Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Nexuss9383

Saipan is dumb

39 comments in this topic

Players
11 posts
1,002 battles

This CV needs a rework or nerf, it gets midway fighters at tier 7 it gets USN strafe it gets no penalty when he disengage strafe out its literally pay to win and you cant even counter it vs an actual player with a brain goodluck baiting him over any allied ship for help id rather just afk or exit to port everytime i see one in my ranger because its literally just a loss anyway

• Cool 1
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 1

[TTT]
Players
4,096 posts
7,839 battles

you know what is also overpowered? Punctuation.

Also, Saipan is a premium. So good luck waiting for any nerfs...

• Cool 3
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,179 posts
9,367 battles
4 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

you know what is also overpowered? Punctuation.

That's why his got nerfed into the ground.

• Funny 5
  • Boring 1

[-FF-]
Players
750 posts
5,657 battles

We all know Saipan is overpowered. There are countless threads here to complain about that. It probably is the biggest design mistake of a premium by wargaming since the beginning of wows.

But yeah, it's a premium so she will never be nerfed that would go against WG policy.

The only way to balance her would be to buff all her opponents.

[SCRUB]
Players
7,704 posts
9,928 battles
47 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

Also, Saipan is a premium. So good luck waiting for any nerfs...

But muh glowball mekanix tshainj!!!

In all honesty I expect the Saipan to get worked over with the soon™ CV rework. So there's at least some hope that it's actually going to get adressed in one form or another.

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Players
1,014 posts
7,769 battles

Yeah, I think the last best hope is that they'll use the CV rework as an opportunity to fix Saipan.

It's weird to me that they don't simply remove that "don't-lose-a-fighter-on-exit-strafe". Is there any doubt the ship wouldn't be closer to balanced with that change?

It's not technically a nerf to the ship specs, only to game mechanics.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 2

Players
11 posts
1,002 battles

for a premium it should have the same mechanics as every CV if you strafe out since getting caught or outplayed in the saipan you should be punished but at the moment all they do is - strafe - strafe - strafe - strafe "oh the enemy cv actually baited me and locked me in" oh nevermind strafe out and 0 planes lost.

i also think it should have tier 8 planes and not 9 or if you get tier 9 fighters you get tier 6 bombers

• Cool 1

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Saipans only strenght is its ability to shut down the enemy CV (at least on same skill level)

Its problem?

It cant carry games - 6 TBS that rarley make it to the target alive - if you are uptiered you cant kill crap, if you are not uptiered you cant sink enemy BBs in one strike.

Its hard to kill DDs with a Saipan, esp. the low tier ones that a short and agile.

You need your team to kill the reds for you - so you gamble for your team to win the game. Good luck.

Kaga on the other hand:

Can oneshot almost every BB up to tier 8

Can kill DDs easier than saipan.

Can carry games if not getting shut down by CV.

Its problem: 

Helpless if enemy CV is on same skill level (not counting rangers here .... thats just a crap ship)

But 90% of games the enemy CV is bad - so most games the Kaga can carry the victory.

Saipan? Can shut down the enemy CV in 90% of games - if your team is potatoe that wont change anything.

Edit: 

Personal Note:

I hate saipan with a passion and simply cant make this thing reach 70+% win rates .... 

[WONLY]
Players
204 posts
10,445 battles
2 hours ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

Saipans only strenght is its ability to shut down the enemy CV (at least on same skill level)

Its problem?

It cant carry games - 6 TBS that rarley make it to the target alive - if you are uptiered you cant kill crap, if you are not uptiered you cant sink enemy BBs in one strike.

Its hard to kill DDs with a Saipan, esp. the low tier ones that a short and agile.

You need your team to kill the reds for you - so you gamble for your team to win the game. Good luck.

Kaga on the other hand:

Can oneshot almost every BB up to tier 8

Can kill DDs easier than saipan.

Can carry games if not getting shut down by CV.

Its problem: 

Helpless if enemy CV is on same skill level (not counting rangers here .... thats just a crap ship)

But 90% of games the enemy CV is bad - so most games the Kaga can carry the victory.

Saipan? Can shut down the enemy CV in 90% of games - if your team is potatoe that wont change anything.

Edit: 

Personal Note:

I hate saipan with a passion and simply cant make this thing reach 70+% win rates .... 

Saipan still deals enough damage to carry 3/4 of the games. Don't forget the t9 planes have quick service times and are pretty fast and you got great speed and good concealment to get the ship pretty close to the battle. Since it is t7 you get t5-t7mm a lot and the 6 TB can kill most cruisers in one strike and cripple BBs pretty hard or you can still go for the flood with the second torp bomber squad. For the DDs...yeah, the nimble ones are hard to get with only 6 torps, i don't even bother with them if there are better targets. You can still spot them all day since enemy CV can't do crap vs Saipan.

You can always have some good influence on the battle in a saipan. Kaga is just no-fun if you get a competent Hiryu/Saipan on the other side. If the enemy CV is garbage, Kaga is probably the carry ship #1 in this game...i don't like this gamble tho, in a saipan you're always the alpha predator :cap_haloween:

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

CV player is dumb

fify....

