Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
hgbn_dk

How to maximize the value of my tokens??

35 comments in this topic

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles

Been wondering about how to maximize the value of my Go Navy tokens. I'm not interested in the special perma camo's at all. So my question is how do I use my tokens in the most optimal way?

Beta Tester
2,035 posts
2,760 battles
1 minute ago, hgbn_dk said:

Been wondering about how to maximize the value of my Go Navy tokens. I'm not interested in the special perma camo's at all. So my question is how do I use my tokens in the most optimal way?

Containers. They give you coal as well as flags, both of which are very usefull elsewhere.

• Cool 2

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles

Thanks, makes sense it would buy me 58 containers in total with maximum tokens collected. total 26100 coal, 290 economic signals and a mix of 58 special flags and or camo's.

Beta Tester
2,035 posts
2,760 battles
2 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Thanks, makes sense it would buy me 58 containers in total with maximum tokens collected. total 26100 coal, 290 economic signals and a mix of 58 special flags and or camo's.

Indeed, which is a ton of value.

Players
1,386 posts
10,354 battles

I've just blown them all on containers. These yield some perma premium camos, some flags and a decent amount of coal, which in turn I'll probably blow on signal flags. The temptation is always there to save the coal for the Oktyabrskaya Revolutsiya though, which currently has been removed once again from the shop. I don't even know if you can buy it for gold in the game.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles

Go Navy ends up being a very lucrative event.. Providing if sharks continue to win it will net me 169 containers in total, not counting any leader board bonus containers. of which I have some.

Total 76050 coal 845 economic signals and a mix of 169 special flags and camo's

That's actual quite generous. Thanks WG

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles

Personally I save my coal for Salem or most likely Alaska if this ship ends up in the arsenal for coal.. Max 36 days and I have enough coal for Salem.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,360 posts
11,268 battles

Anybody knows the exact cutoff date of the event? It's important because this decides whether one can maximize one team's loyalty without "refuse offer" bonuses, just by always ending the day on the team. Do we get 25 event days or more?

It SEEMS like the next update should be 30th, giving us 29th as the last event day for a total of 27 event days... but I'm not 100% sure. It would be really lame to find out that I mixed something up and ended up lacking a couple loyalty points to get the batch of 100 tokens...

Beta Tester
2,035 posts
2,760 battles
2 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Anybody knows the exact cutoff date of the event? It's important because this decides whether one can maximize one team's loyalty without "refuse offer" bonuses, just by always ending the day on the team. Do we get 25 event days or more?

It SEEMS like the next update should be 30th, giving us 29th as the last event day for a total of 27 event days... but I'm not 100% sure. It would be really lame to find out that I mixed something up and ended up lacking a couple loyalty points to get the batch of 100 tokens...

At a potential five loyalty points a day you should get to the 75 needed with ease. :Smile-_tongue: Simple maths. Now if you're trying to aim for 75 in both teams, I don't think you'll make it.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,360 posts
11,268 battles
2 minutes ago, lafeel said:

At a potential five loyalty points a day you should get to the 75 needed with ease. :Smile-_tongue: Simple maths. Now if you're trying to aim for 75 in both teams, I don't think you'll make it.

I don't want to earn 5 loyalty per day. I want to earn 3 loyalty and a container per day :Smile-_tongue: I also do want to hit the 75 loyalty cap... but, obviously, there's little point in accumulating any more than that - so unless I'm short on event days, I don't really want to give up on containers for "refuse offer" bonuses.

Beta Tester
2,035 posts
2,760 battles
1 minute ago, eliastion said:

I don't want to earn 5 loyalty per day. I want to earn 3 loyalty and a container per day :Smile-_tongue: I also do want to hit the 75 loyalty cap... but, obviously, there's little point in accumulating any more than that - so unless I'm short on event days, I don't really want to give up on containers for "refuse offer" bonuses.

