You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HMS_BlackPud

School Kids

99 comments in this topic

[SBS]
Players
189 posts

Its obvious that there are so many school kids on holidays at the moment (and for the next 6 weeks Im told) that the game has become unplayable if you want to keep any resemblance of good stats. I have played 2 days with only a couple of wins and Im really unhappy with the game at present. I am the commander of a clan and all my members are very dissatisfied with this.

War Gaming please try to do something about it sooner rather than later as its wrecked the game and Im not sure if I can keep my clan playing the game in the short term.

AAA Clan Image.png

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 10
  • Bad 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester
70 posts
2,269 battles

What on earth would you like them to do? Have over 18 random battles only? X-rated Operations?

Edited by Bluestrategist
  • Funny 4

[SCRUB]
Players
2,458 posts
7,854 battles

You want WG to tell them take drugs and rob stores instead of having fun with computer games?

Kids will find a way to use their spare time and Wows is not a bad option. 

Kids have full right to play this game just like any others Stop the elitist attitude and let people have fun with games.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,976 battles

WG has no influence over player skill, age, race or sex dude @HMS_BlackPud. It cannot just be programmed away, so if you play any MMO, that's the risk you just have to take.:Smile_amazed:

That said, I've had a really bad week already myself, whereby it is possible to tell within the first 1 minute by observing the team's movements, that sure enough we are gonna git our asses handed over to us good again... Really depressing so I can fully relate to the mood. :Smile_sad:

Oh well, maybe the coming weekend I'll be on the other (winning) side for a change eh? :Smile_great: I mean, if one side gets blapped in 5 minutes, then it stands to reason to assume that SOMEONE's gotta be winning too. I sure hope so anyways.:Smile_Default:

And besides, it could always be worse. It could be kindergartners. :Smile_ohmy:

• Funny 1

Weekend Tester
802 posts
5,388 battles
16 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

Its obvious that there are so many school kids on holidays at the moment (and for the next 6 weeks Im told) that the game has become unplayable if you want to keep any resemblance of good stats. I have played 2 days with only a couple of wins and Im really unhappy with the game at present. I am the commander of a clan and all my members are very dissatisfied with this.

War Gaming please try to do something about it sooner rather than later as its wrecked the game and Im not sure if I can keep my clan playing the game in the short term.

Adapt and...

image.jpeg.4ad6394ee6cf65ff46c92324144ac55f.jpeg

• Cool 4

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles
22 minutes ago, Kenliero said:

You want WG to tell them take drugs and rob stores instead if having fun with computer games?

Kids will find a way to use their spare time and Wows is not a bad option. 

Kids have full right to play this game just like any others Stop the elitist attitude and let people have fun with games.

It would be far better that they go out and play football or basketball or you know do what kids use to in 80s / 90s / 2000s  but they get into "smartphone generation" not knowing how much is 2x8 without smartphone --- BUT that is another problem and WG or game can not solve this..

What WG could do is reward good play and punish that players that die in first 3-4 min or by 200.000 pot dam or doing nothing whole game or newest gig in DD "i have been killed last 3 games in cap so now I will only play on A1 or 20km from the cap  ----- so WG should punish them by giving them  0 or 50xp so they won't do that anymore and try to do something that actually will help team and so on and than WG should reward the one that trying there best to win ...   Now all get too much xp and you can do whatever you want and you will get 300/600/900 xp for nothing 

btw I have same problem as OP and my clan is also said that they wont play anymore  until kid go back to school or whatever is happening atm - we all have 30+ prem days bcs we get it from 30 storm win but it is not worth the pain you get by playing atm - i'll get stroke if I continue :(

and yeah - first good thing that WG should get into game is that if you start battle you need to be in battle until battle is over - no meter if you died in 2 min or in 20min, that would make so many good thing -- no more go in, die fast in cap, go in port, do the same with another ship and repeat that 40 times in few hour... I have learn so much just by staying in battle and watch other how they play, how they position every ship on map and getting situational tactic awareness

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BOATY]
[BOATY]
Players
664 posts
9,653 battles

@HMS_BlackPud The best thing that WG can do is to stop sharing data. Then you will see how enjoyable the game is even with the school kids and potatos as stats means nothing. 

