Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Movan03

USS Alabama

28 comments in this topic

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles

And so did every other ship of the time (late WW2) including DD's so unless Shimakaze also gets one then NOPES. Besides, we have quite enough radars in game already, I'd rather prefer that they limit or remove some. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 5

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Ahhh it's a the boy who cried radar, again.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,322 posts
14,721 battles

No what it really needs is main guns reload booster and tighter dispersion :Smile_hiding:

:cap_popcorn:

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles

Not even a week has passed between this and the bismarck radar post... :cap_fainting:

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles
23 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Not even a week has passed between this and the bismarck radar post... :cap_fainting:

There was a Bismark radar post? How did I miss that one? :cap_wander_2:Oh well, never mind, on second thought don't tell me. I can't be bothered. Let's come up with a new interesting topic instead, shall we? How abouttit guys?:Smile_Default:

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
16 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

There was a Bismark radar post? how did I miss that one? :cap_wander_2:Oh well, never mind, on second thought don't tell me. I can't be bothered. Let's come up with a new interesting topic instead, shall we? How abouttit guys?:Smile_Default:

Well, the bismarck radar post was the second one, the first one (at least the first one I've noticed) was a Tirpitz radar post :cap_book:

• Funny 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
1,397 posts
5,436 battles
10 minutes ago, Vlad_Vado said:

Well, the bismarck radar post was the second one, the first one (at least the first one I've noticed) was a Tirpitz radar post :cap_book:

You missed the Scharnhorst radar post by the same guy.

• Funny 3

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles
Just now, ollonborre said:

Oh bloody he*ll... :Smile_facepalm: I'm glad I missed those then. Way too many...:Smile_amazed:

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
12 minutes ago, ollonborre said:

I messed up, it was the scharni and bismarck posts, there was not a tirpitz one, but guess it's because he doesn't own tirpitz :Smile_coin:

11 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Oh bloody he*ll... :Smile_facepalm: I'm glad I missed those then. Way too many...:Smile_amazed:

Well, we can try to guess which one will be the next BB he will demand to put radar on it. He demanded radar for the KM BBs and now has started with the USN BBs. As Alabama is the first one, and seems to go tier by tier, I guess that it will be NC or Massachussets. I bet for NC :cap_money:

• Funny 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,226 posts
14,454 battles
2 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Shimakaze

Unsure if Shima had radar actually.

A lot of Japanese ships didn't have radar. What radar they had was mostly worthless because it was unreliable as all out.

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles
9 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Unsure if Shima had radar actually.

A lot of Japanese ships didn't have radar. What radar they had was mostly worthless because it was unreliable as all out.

:cap_book:Observe:

" Description
The Shimakaze destroyer had typical architecture for Japanese destroyers: her profile was similar to the Kagerō and Yūgumo types, but she was longer and on board, in the plane of symmetry there was a small superstructure and a third torpedo device. The second distinguishing feature was that instead of a stretched S-shaped stem that was characteristic of Japanese ships, she had an arched bow, inclined strongly forward, giving the silhouette a dynamic appearance, and better for developing high speeds (similar to “the Atlantic” shape of the bows of the great destroyers - German and French). The hull had an elevated bow deck at less than 1/3 of its length. On the foredeck there was one, two-barrel gun turret, followed by a short, tower-type superstructure. The superstructure was a three-floor construction with an enclosed glass-covered wheelhouse on its upper level and a fire-control post behind it. The front wall of the superstructure was slightly bent, as in the Yūgumo type. A characteristic element for the Japanese destroyers were life boats on the sides of the fore superstructure, so was also on “Shimakaze”. The drive consisted of boilers, which were located in two boiler rooms, and further steam turbines (linear arrangement of the power unit). The flue gas from the boilers was discharged through two funnels, the first of which was wider. The radar equipment was located on a three-legged fore mast and consisted of Type-22 radar. After modernization in 1944, it was supplemented with Type-13 radar located on the rear mast placed on the aft superstructure. The aft deckhouse was relatively short due to the space occupied by the third torpedo device. "

Yes, it did.. :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 hour ago, _DeathWing_ said:

Ahhh it's a the boy who cried radar, again.

Had to check it before, but yes, its the kid that cried radar.

• Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles
1 minute ago, Juanx said:

Had to check it before, but yes, its the kid that cried radar.

Ahh, now I get it. So basically the theme is. "All my ships must have radar"? Got it.:Smile_Default:

• Cool 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,226 posts
14,454 battles
3 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

The radar equipment was located on a three-legged fore mast and consisted of Type-22 radar. After modernization in 1944, it was supplemented with Type-13 radar located on the rear mast placed on the aft superstructure.

