Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
thiextar

Few Qs about yamamoto campaign

11 comments in this topic

[-AP-]
Players
1,928 posts
4,805 battles

am tired, so gonna keep this short.

1. Is it possible to complete the whole campaign with just t8+ cruisers? No carriers etc, battleships or dds?

2. The supercontainer rewards, are they normal super containers which can contain anything from prem ships to coal, or are they specific, like they only contain flags or something like that?

Cheers for answers

Players
965 posts
14,928 battles

As for the first point, it's technically possible to complete it with just cruisers, you just have to repeat tasks (i.e., selecting them again) for collecting more stars. Remember, though, that the associated reward is only given for the first completion. A full completion with all tasks done still needs playing all the different classes, but at least it doesn't have nation-specific tasks like Halsey's campaign.

As for the second one, the supercontainers are like those you can get from usual play if you're lucky, no special content nor modified chances IIRC. That means things like premium time, extra free XP, credits or doubloons, bunches of camos or flags, or even premium ships.

Salute.

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
1,928 posts
4,805 battles

Thx for the reply my friend! 

So you mean that If task 2 gives me 2 stars, I can do it 4 times and get 8 stars? I didn't know this was a thing, thanks! 

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,436 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

So you mean that If task 2 gives me 2 stars, I can do it 4 times and get 8 stars? I didn't know this was a thing, thanks! 

Yes he did mean that :)

[JRM]
Players
3,372 posts
18,792 battles

1st q yes by reapeting tasks ( u dont get another Prize just the stars tho), 2nd they are normal sv u get what rngesus decides it can be kutuzov or 25 flags or anything in between

Players
260 posts
4,654 battles
11 hours ago, thiextar said:

1. Is it possible to complete the whole campaign with just t8+ cruisers? No carriers etc, battleships or dds?

2. The supercontainer rewards, are they normal super containers which can contain anything from prem ships to coal, or are they specific, like they only contain flags or something like that?

Cheers for answers

It is possible although you ll get bored doing the same 1 and 2 star tasks over and over again. Did it only with dds.
As for the supers, they contain pretty much everything.
Good part is that they removed the rare modules from them since you can buy them from the arsenal now.Those modules consisted a fair 40% of the sc rewards before the change.

[HOO]
Players
2,190 posts
1 hour ago, thiextar said:

Exactly so.

It's a bit boring, but that's the way the campaigns are set up, you could conceivably spam a single task in each one then the end task at each section to complete.

There are some completionist lunatics who do every task (often after finishing the campaign), but they're players of every class of ship. 

Players
982 posts
4,593 battles
2 hours ago, thiextar said:

I was mostly through completing all tasks in the first campaign before I learned this. :Smile_facepalm:

18 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

There are some completionist lunatics who do every task (often after finishing the campaign), but they're players of every class of ship. 

Guilty as charged, although I'll need to get a tier 8 CV before I can fully complete the second campaign and I'm not overly keen on grinding that until we know what's happening with the CV rework (soon™).

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
6,829 posts
7,602 battles

Might be more boring to do the same task over and over again, but far less frustrating. I rather have a steady progress than to gamble/luck my way through them and play 10 battles in between without any progress.

Since i do that, i feel ive been progressing much faster trough the campaigns than the way i did it before, aka doing the hard tasts aswell. Im almost at Halsey 4th stage, and basicly so far ive been doing the credit mission and commander XP missions all the time.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,789 posts
6,436 battles
55 minutes ago, BeauNidl3 said:

I;m currently on the last task of stage 4 Yamanoto, with no progress on the Halsey at all. My 3rd campaign 'mission' is on one of the old ones that although I have completed, I never did all the tasks for each level - if the availability is there, might as well get those extra 'free' rewards while doing everyday battles. I rarely, very rarely, play CV's, so may miss those out entirely, unless I can do them in Co-op, but do drive the others classes on a regular basis :)

Mixing all the classes is good for understanding the game.

[H_FAN]
Players
2,269 posts
31,944 battles
14 hours ago, thiextar said:

Cheers for answers

Yes, but it is advisable to try at least get some ships of other classes. Many times management consists of doing the right combinations as they often synchronize well.

If you are on premium and can take 3 missions instead of 2 , i think it is a good idea to have 1 onegame mission , i.e. some difficult/easy thing that should take place in one game, but you do not know which.

Like do 150000 damage and win in a cruiser.

This thing is one of the reasons I maintain premium account, apart from XP naturally, but  the step from 2 to 3 missions are making the campaigns far easier.

Sign in to follow this