Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_R0N1N_

The Match Maker...

9 comments in this topic

Players
27 posts
6,911 battles

The eternal failure which is the match maker...

Ok, up tiering, I get, no issues there, it is what it is - mirror match making, yup I get that to (when it works), however how about introducing a cap or minimum on ship types per round...

A prime example being 4-5 DD's per team and the next round you have none despite they're showing in the que as waiting - Yeah I get Wargaming's policy is to get as many people in game as soon as possible but please really...??

Surely it must be possible to input a parameter to evenly distribute classes in rounds?

Another example being radar equipped Cruiser distribution, some rounds I've known one team to have four radar equipped ships and the other team one...

Is it so difficult to add parameters to the match maker so it actually works to give the player base an enjoyable experience rather than one of pure frustration?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Players
27 posts
6,911 battles

How predictable the reaction from some ^^^

It's actually FACT, the game dynamic is constantly changing - the matchmaker parameters on the other hand don't.

• Funny 1

[HOO]
Players
1,217 posts
2,529 battles
56 minutes ago, _R0N1N_ said:

The eternal failure which is the match maker...

Ok, up tiering, I get, no issues there, it is what it is - mirror match making, yup I get that to (when it works), however how about introducing a cap or minimum on ship types per round...

A prime example being 4-5 DD's per team and the next round you have none despite they're showing in the que as waiting - Yeah I get Wargaming's policy is to get as many people in game as soon as possible but please really...??

Surely it must be possible to input a parameter to evenly distribute classes in rounds?

Another example being radar equipped Cruiser distribution, some rounds I've known one team to have four radar equipped ships and the other team one...

Is it so difficult to add parameters to the match maker so it actually works to give the player base an enjoyable experience rather than one of pure frustration?

You do know WG are still working on MM changes right?

They gave us mirrored MM, a few patches ago ans said they were looking at further improvements.

And yes they could apply the balance changes you ask for, but queue times would increase, particularly at non peak times.

And the big thing WG keep the MM process doing, is getting people into matches as quickly as possible

Players
27 posts
6,911 battles
8 minutes ago, Fat_Maniac said:

You do know WG are still working on MM changes right?

They gave us mirrored MM, a few patches ago ans said they were looking at further improvements.

And yes they could apply the balance changes you ask for, but queue times would increase, particularly at non peak times.

And the big thing WG keep the MM process doing, is getting people into matches as quickly as possible

Just like they're working on the CV overhaul...

And it took how long to implement mirrored match making...?? 

Non peak time match making (or when the player base drops below a certain threshold) already exists and isn't relevant to what I've stated - I refer to peak time (if that's the term you prefer).

Match making is a fundamental basic of the game and should be a priority I would have thought - if you constantly change the game dynamic with ship changes etc then change the match making to encompass those changes.  

[ADRIA]
Players
4,814 posts
6,919 battles
1 hour ago, _R0N1N_ said:

Another example being radar equipped Cruiser distribution

Thing is, not only cruisers carry radar. Missouri, Black, PA DDs... And not all radar capable cruisers (like RN CLs) will actually have one.

I do think radars should be better balanced between the teams, but that could be too hard of a system to do it decently

Players
27 posts
6,911 battles
10 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Thing is, not only cruisers carry radar. Missouri, Black, PA DDs... And not all radar capable cruisers (like RN CLs) will actually have one.

I do think radars should be better balanced between the teams, but that could be too hard of a system to do it decently

That's a perfectly valid point, however when Wargaming make changes to ship dynamics surely they should then in turn also consider the knock on effect to the game as a whole especially in terms of matchmaking?

Players
206 posts
44 battles

Hello everyone ! 

There are already many thread to discuss about the MM.. Please use them :Smile_Default:

In consequence, this one has been locked.

Have a good day.

Jahpero

• Cool 1