Ah, thanks. Honestly didn't know that. :)

(Though neither radar was particularly effective to say the least.)

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles
1 hour ago, El2aZeR said:

Ah, thanks. Honestly didn't know that. :)

(Though neither radar was particularly effective to say the least.)

Well IJN radars were not well known for their effectiveness to be sure, but they did exist - Especially late war after Americans had amply demonstrated their usefulness. And to be fair, none of the ship-based WW2 radars were particularly effective anyways by today's standards, since the technology was still in its infancy. I mean even USN radars could occasionally be outspotted by plain good ole' good eyeballing. This actually happened on few occasions early war particularly during Guadalcanal battles - And most of those engagements were fought at night! Hehehe!:cap_old:

Modder
4,002 posts
7,215 battles

So, we had threads by him demanding Radar for:

• Scharnhorst
  • Bismarck
  • Alabama

What about a little forum game: Guessing the next ship (I guess it will be again a BB) he demands to have radar!

I would go for Neisenau!

• Funny 2

Players
4,367 posts
7,761 battles
19 minutes ago, principat121 said:

• Scharnhorst
  • Bismarck
  • Alabama

What about a little forum game: Guessing the next ship (I guess it will be again a BB) he demands to have radar!

I would go for Neisenau!

Radar had a ship, WG fix it.

[ETD5]
Players
295 posts
1,640 battles
54 minutes ago, principat121 said:

• Scharnhorst
  • Bismarck
  • Alabama

I would go for Neisenau!

2 hours ago, Vlad_Vado said:

I messed up, it was the scharni and bismarck posts, there was not a tirpitz one, but guess it's because he doesn't own tirpitz :Smile_coin:

Well, we can try to guess which one will be the next BB he will demand to put radar on it. He demanded radar for the KM BBs and now has started with the USN BBs. As Alabama is the first one, and seems to go tier by tier, I guess that it will be NC or Massachussets. I bet for NC :cap_money:

[RL7S]
Players
147 posts
2,156 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well IJN radars were not well know for their effectiveness to be sure, but they did exist - Especially late war after Americans had amply demonstrated their usefulness. And to be fair, none of the ship-based WW2 radars were particularly effective anyways by today's standards, since the technology was still in its infancy. I mean even USN radars could occasionally be outspotted by plain good ole' good eyeballing. This actually happened on few occasions early war particularly during Guadalcanal battles - And most of those engagements were fought at night! Hehehe!:cap_old:

US were pretty far behind on radar going into WW2, they only made the tech leap when British radar (and a bunch of other tech) was given to the US in 1940.

So in late 1941 at Pearl Harbour US had their first experimental search radar, meanwhile UK and Germany had fire control radar and were putting search radar on basically everything that floated right down to armed trawlers.

To be fair US caught up pretty fast developing UK tech, their mid war radar was still pretty crap, but from 1944 onwards the US came out with probably the best fire control radar of the war and they were building radar in such huge numbers that they were even supplementing British radar types for the RN and RAF.

[ONE2]
Players
2,531 posts
15,020 battles

Woot? @Alex_Connor :cap_wander_2:Surely you are jesting Comrade?:Smile_amazed: Clearly the scurrilous capitalist scalawags only stole the Glorious Soviet designs but in their deplorable greed and despicable incompetence just made bad copies of the proletariat's supreme designs. :Smile-angry::fish_viking:

That would sooo explain the Soviet Radar ranges in this game anyways...:Smile_teethhappy:

[JRM]
[JRM]
Players
1,322 posts
14,721 battles
2 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Ahh, now I get it. So basically the theme is. "All my ships must have radar"? Got it.:Smile_Default:

Gotta stop those nasty sneaky dds from launching metal Fishes unpunished and sending him back to port :fish_viking:

• Funny 1

[RL7S]
Players
147 posts
2,156 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Woot? @Alex_Connor :cap_wander_2:Surely you are jesting Comrade?:Smile_amazed: Clearly the scurrilous capitalist scalawags only stole the Glorious Soviet designs but in their despicable greed and despicable incompetence just made bad copies of the proletariat's supreme designs. :Smile-angry::fish_viking:

That would sooo explain the Soviet Radar ranges in this game anyways...:Smile_teethhappy:

I don’t think Russia even had radar in ww2 lol

All the Russian ships with radar are post-ww2 which is maybe why Russian radar has better range.

Sign in to follow this