Edit: except for that 0.0000001% of CV players. Safest bet: your CV is beyond retarded and don't count on him/ her ever.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
13 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Safest bet: your teammates are beyond retarded and don't count on them ever.

There, now it's universally applicable. :D

Seriously tho, never trust your random teammates to do anything regardless of what class they play.

How come you can write the r-insult but whenever I try it automatically gets edited btw?

• Funny 2

[WCWVE]
Players
816 posts
12,440 battles
3 hours ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

Its problem?

The Saipan can actually field 9 dive bombers not 6 (standard is 8) and you get the ninth for a skill

• Bad 1

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
8,157 posts
14,439 battles
30 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

dive bombers

4 hours ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

TBS

If you don't know yet, Saipan has two decks:

3/0/1 with the DBs you mentioned (which is perhaps the most useless deck currently in the game, even more useless than 2/0/3 of GZ)

2/2/0 with two squads of 3x torp bombers. This is the deck you wanna play with.

Honestly I have to disagree with my fellow CV player tho. Saipan may not have the striking power of Kaga or even Hiryu, but it's enough to hunt down and kill DDs which is where the main match influence of CVs currently is derived from. You also cycle planes quite a bit faster so the difference in striking potential isn't as big as it seems at first.

• Cool 2

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles
10 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

There, now it's universally applicable. :D

Seriously tho, never trust your random teammates to do anything regardless of what class they play.

How come you can write the r-insult but whenever I try it automatically gets edited btw?

IDK. Didn't know it's a "censored word" as well. I tried writing them but no "auto correct."

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Saipan earned me hundreds of millions credits but we never got friends :(

Sorry saipan ...

Maybe its my playstyle (fighter gameplay is not my big love), maybe its just the missing fun factor

But seriously ...

Sending 12 TBs on a full life T7 BB (non aa specced, out turning gneise), getting 11 Torp hits and a dev strike is just ... good

I simply dont understand that other players cry about the saipan, its not the friendly guy that does 60k+ damage to your bb in 2 seconds. CV players on the other hand ... everyone hats playing against a saipan for a reason.

[ITA_C]
Players
260 posts
7,028 battles
18 hours ago, Nexuss9383 said:

This CV needs a rework or nerf, it gets midway fighters at tier 7 it gets USN strafe it gets no penalty when he disengage strafe out its literally pay to win and you cant even counter it vs an actual player with a brain goodluck baiting him over any allied ship for help id rather just afk or exit to port everytime i see one in my ranger because its literally just a loss anyway

Is a well know things since long long time , now we will see how is after the cv rework

[DIKI]
Players
1,227 posts
299 battles
18 hours ago, Nexuss9383 said:

man landed on Moon!!!!

epic discovery!

you just now met Saipan? It is for last 2 or more? years OP ship, everybody who have it eagrees it is OP...and WG will not touch it, no rework or anything will change it stats.....maybe you will not play as RTS but will manualy drive those planes, but still they will be t 9....

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

The biggest balance issue of saipan is not the free exit strafe (good luck with exit strafing against a super unicum with any other CV - your fighters will die every time)

The big problem is the fact that the saipan fighters are so fast on exit strafes that its realy hard to counter strafe and actually hitting the planes - this is esp. true for the glacial slow kaga t6 fighters (the saipan can literally fly away from your strafes ...) 

So you get strong fighters that can exit strafe for free and are damn hard to counter strafe - thats the problem ... not the free exit strafe.

And it still cant kill ships fast enough :cap_haloween:

3,828 posts
8,610 battles
39 minutes ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

(fighter gameplay is not my big love)

That was the reason I bought here, when I had the chance. I knew my fighter game was weak so I asked a bunch of CV players and all told me that Saipan is noob friendly to learn about proper fighter control.

[DIKI]
Players
1,227 posts
299 battles
18 minutes ago, Wings_of_RNGesus said:

The biggest balance issue of saipan is not the free exit strafe (good luck with exit strafing against a super unicum with any other CV - your fighters will die every time)

The big problem is the fact that the saipan fighters are so fast on exit strafes that its realy hard to counter strafe and actually hitting the planes - this is esp. true for the glacial slow kaga t6 fighters (the saipan can literally fly away from your strafes ...) 

So you get strong fighters that can exit strafe for free and are damn hard to counter strafe - thats the problem ... not the free exit strafe.

And it still cant kill ships fast enough :cap_haloween:

exit strafe is only OP thing on this ship....with laggy UI not eaven super duper uniqum can contrastrafe you. regularly. Planes just dont react fast enought (and spped is crucial after "stun"for this to be effective allways.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,661 posts
5,455 battles

I've driven mine once.. in Co-OP .. does that mean I have contributed to it's Op'ness? ;)

Players
579 posts
5,038 battles

Can i have yours?

Mine is broken, it TBs are made of paper and die like kaga planes and their torps need 10 hits to get 1 flooding....

I WANT ONE OF THIS OP SAIPANS THAT CAN DROP 6 OUT OF 6 TOO !!!

:cap_money:

Sign in to follow this