Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
T0byJug

Darstadly Deads by Dasha

43 comments in this topic

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
2,749 posts
2 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

Well, are you wearing a tight t-shirt? :cap_hmm:

Less then that.

I will leave the ugly details to your imagination. :cap_fainting:

[EDOM]
Players
150 posts
2,326 battles

If I can division up with Dasha in-game, then I will switch to Eagles.

Otherwise, might as well stay on the winning team. Go sharks!

[UNICS]
Players
3,265 posts
12,813 battles
36 minutes ago, principat121 said:

even better:

Reveal hidden contents

60274999.jpg.c391920d2f391658a891f6ae268f56e8.jpg

You're making a good argument. I wonder if Dasha can respond to this :Smile_hiding:

[DAVY]
Players
84 posts
5,734 battles

This whole event is just another example of WG failing to make a successful event where you pick your sides. The balance is way worse than with the Fire vs. Water event.

I chose Eagles because I want that camo since it kinda fits with the U.S. nationality theme (whereas sharks are not affiliated with any nation).

After I finish my camo grind and if Sharks are still winning, I will drop the Eagles team like the hot garbage they are. The whole notion of any kind of loyalty to some made-up animal themed team is truly laughable.

Also I don't really need the Sharks camo at all.

[ONE2]
Players
2,614 posts
15,210 battles

Naah! @T0byJug :cap_hmm: Sadly I am married so I'm not allowed to look at any extramarital T-shirts annyhoot under pain of the most cruel "Fate worse than the fate worse than death".:Smile_ohmy: AND besides - I gots me the Eagles Flag already, so I honorably double-crossed the them and defected back to Sharks. :cap_like:

shark-1.jpg.e978f54eb05cb4e8299dd25734ff5bfb.jpg

• Funny 1

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,410 posts
14,618 battles
26 minutes ago, Masa2mune said:

This whole event is just another example of WG failing to make a successful event where you pick your sides. The balance is way worse than with the Fire vs. Water event.

The question is why did people side more with Sharks at the beginning. Afterwards is clear that, as Sharks were winning, more and more people in Eagles switched sides. But the initial distribution should have been 50-50. Rewards are the same for both teams, so this is not the reason.

I wouldn't blame WG for this.

[BOATY]
Players
707 posts
10,214 battles

I don't get it. The only difference in reward for loosing team is -1 container... But then rewards for top charts are easier achieved. The loosing or wining do not have any other effect besides that. So chickens, enjoy your free daily stuff, the smart sharks will join you very soon. 

[BOATY]
Players
707 posts
10,214 battles
4 minutes ago, JapLance said:

The question is why did people side more with Sharks at the beginning. Afterwards is clear that, as Sharks were winning, more and more people in Eagles switched sides. But the initial distribution should have been 50-50. Rewards are the same for both teams, so this is not the reason.

I wouldn't blame WG for this.

EU is not Murica. That chicken means nothing here, plus, IMHO, shark camos both permanent and normal looks far better. 

And finally, the shark description is more appealing to me. 

[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
2,646 posts
2,413 battles
15 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You know what's going to be the funniest about this?

We are on day 11. That means that on 11th August (day 16) there will be mass swapping between the teams. Mass amounts of Sharks will become Eagles, those few who play for Eagles will become Sharks.

Event goes till 13th August.

11-12-13 <- there's your 3 days

This means that as an Eagle I will have switched to Sharks (and get nothing for the Eagles wins) while the Sharks who have been winning every single day will get a magical bonus because why not.

"But why not stay those extra 3 days" - then there's not enough Loyalty left to get the 2nd-to-last token reward on the other side - 50 tokens.

Sharks:

• 195 STs + 115 ETs

Eagles:

• 195 ETs + 95 STs
  • 215 ETs + 45 STs

^ Eagles always lose

@MrConway WG really seems to like screwing up their "contests" this month :fish_palm:

Consider that the event is not over yet - and the eagles losing should really come as no surprise. Or have you ever seen an eagle successfully fight a shark?

51 minutes ago, Masa2mune said:

I chose Eagles because I want that camo since it kinda fits with the U.S. nationality theme (whereas sharks are not affiliated with any nation).

After I finish my camo grind and if Sharks are still winning, I will drop the Eagles team like the hot garbage they are. The whole notion of any kind of loyalty to some made-up animal themed team is truly laughable.

Also I don't really need the Sharks camo at all.

Laughable!? Pfff... #GoSharks!

• Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,023 posts
21 minutes ago, MrConway said:

Or have you ever seen an eagle successfully fight a shark?

Have you ever seen shark successfully fight an eagle? :Smile_teethhappy:

Yeah, I thought so...

For the next great marine event I suggest Piranias vs Hedgehogs!

