You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Tayto

T-61 finally coming - and get it a week early!

157 comments in this topic

[NWP]
Players
849 posts
6,739 battles

Wow, and I mean that. I LOVE collecting ships, but even I'm not this desperate...

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/t-time/

For three days only, depending on the number of Doubloons you spend in-game, you will receive tiered rewards. Spend enough Doubloons and you will get flag_Germany.png premium.png VI T-61 in your port this Friday 10 August, along with her special flag!

2018-08-06 17_38_10-World of Warships - free online multiplayer game about battleships.png

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
4,105 posts
7,839 battles

did I miss something over the last half year, or did they never change anything and it's still as completely ridiculous as it was back when they decided to not sell it because it overshadowed the Gaede in pretty much every single way?

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles

25k eh? That's 83€. You need to have that amount of doubloons and at the same time have something to spend them on.

Good luck with that.

PS: Nice to know the T-61 is coming. Friday 17th of August is the day.

• Cool 3

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles

So you spend what...~90-100€ to get a Tier VI Destroyer a week earlier???

1200px-Dave_Silverman.svg.png

As I didn't read anything that the ship gets a new test round, I guess it is still as unbalanced as it was last year?

are-you-fucking-kiddi2uc0h.jpg

• Funny 11

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

did I miss something over the last half year, or did they never change anything and it's still as completely ridiculous as it was back when they decided to not sell it because it overshadowed the Gaede in pretty much every single way?

Nope nothing

• Cool 1

[AAO]
Players
1,805 posts
9,601 battles

Wow. Sweet deal man :Smile_sceptic:

WeeGee certainly never stops to amaze, don't they?

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
2 minutes ago, Saiyko said:

Did you expect a balanced and interesting offer?

I've spent 5k dubs yesterday on a T10 perma camo. Won't be spending anything more in the near future.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[TTT]
Players
4,105 posts
7,839 battles
1 minute ago, Saiyko said:

eh... I mean... it's not like them doing this hurts us in any way does it? We can just ignore it, buy the ship a week later if we so wish, and some silly sausage that goes "Here's Muh Wallet Gimme Gimme MuhSushi nao!" will get a free dutch cherry on top... (I'm sure there is some kind of Sushi that comes with a cherry... I mean, there's all kinds of hilarious food out there^^)

• Funny 1

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

yeah i was just reading the news and wanted to make sarcastic thread about 80€ t6 premium ship... yeah spend 25k doubloons and you will get t61 week early. or wait a week later and you can get it for price of ~5k doubloons.

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
Just now, robihr said:

yeah i was just reading the news and wanted to make sarcastic thread about 80€ t6 premium ship... yeah spend 25k doubloons and you will get t61 week early. or wait a week later and you can get it for price of ~5k doubloons.

Not to mention the fact that the ship is in the complete wrong Tier... But hey... Maybe the vodka got more expensive and they need them money?

[AAO]
Players
1,805 posts
9,601 battles
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

eh... I mean... it's not like them doing this hurts us in any way does it? We can just ignore i

Of course, that's what I'll do anyway, doubt if I even will buy it later, since tier six is beyond meh and a mild boycot towards WG from my end.

But that kind of deal is so sleazy...

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,359 battles

lol, On what should I spend doubloons? I have everything that I want... nice move WG :Smile_trollface:

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

"Dutch". I find it interesting that this ship is called Dutch, the description of the Gadyah mentions the Royal Netherlands Navy, but still not even a rumour about a true Dutch ship... I'd only be interested in this ship at all if she actually sailed for the Netherlands. Not just a design that happened to be built here.

As for the generosity of WG: well, if you happen to spend 25k, you'll get 25k of whatever you paid for PLUS the ship, so then it's nice to get for free. But even I as a wallet warrior collector have never paid 25k dubloons in only three days.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,907 posts
6,244 battles

Soo let me get this straight, if you want to have the T-61 for one week before it's premium shop appearance, you have to burn 20k + doubloons......... ROFL!!!! :Smile_veryhappy:

Sorry wg, but that is the most rediculous stunt you pulled to date. 

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,105 posts
7,839 battles
1 minute ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

I will go out of my way, to immediately ruin the match for any enemy 25k doubloon T-61 that I see during that week. :Smile_teethhappy:

that's almost like beating up the fat kid in sports class... he's got enough problems already... :Smile_trollface:

• Funny 6

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles
7 minutes ago, Robber_Baron said:

"Dutch". I find it interesting that this ship is called Dutch, the description of the Gadyah mentions the Royal Netherlands Navy, but still not even a rumour about a true Dutch ship... I'd only be interested in this ship at all if she actually sailed for the Netherlands. Not just a design that happened to be built here.

As for the generosity of WG: well, if you happen to spend 25k, you'll get 25k of whatever you paid for PLUS the ship, so then it's nice to get for free. But even I as a wallet warrior collector have never paid 25k dubloons in only three days.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/German_World_War_II_destroyers#Flottentorpedoboot_1940

Following the capitulation of the Netherlands, Dutch shipyards were contracted to build 24 boats based on a Dutch design. Only three of these 2,600 ton vessels were launched. These three were moved to the Baltic in 1944 for work, but none were completed.

Detailed Information only in german:

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flottentorpedoboot_1940

[B0TS]
Players
354 posts
9,306 battles

I would happily spend the doubloons if there was something to buy with them. Any chance of putting something good up for sale for doubloons in the next couple of days WG so that we can actually use the doubloons on something? God I would even go for a few space cammo's but they aren't for sale.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[-FF-]
Players
757 posts
5,660 battles

That means Gaede will be buffed soon... They certainly can't release the T61 without thinking about the ships of the same tier...

• Funny 2

[HOO]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,052 posts
3,769 battles

Yeah, no... not going to happen.

• Cool 1

[PRAVD]
Players
1,118 posts
5,616 battles

I see enough premium ships in the tech trees that I own, but then I would've missed the great games and terrible teammates in all those battles.

Besides, then I would've gotten a premium ship in port that I don't want to have, but refuse to sell because she's a premium ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

[DC-DK]
Players
2,391 posts
24,368 battles

Guys you're not paying for the DD.. You're paying for the stuff you buy for the doubloons. Basically the DD is a cherry on top of your purchase

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
7,712 posts
9,928 battles

Hmm ... considering I was looking forward to dig away at my doubloon mountain now that WG has finally introduced a couple premium ships to be available with doubloons that I don't yet have (Roma trying hard to seduce me with her looks), this is actually a halfway tempting offer.

Wait, wait, wait ... put those pitchforks and torches down and let me explain first, mkay?

Halfway only though because I had intended to wait until those ships are also available discounted, plus spending 25k+ doubloons isn't exactly something I had in mind even though I can easily afford it and still have plenty to spare (lots of doubloon SCs and nothing to spend them on for a looooong time in case anyone is wondering).

On the other hand, I might just get the Gascogne aswell and thus get 3 premium ships without spending any extra real €. Or perhaps get a couple of those tier X permanent camouflages.

I will actually have to think on this and even though I personally think that's a pretty damn hefty pricetag to put on what's basically early access for a mid tier premium ship (though a very powerful one if they release it in its last known iteration) and I wouldn't really consider this if I didn't already happen to sit on so many spare doubloons as it coincidentally were.