[UNICS]
Players
3,185 posts
12,579 battles
24 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

Just wait it out. In a few weeks the kids will be back at school and won't wreck you and your stats any more.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,976 battles
14 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

It would be far better that they go out and play football or basketball or you know do what kids use to in 80s / 90s / 2000s  but they get into "smartphone generation" not knowing how much is 2x8 without smartphone --- BUT that is another problem and WG or game can not solve this

Hhehehe!  Stop living in the past Old Timer.:cap_old: This is the 21st century now. Interacting with people is sooo old. It's all computer and videogames, reality TV and Fake news now. We should be extinct, as a species by 2100, no worries :Smile_Default:

old.jpg.31762b832ed61e6c3a765341603e4019.jpgnerd.jpg.48156ae02ee15cd9f25a6737d8ea5afa.jpg

• Funny 4

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles
5 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hhehehe!  Stop living in the past Old Timer.:cap_old: This is the 21st century now. Interacting with people is sooo old. It's all computer and videogames, reality TV and Fake news now. We should be extinct, as a species by 2100, no worries :Smile_Default:

nerd.jpg.48156ae02ee15cd9f25a6737d8ea5afa.jpg

It should be like in Ready Player One " no games on/the Oasis will be shut down on Tuesdays and Thursdays."

• Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
1,219 posts
2,535 battles
33 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

appened

Happened last year, happened at Christmas too. Will continue to happen in the future.

You are in a clan, go div with your members. A div of three is more than capable of holding it's own and dealing with 12 holiday happy kids.

• Cool 2

Players
289 posts
1,150 battles

kids are better at games than adults anyways. especially the ones that play alot. seems like the older generation seem to be somewhat bad at this game and come flooding on during weekends and holidays.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 4

[ONE2]
Players
2,527 posts
14,976 battles
1 minute ago, Fat_Maniac said:

You are in a clan, go div with your members. A div of three is more than capable of holding it's own and dealing with 12 holiday happy kids.

Indeed. Of course. Unless someone else also had the same brilliant idea. Hehehe!:cap_hmm:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles
3 minutes ago, BrigadierRosen said:

kids are better at games than adults anyways. especially the ones that play alot. seems like the older generation seem to be somewhat bad at this game and come flooding on during weekends and holidays.

and I thought the same but this is not true - problems like this only appear when kids holidays are on - I think that problem is that wows is  too slow and to tactical game for kids, they are far better in PUBG, frontline and so on FPS and other fast game ..

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
2,003 posts
24,125 battles
32 minutes ago, HMS_BlackPud said:

AAA Clan Image.png

I doubt that this game have a special appeal to younger people, I think it is rather an older playerbase. If you are correct that the holiday theory brings out less skilled people it might well be older people that are playing on weekends or have their summer holidays. Sure it might be a small factor with young people but how do you measure it?

Besides if you have a large influx of lesser skilled people your WR should go up not down.

If the influx of these poor and useless players are better than you it is however so pure statistically that you will go down in WR in the long run , so if your two days of worse WR continues it shows that these players are better than you.

Not so fun OP, but that is pure statistics.

If I who is a 55% Player, would play with 23 Flamu level players, I will drag the team down that have me, if I play with 23 45% players I will increase the teams chances that I am included in.

Simple as that. What a influx of bad players can do is lower the standard of play but hopefully they will be better, as we need new players.

But statistically your WR should increase if the standard of play decreases and you play on same level as before.

• Cool 7

[JRM]
Players
1,307 posts
14,657 battles

Things seem pretty normal to me, but then again maybee i got used to it or just care less then used to had a reasonabbly decent day Yesterday acctually playing with clan div only some scrubs in div really ran us in the ground :Smile_teethhappy:

Players
289 posts
1,150 battles
2 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

and I thought the same but this is not true - problems like this only appear when kids holidays are on - I think that problem is that wows is  too slow and to tactical game for kids, they are far better in PUBG, frontline and so on FPS and other fast game ..

Yeah i guess, but it's just annoying how people assume 'kids' are the only bad players when theres bad players of all age groups. i mean i've been playing world of tanks since i was 17-18 even though most of my friends would be playing more twitchy games although im not too bad at tactical or strategic games (i'm 22 now).

the younger generations do have a worse attention span (i should know myself) but they do have a great potential to learn this game pretty quickly due to how most young people absorb information nowadays anyways.

either way there will always be bad players regardless whether thats intentional or not.

