You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue

46 hits, 3200 damage...

39 comments in this topic

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,221 battles

So, how the hell its possible to hit a Des Moines at 10 km 46 times ( I was defending our cap)  ,  Des Moines run aground and got stuck, so he make a perfect target - and I got only 3600 damage ?

That.s some 69 (!!!) damage / hit ! I know my 155 mm are small, ( I was in a Clevi) - but I found ridiculous this kind of damage...  Most of the hits fall on his mid-section, he was stopped,  and I confess was like shooting pee-pee water-gun at him...

I know a tier 8 cruiser vs a tier 10 one its hard pain, still... 69 damage for a hit ? Hell, even a 128mm DD gun do more damage ! 

(the game ended in 5 min, my team got smashed fast...)

Your opinion, guys  ? 5b66ddf9e32c6_WorldofWarshipsScreenshot2018_08.05-12_19_54_07.png.9308728291d14bc1e04735a5102c0a2f.png

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles

only thing i can think of u had AP loaded and hit his bow 

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles

the answer is simple - you lack knowledge of where to aim and what to shoot. you were either firing AP at an angled ship, or HE (probably without IFHE) at his belt, and despite the lack of results you didnt even think to change anything by the looks of it...

• Cool 3

Players
3,700 posts
7,338 battles

HE but not using IFHE skill, the only part of a DM that'll be penetrated is the superstructure and that probably got saturated.

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,221 battles
Just now, loppantorkel said:

Or maybe damage saturation.

He was 50-60% HP when I die... and to see salvo after salvo falling right on mid section with no results at all its so fraking frustrating....

[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles

You do know how he overmatch works right? 155mm he overmatch = 155/6 = 25mm of he overmatch, meaning that if you hit any armor thicker than 25mm, your shells will shatter and deal zero damage.

This is why ifhe is important on high tier 155mm guns, as that will increase your he overmatch by enought to penetrate most bits on cruisers and battleship bows etc. 

• Cool 1

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,221 battles
1 minute ago, Tyrendian89 said:

the answer is simple - you lack knowledge of where to aim and what to shoot. you were either firing AP at an angled ship, or HE (probably without IFHE) at his belt, and despite the lack of results you didnt even think to change anything by the looks of it...

"where to aim" its a bit stupid when we think I was using HE, right ? Please read my post again, you miss the part where I wrote he was grounded, stationary, and with broadside to me. 

[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles
Just now, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

"where to aim" its a bit stupid when we think I was using HE, right ? Please read my post again, you miss the part where I wrote he was grounded, stationary, and with broadside to me. 

Where to aim is very important when using he lol... You gotta aim at armor that you can actually overmatch... See my above statement

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
Just now, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

yes, and you were obviously shooting the wrong parts of his ship... which is even more your fault considering "he was grounded, stationary and with broadside to" you.

You might want to look into how HE works, especially now that WG have started to acutally tell us such things themselves via the How It Works series.

• Cool 1

Players
178 posts
1,974 battles
2 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

You clearly didn't set him on fire twice as you have no fire ribbons. Also if he was stuck, broadside on and stationary, why not just load AP and dunk his citadel?

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
2 minutes ago, thiextar said:

You do know how he overmatch works right? 155mm he overmatch = 155/6 = 25mm of he overmatch, meaning that if you hit any armor thicker than 25mm, your shells will shatter and deal zero damage.

This is why ifhe is important on high tier 155mm guns, as that will increase your he overmatch by enought to penetrate most bits on cruisers and battleship bows etc. 

overmatch is the entirely wrong term here by the way. HE does not overmatch anything, ever. It just penetrates, or doesnt.

• Cool 1

Players
178 posts
1,974 battles
Just now, Tyrendian89 said:

overmatch is the entirely wrong term here by the way. HE does not overmatch anything, ever. It just penetrates, or doesnt.

Overmatch is a really bad term in general, to be honest.

[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles

If you were firing He without ifhe at his broadside, then the only part of the ship that you had a chance of damaging, was the superstructure.

If you had ifhe however, you couldh ave damaged him anywhere except for the belt armor

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,221 battles

I do not have IEHE, that.s the reason, I suppose, but his supra-structure its only 16mm.... and that was the only part I could hit.... all other sides probably are invulnerable, since the armor its over 25mm...

5 hours ago, thiextar said:

If you were firing He without ifhe at his broadside, then the only part of the ship that you had a chance of damaging, was the superstructure.

If you had ifhe however, you couldh ave damaged him anywhere except for the belt armor

That is, thanks .

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,106 posts
7,842 battles
1 minute ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

eh? Overmatch is a mechanic in the game  - it just has nothing to do with HE...

• Cool 1

[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles
15 minutes ago, The_Dunk_Squad said:

I like to use overmatch as a term whenever the "Penetration" Is based on the gun calibre rather than the pen value of the shell. Now i know that he shells pen value is just the calibre/6(with some exceptions) But in my minds, it makes things easier to keep all calibre based "pens" as overmatches. Less confusion that way.

When talking about penning something, yoiu have to bring in angles and all sort of things, he doesnt care about angles, just pure thickness, so it is way closer to overmatch than pen calculation.

Not to mention fuse times and such.

He is just a simple number that has to be bigger than pure thickness and nothing else, that sounds way closer to overmatch than pen calculation to me

[SNUBS]
Players
1,293 posts
6,853 battles
6 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

ts a bit stupid when we think I was using HE, right

he  has to deal with armor to you know  

[-AP-]
Players
745 posts
2,918 battles
6 minutes ago, SEN_SEN_Channel_Portugue said:

Now checking the replay, indeed I not even start a single fire, someone else burn him, not me...

Thanks to all who help me understand, guys ! :fish_happy:

We made you understand sorta how high explosive works, but i think that a very important piece of info has sorta gone unnoticed here: If he was sitting broadside to you, at close-medium range, and you had the perfect shot at his side, you could have super-deleted him with some ap, im talking atleast 10x more damage than he, possibly to the point of oneshotting him.

High explosive isnt always the best choice, even for small calibers such as 155mm

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 minute ago, thiextar said:

We made you understand sorta how high explosive works, but i think that a very important piece of info has sorta gone unnoticed here: If he was sitting broadside to you, at close-medium range, and you had the perfect shot at his side, you could have super-deleted him with some ap, im talking atleast 10x more damage than he, possibly to the point of oneshotting him.

High explosive isnt always the best choice, even for small calibers such as 155mm

One has to wonder how the OP has so little knowledge about how ammo mechanics work in the game after the amount of games it has.

Good testament that you can always fail your way up.

At least it seems to have gotten the message now.

[SEN]
Players
230 posts
7,221 battles
2 minutes ago, thiextar said:

I was lobbing shells, and I was thinking I cant hit his belt perfect for a cit ( I was behind some rocks) ... my bad ...

Players
3,700 posts
7,338 battles
39 minutes ago, thiextar said:

Just to be clear, the only 155mm guns in the game are on Mogami, every other 6" gun is 152 mm.

This is important because 152 mm won't penetrate 25 mm armour without IFHE, 152/6 = 25.3, rounds down to 25 mm and the penetration figure needs to be greater than the armour, not equal.

• Cool 1