14 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Real women smell like tuna, not chickens.

Only if you spend more time on the fish market then poultry farm. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WJDE]
Beta Tester
555 posts
8,741 battles

If the teams were lemmings and potatoes then would both teams lose? :cap_hmm:

Also: obvious push-up is obvious. PROVE ME WRONG!

• Funny 1

Beta Tester
237 posts
15,439 battles
21 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

We are on day 11. That means that on 11th August (day 16) there will be mass swapping between the teams. Mass amounts of Sharks will become Eagles, those few who play for Eagles will become Sharks.

This means that as an Eagle I will have switched to Sharks (and get nothing for the Eagles wins) while the Sharks who have been winning every single day will get a magical bonus because why not.

"But why not stay those extra 3 days" - then there's not enough Loyalty left to get the 2nd-to-last token reward on the other side - 50 tokens.

Sharks:

• 195 STs + 115 ETs

Eagles:

• 195 ETs + 95 STs
  • 215 ETs + 45 STs

^ Eagles always lose

@MrConway WG really seems to like screwing up their "contests" this month :fish_palm:

Hi, mate. Do you know whether the quest will be available on the ''whole'' 13th August?

[BOATY]
Players
707 posts
10,214 battles
3 minutes ago, orzel286 said:

If the teams were lemmings and potatoes then would both teams lose? :cap_hmm:

Also: obvious push-up is obvious. PROVE ME WRONG!

That would be true if MM have taken into account the teams which is not the case. Sharks and Eagles are distributed randomly in battles. Statistically, it should be proportional on the total distribution. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,481 posts
8,025 battles
17 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Sharks:

• 195 STs + 115 ETs

Eagles:

• 195 ETs + 95 STs
  • 215 ETs + 45 STs

^ Eagles always lose

I am fairly sure I understand it as "this event ends on 13.06. at 6 AM so there will be "only" the rewards for two "eagles" victories for free. (which still is neat! GO Sharks!)
Also see below. What stops you from farming those elusive 15 tokens for 3 days (and 3 shark containers) now? Join Sharks now! :cap_haloween:

13 hours ago, Olr_Relic said:

LOL, it gets worse

So even more rewards for those players that started out in Sharks, as they were all due to move across to Eagles once they had maxed out their Loyalty with Sharks anyway.  The 20 extra Eagle Tokens will mean that they have to purchase fewer containers if they are trying to collect 2 or more of the camos as before this 'feature' the reported best they could have managed was 125 Shark Tokens and 95 Eagle Tokens. Now they can expect 125 and 115, so 2 fewer chargeable containers) 

Anyone who started and stayed in Eagles, on the other hand, is looking to move across to Sharks in the next few days as they are getting to the point of maxing out their Loyalty with Eagles. Switching back to Eagles for the tokens does not help as they need additional Sharks tokens to collect 2 or more camos. So an Eagles player could have expected 125 and 95 tokens, now if they switch back and forth they are looking at I think 150 and 90, so one additional chargeable container if they want 2 or more camos.

This event in question runs for a week.

what stops you to get those 15 shark tokens you would miss in those days now? (7.-10.06)

1 hour ago, Acetessigester said:

Hi, mate. Do you know whether the quest will be available on the ''whole'' 13rd August?

this.

15 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Real women smell like tuna, not chickens.

Those aren't real!

Seto+no+Hanayome+-+01+-+Large+01.jpg

(seto no Hanayome is an awesome anime though. Hilarious. Must watch. Really. :Smile_hiding:)

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,914 posts
7,018 battles
1 hour ago, Acetessigester said:

Hi, mate. Do you know whether the quest will be available on the ''whole'' 13rd August?

33 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

I am fairly sure I understand it as "this event ends on 13.06. at 6 AM

This event itself goes through the day instead of resetting at 6-ish AM like they normally do, that's where the assumption that the full day counts comes from.

Even more so - you have to click the "I participate" button till 13th, almost sounds like the "get 3 wins" will go past that date in case sharks can't get themselves together for the first 1...2 days :fish_palm:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,481 posts
8,025 battles
1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

This event itself goes through the day instead of resetting at 6-ish AM like they normally do, that's where the assumption that the full day counts comes from.

Even more so - you have to click the "I participate" button till 13th, almost sounds like the "get 3 wins" will go past that date in case sharks can't get themselves together for the first 1...2 days :fish_palm:

Welp I won't say no to all the freebies. :cap_haloween:

• Funny 1

[T-N-T]
Players
2,280 posts
10,489 battles

Well, this was kinda a foregone conclusion before the event even began (clans coordinating their approach).

That said, since the rewards are so bad, I dont care one bit.

Sign in to follow this