Have noice day!

• Cool 2

Players
10 posts
4,636 battles

If this would be the case, wouldn't they be randomly spread over the teams and not only end up in your team? Maybe (even) less teamplay than normal, but more or less the same win/lose rate as normal.

However, the in-battle chats are just overflowing with sad sad language lately. That could be an indication that there are more younger captains than usual are playing at the moment.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

Image result for bear grylls adapt overcome

• Funny 3

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles
5 minutes ago, Gnirf said:

I doubt that this game have a special appeal to younger people, I think it is rather an older playerbase. If you are correct that the holiday theory brings out less skilled people it might well be older people that are playing on weekends or have their summer holidays. Sure it might be a small factor with young people but how do you measure it?

Besides if you have a large influx of lesser skilled people your WR should go up not down.

If the influx of these poor and useless players are better than you it is however so pure statistically that you will go down in WR in the long run , so if your two days of worse WR continues it shows that these players are better than you.

Not so fun OP, but that is pure statistics.

If I who is a 55% Player, would play with 23 Flamu level players, I will drag the team down that have me, if I play with 23 45% players I will increase the teams chances that I am included in.

Simple as that. What a influx of bad players can do is lower the standard of play but hopefully they will be better, as we need new players.

But statistically your WR should increase if the standard of play decreases and you play on same level as before.

That would be if Game have skilled MM but game tends to put 2/3 potato in one team while other have full squad of normal and or unicom players and by that you will get superfast and idiotic win or lose in 8 of 10 games..

I don't have problem that my wr and stats going up or down - I have a problem that 2/3 games will be some idiotic finish battles like game had finished with 8 ships in your team and 10 in enemy  or game will end in 8 min with 10 enemy ships on you solo or 2 players in your team, or enemy will have all caps full time with none of your team player being 15km or closer to cap and than when you try to cap at 80/850 they are looking you like you are retard and so on

• Cool 2

Players
535 posts
6,040 battles
15 minutes ago, BrigadierRosen said:

Yeah i guess, but it's just annoying how people assume 'kids' are the only bad players when theres bad players of all age groups. i mean i've been playing world of tanks since i was 17-18 even though most of my friends would be playing more twitchy games although im not too bad at tactical or strategic games (i'm 22 now).

the younger generations do have a worse attention span (i should know myself) but they do have a great potential to learn this game pretty quickly due to how most young people absorb information nowadays anyways.

either way there will always be bad players regardless whether thats intentional or not.

Have noice day!

One of the better players in my clan have 14y and he is in team alpha in CB so I don't have problems with kid playing this game - I have problem with casual kids playing this game, you know the one that think they can kill 10 ships just by rushing in from the start or they play on the edge of the map in DD because they want to ruing game for your team bcs in last game the die not having support or think that they didn't have but they just overextend  .....  There is so much that kind of players in last 2-3 days and that is immature behaviour

[H_FAN]
Players
2,003 posts
24,125 battles
3 minutes ago, VooDooZG_Nervozni_Purger said:

That would be if Game have skilled MM but game tends to put 2/3 potato in one team while other have full squad of normal and or unicom players and by that you will get superfast and idiotic win or lose in 8 of 10 games..

I don't have problem that my wr and stats going up or down - I have a problem that 2/3 games will be some idiotic finish battles like game had finished with 8 ships in your team and 10 in enemy  or game will end in 8 min with 10 enemy ships on you solo or 2 players in your team, or enemy will have all caps full time with none of your team player being 15km or closer to cap and than when you try to cap at 80/850 they are looking you like you are retard and so on

No it is the random MM that brings this statistics in the long run. Apperently you are not well versed in stats.

It is this simple: 

If you are a 55 % player skillwise, in the long run you will end there, like wise if you are a 45 % player you will end there.

If your relative skill to the player base increses your WR will go up, and if your relative skill declines it will go down.

Skilled MM is therefor useless.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

I think we should introduce a time limit also:- All under 35's should be restricted to playing between the hours of 4pm and 6pm, just to allow them time to finish their homework and do the chores before going to bed. So that after 6pm the over 35's get back from work and can play undisturbed.

AIGF :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1