You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

National voiceover

17 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles

Jt6hzvl.png 

Hey captains,

Ive noticed that my Gadjah Mada captain has american voiceover even tho its in PA line (did not notice before because I was using Dasha Perova for such a long time now :P).

Im using the settings above ... I know GM its "Taiwanese" ... is that the reason it dont have the "Chinese" voice over?

PS: Whats "National voiceover+" ? Did not notice any difference...

Thanx :)

[ADRIA]
Players
4,820 posts
6,919 battles

I think PA ships got their language removed bcuz they represent multiple nations, not just one. Something like that

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles
3 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

I think PA ships got their language removed bcuz they represent multiple nations, not just one. Something like that

giphy.gif

• Funny 1

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
410 posts

I think with "National Voiceover" you hear the national voices, but with "National Voiceover+" you hear those on the normal ships but hear the special voiceovers for captains with their own voicesets. 

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles
12 minutes ago, Johmie said:

I think with "National Voiceover" you hear the national voices, but with "National Voiceover+" you hear those on the normal ships but hear the special voiceovers for captains with their own voicesets. 

JZ3c.gif

• Funny 1

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Im using the settings above ... I know GM its "Taiwanese" ... is that the reason it dont have the "Chinese" voice over?

It's Indonesian...

[BYOB]
Players
3,390 posts
12,013 battles
20 minutes ago, That_Other_Nid said:

I turned off voice overs and cannot imagine ever turning it back on. 

I switched to Mermaid's Wrath and I'm really enjoying it now. :cap_cool:

Hey OP not only did WG disable the PA national voiceover, they also didn't enable the new captain portraits and names that were planned for the PA DDs. They are still in the client though.

They made one RoC, one Indonesian, one Thai, and one Korean portrait.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles
11 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

It's Indonesian...

I knew I will get it wrong, but didnt care to check :D thanx man!

[ARYA]
Players
440 posts
9,118 battles

Even special captains selecting national voiceover+ they just speak english !

[BOBS3]
[BOBS3]
Players
410 posts
27 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

JZ3c.gif

That's nice, neither do I.

I suppose the gif is a rude way of saying "what do you mean by that?"

To ignore the rudeness, and answer the apparent question, each nation has voices for its ships in that nation's language and/or accent. With "national voiceover" you hear French for French, German for German, and so forth. There are captains with their own specific voices though, such as the anime ones and before his removal Steven Segal. With "national voiceover+"  you would hear the specific voices for them rather than the generic national voice, so for example if you had the Azur Lane Nelson captain then you would hear her voice rather than the normal British voiceover.

This was introduced in Update 0.7.3

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/update_073/

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,291 posts
11,774 battles

I keep it all on US English as well N9. I'd like to be actually warned of incoming torps when tunnel visioning rather than some exotic rambling. Torpedo's!!! I actually understand.

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,950 posts
3,877 battles
8 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

6 hours ago, Aragathor said:

Hey OP not only did WG disable the PA national voiceover, they also didn't enable the new captain portraits and names that were planned for the PA DDs. They are still in the client though.

They made one RoC, one Indonesian, one Thai, and one Korean portrait.

Glad to see that WG stamped out all the national parts of the PA tech tree just for the wording they used in the announcement.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles

Hmm... while I'm not using it myself, I got the impression that National Voiceover+ made it so that quick commands from other ships uses their specific nations voiceover.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,908 posts
7,759 battles
8 hours ago, Johmie said:

That's nice, neither do I.

I suppose the gif is a rude way of saying "what do you mean by that?"

To ignore the rudeness, and answer the apparent question, each nation has voices for its ships in that nation's language and/or accent. With "national voiceover" you hear French for French, German for German, and so forth. There are captains with their own specific voices though, such as the anime ones and before his removal Steven Segal. With "national voiceover+"  you would hear the specific voices for them rather than the generic national voice, so for example if you had the Azur Lane Nelson captain then you would hear her voice rather than the normal British voiceover.

This was introduced in Update 0.7.3

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/updates/update_073/

Guess my joke did not hit a solid ground :)

Sorry If mistaken for rudeness.

1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

Hmm... while I'm not using it myself, I got the impression that National Voiceover+ made it so that quick commands from other ships uses their specific nations voiceover.

It does that if I only pick "National".

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,563 posts
8,253 battles
5 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

It does that if I only pick "National".

That's strange.

Back when that was the only option it definitely didn't do that for me, it just changed the overall voiceover based on the ship you yourself were sailing. So if you were in a Japanese ship, every quick command from other players were also in Japanese regardless of their ship.

Players
1,647 posts
6,691 battles

The whole system is f*cked at the moment.

My only Pan Asian ship speaks german...

My Vampire speaks in some battles british english in others german...

My Edinburgh with the Azure Lane Nelson captain speaks a wierd mix of british english and the anime voice...

So thats the "Ultra" in Warships Ultra, eh?