Except you get a one for being on the winning side in case you hadn't heard. You're literally not gaining jack *edited* by changing teams like that.:fish_palm:

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,360 posts
11,268 battles
25 minutes ago, lafeel said:

Except you get a one for being on the winning side in case you hadn't heard. You're literally not gaining jack *edited* by changing teams like that.:fish_palm:

Scenario 1:

- I start the day with Eagles

- an offer comes and I accept it, getting 1 container

- I'm on the Sharks team at the end of the day and Sharks win (again), I get 3 Shark loyalty and a victory container

gains for the day (excluding personal progress that's irrelevant for team switching): 2 containers and 3 loyalty for the team I'm accumulating loyalty for

Scenario 2:

- I start with Sharks

- an offer comes and I refuse it, getting 2 loyalty

- I'm on the Sharks team at the end of the day and Sharks win (again), I get 3 Shark loyalty and a victory container

gains for the day (excluding personal progress that's irrelevant for team switching): 1 container and 5 loyalty for the team I'm accumulating loyalty for

A quick calculation that even I am capable of seems to suggest that

2 containers > 1 container

and

for d (number of event days) >= 25

min(d*3, 75) = min(d*5, 75)

Therefore, for consistently picking scenario 1, I don't really lose loyalty rewards (since I hit the cap anyway) BUT I get more containers every day. I don't know about you, but to me it looks like a gain.

HOWEVER - and that's where my question came from - all that is assuming d value to be no less than 25. With less days, there's the need to earn 5 loyalty on a couple days to hit the cap (that's worth 100 tokens, equivalent to 20 containers if you don't care about other rewards).

[NOCAP]
Players
329 posts
13,258 battles

Pretty sure Alaska will not end up in the arsenal, because WeeGee loves money, and people spend tonnes of money on FXP. Same cannot be said for Coal, because apart from the current event containers, there is no method of purchasing it.

Beta Tester
2,035 posts
2,760 battles
13 minutes ago, eliastion said:

Scenario 1:

gains for the day (excluding personal progress that's irrelevant for team switching): 2 containers and 3 loyalty for the team I'm accumulating loyalty for

Scenario 2:

- I start with Sharks

gains for the day (excluding personal progress that's irrelevant for team switching): 1 container and 5 loyalty for the team I'm accumulating loyalty for

and

Therefore, for consistently picking scenario 1, I don't really lose loyalty rewards (since I hit the cap anyway) BUT I get more containers every day. I don't know about you, but to me it looks like a gain.

HOWEVER - and that's where my question came from - all that is assuming d value to be no less than 25. With less days, there's the need to earn 5 loyalty on a couple days to hit the cap (that's worth 100 tokens, equivalent to 20 containers if you don't care about other rewards).

In game it says clearly that the competition will run from the 27th of july, to the 21st of august. So your dates are a bit off sir.

Players
4,085 posts
6,257 battles
8 minutes ago, OttoZander said:

Pretty sure Alaska will not end up in the arsenal, because WeeGee loves money, and people spend tonnes of money on FXP. Same cannot be said for Coal, because apart from the current event containers, there is no method of purchasing it.

You are right about the Free-XP and People. At the same time: who knows, if there wont be a possibility to buy Coal from time to time? When its not always possible, people will make sure of a chance when they get it... And it might even be more expensive then FXP-conversion :/ Just sayin, its all possible.

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,360 posts
11,268 battles
58 minutes ago, lafeel said:

In game it says clearly that the competition will run from the 27th of july, to the 21st of august. So your dates are a bit off sir.

Oh, it's already the second week that it's running, I was so sure we got just a couple days of that so far :Smile_teethhappy:

Anyway, thx, that's the info I needed. Seems like we get exactly 26 event days. The number I need plus one spare (in case I forget to wake up for 24h or WG messes up the count :Smile-_tongue: ).

36 minutes ago, DangerousDave2k said:

Can anyone link me to the details of how tokens and loyalty work in this event? I've been googling but can't find it.

You can read some of thist in-game by hovering in right places... a bit more information (though not as clearly presented as I'd like) can be obtained if you chew through this article

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

But if you don't want to go there and read, I think I can summarize what matters for you:

As for the relation between loyalty and tokens, it's quite simple (and it's one of the less clearly described things, too): you can accumulate up to 75 loyalty for a single team. Along the way there are thresholds and as soon as you reach each threshold, you're awarded tokens:

3 loyalty -> 5 tokens
10 -> 15
25 -> 25
50 -> 50
75 -> 100

These are not separate tracks, these are checkpoints on one long 75-loyalty track and you're rewarded for each checkpoint you pass (as you pas it), so if you're, like me, at 27 loyalty, your total tokens for the team will be 5 + 15 + 25 = 45 (unless some were already spent or you got some extra from premium shop crates, of course) because at 27 loyalty you're already past the first three checkpoints.

