Yamato captain. 

From what I saw Musashi earn less credits then Yamato with perma camo.

I would only recommend to buy Musashi IF that players doesnt have Yamato nor have plans to grind to him. Otherwise Yamato is way to go.

• Cool 2

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,653 battles

I agree with everyone that recommends you getting Nelson. Get it and start farming FreeXP again. While doing that, also grind other lines.

[OFO]
Players
2 posts
6,123 battles
15 minutes ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Don't want to bash you mate, but to be honest, you are still having a lot of trouble to perform in T8 battles.

Nelson should be way more fun for you than a TX BB.

Good point! Thank you for taking the time to review my stats.

• Cool 1

[JRM]
Players
2,723 posts
17,880 battles

Nelson couse something we should all see before death is 9 16 inch RN guns in a match with tier 5s :cap_popcorn:

• Funny 2

[ST-EU]
Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles
2 hours ago, Yedwy said:

Nelson couse something we should all see before death is 9 16 inch RN guns in a match with tier 5s :cap_popcorn:

You haven't seen 10x IJN 410mm in that same situation, have you? :cap_haloween:

• Cool 1

[DC_DK]
Players
2,694 posts
27,588 battles

Besides that Nelson is really a fun ship and a heavy puncher at T-VII

[DC_DK]
Players
2,694 posts
27,588 battles

To be honest T-VII is the most fun tier at the moment... Sick and tired of T-X

• Cool 2

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
15 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

To be honest T-VII is the most fun tier at the moment... Sick and tired of T-X

Yeah T10 sucks big time as everyone is too chicken to push so games are face rolls either way. It's broken me to the point where I go T7 max and play WoT these days :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[DC_DK]
Players
2,694 posts
27,588 battles
4 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Yeah T10 sucks big time as everyone is too chicken to push so games are face rolls either way. It's broken me to the point where I go T7 max and play WoT these days :Smile_hiding:

I'm not desperate that I resort to WOT yet.. But I'll get your drift. V-VIII is my choice. Play a little T-IX just need the last four T-X and I have every silver ship in port, fully upgraded and equipped. First win of the day and I'm off to the mid tiers

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

I'm not desperate that I resort to WOT yet.. But I'll get your drift. V-VIII is my choice. Play a little T-IX just need the last four T-X and I have every silver ship in port, fully upgraded and equipped. First win of the day and I'm off to the mid tiers

I'd rather play a 5 min WoT faceroll than a 20 min Wows T10 bore fest that you know is a loss but still need to play it out and not suicide... Plus I've still got stuff to grind in Tanks.

I was grinding Halsey and Legendary upgrades but I've pretty much given those up...

OP should get Nelson anyways, Yam static gameplay is boring as hell. Plus the guns don't over match as much as you might think. Angled BBs still bounce 18". When I first got Yam I thought I was going to auto pen everything but it really isn't like that...

• Cool 1

[HEATH]
Players
174 posts
15,450 battles

I have Missouri, Yamato, Musashi and Nelson. From all, the Nelson i  regret spending the FREEXP on...i tought will be a little Izumo in  lower tier because of the guns pozition..but no..On the other hand, even i have Yamato, i like playing Musashi for the easier MM, relaxing credit gain(not as big as Missouri but still decent) and captain xp farm.

[ALONE]
Players
1,417 posts
10,919 battles
7 hours ago, Valamon said:

Being a casual player I have manage to accrue over 315k free experience. To put things into perspective, I have several premium ships (Murmansk, Atago, Arizona and Aigle) but no tier IX or X ones. As I have researched Izumo, this puts me into the unique position to jump over this ship and get Yamato for a similar amount of experience as for buying Nelson.

Considering the above, what should I spend my free experience on?

Thank you all for your advice.

Certainly Nelson is better choice for you - you didn't play any T9+ BB before, and jumping into Yamato would just not be fun at this moment. Nelson actually plays similarly to Izumo and Yamato, and his guns (both HE and close range AP) are equally devastating at tiers 5-7.  

And I bet that currently The Great Push Into Tier 10 created so much sucking power into high tiers, that most of T8-T9 boats are dragged into T10 games, leaving good top tier games for Tier 7 :cap_horn:

Players
7,371 posts
9,168 battles
8 hours ago, VC381 said:

You haven't seen 10x IJN 410mm in that same situation, have you? :cap_haloween:

Why play Overpen Simulator 2018 when you can just sink them with sheer weight of 16gun salvo?

Beta Tester
2,738 posts
3,592 battles

Never thought I'd hear myself say this, but: Nelsol. You most likely are not ready for the Yamato.

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

Tier 10 is definitely not your goal, and you should accrue more experience in the mid-tiers, because frankly, you will have an awful time in tier 10 given your recent performance.

Also, Nelson is an astonishing performer in that tier, she was a much more loved addition to my collection than any other battleship in the recent times. Definitely purchase her, instead of skipping into tier 10 without the necessary knowledge - you will get chewed up and spat out. 

[THESO]
[THESO]
2,053 posts
6,930 battles

Dear OP,

There is a new update at the end of this month.

I don't know If it is open or will it be open soon, but I suggest, you get PTS (public test server)

go in, try Nelson, Try Yamato.. then decide..

Test server is always a good idea to tryout ships you don't have and havent decided %100 on them..

• Cool 1

[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,850 posts
8,634 battles

I got Musashi, Nelson and Missouri already.  I'm racking yop free XP to get the RN DDs when they are released.  I'm trying to figure how much free XP I'll need to unlock an entire line...  I have 400k right now.