As for the way to EARN loyalty, there are only two ways:

1. Be in the team at the end of the day AND earn at least one point for the team during the day - this gives you 3 loyalty

2. Be in the team, receive an offer to switch and refuse - this gives you 2 loyalty; you can only get one offer per day, so if you refuse an offer, you're also guaranteed to be in the same team at the end of the day, so the #1 loyalty earning at the end of the day is also a given

The way to get tokens is either to earn them by accumulating Loyalty (look above)... or you can kinda buy them since the crates from the Premium Shop (that one where you directly spend real money, not to be confused with Arsenal) have some tokens in them.

As for what tokens are for... well, this is the easiest part: they are currency (or rather: two separate currencies that don't mix) that can be spent in the Arsenal.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles
9 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Providing if sharks continue to win....

Expect a turn of events on day 16...

I've got a feeling things will change on that day.

Well at least I will "change my mind" about which team to support once I reach the sharks loyality cap.:Smile_hiding:

8 hours ago, eliastion said:

Scenario 1:

Scenario 2:

- I start with Sharks

and

It's dangerous to assume one team will always win.... (see above) :Smile_hiding:

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles
7 hours ago, eliastion said:

Oh, it's already the second week that it's running, I was so sure we got just a couple days of that so far :Smile_teethhappy:

Anyway, thx, that's the info I needed. Seems like we get exactly 26 event days. The number I need plus one spare (in case I forget to wake up for 24h or WG messes up the count :Smile-_tongue: ).

You can read some of thist in-game by hovering in right places... a bit more information (though not as clearly presented as I'd like) can be obtained if you chew through this article

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/common/go-navy-rules/

But if you don't want to go there and read, I think I can summarize what matters for you:

As for the relation between loyalty and tokens, it's quite simple (and it's one of the less clearly described things, too): you can accumulate up to 75 loyalty for a single team. Along the way there are thresholds and as soon as you reach each threshold, you're awarded tokens:

3 loyalty -> 5 tokens
10 -> 15
25 -> 25
50 -> 50
75 -> 100

These are not separate tracks, these are checkpoints on one long 75-loyalty track and you're rewarded for each checkpoint you pass (as you pas it), so if you're, like me, at 27 loyalty, your total tokens for the team will be 5 + 15 + 25 = 45 (unless some were already spent or you got some extra from premium shop crates, of course) because at 27 loyalty you're already past the first three checkpoints.

As for the way to EARN loyalty, there are only two ways:

1. Be in the team at the end of the day AND earn at least one point for the team during the day - this gives you 3 loyalty

2. Be in the team, receive an offer to switch and refuse - this gives you 2 loyalty; you can only get one offer per day, so if you refuse an offer, you're also guaranteed to be in the same team at the end of the day, so the #1 loyalty earning at the end of the day is also a given

The way to get tokens is either to earn them by accumulating Loyalty (look above)... or you can kinda buy them since the crates from the Premium Shop (that one where you directly spend real money, not to be confused with Arsenal) have some tokens in them.

As for what tokens are for... well, this is the easiest part: they are currency (or rather: two separate currencies that don't mix) that can be spent in the Arsenal.

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles
30 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

Expect a turn of events on day 16...

I've got a feeling things will change on that day. :Smile_hiding:

It's dangerous to assume one team will always win.... (see above) :Smile_hiding:

Yep same feeling I have... But I still only count 15 containers as the team win bonus.. To be on the safe side

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,412 posts
7,851 battles
24 minutes ago, hgbn_dk said:

Yep same feeling I have... But I still only count 15 containers as the team win bonus.. To be on the safe side

well it is possible to flip that strategy around and just do the same with the premise the eagles are winning.

As this would mean 45 Loyalty points (3*15) the extra spare day should be invested to get the last 5 Loyalty points for the 50 Tokens for 50 Loyalty.

I guess that is the way to get the maximum amount of coal out of it.

Provided Eagles win from day 16 onwards.

[CAIN]
Players
2,742 posts
11,013 battles
10 hours ago, lafeel said:

How do you get 5 loyalty points per day?

[3STG]
Players
328 posts
10,519 battles
12 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

By choosing a team and then refusing an offer to change the team. (3+2)

[DC-DK]
Players
2,413 posts
24,466 battles
12 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

you earn 3 points every day plus the 2 you'll get declining the team switch invite

Sign in to follow this