You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Wolly9102

MM need work

25 comments in this topic

[DEGC]
Players
4 posts
4,923 battles

Hi forum and WG.

I've seen this mutiple times per day and it's has going on for some time. I really don't want to play tier 8 anymore because of this. I

rwa.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
3 minutes ago, Wolly9102 said:

Hi forum and WG.

I've seen this mutiple times per day and it's has going on for some time. I really don't want to play tier 8 anymore because of this. I

rwa.jpg

It could be worse. You could be a cruiser.

• Funny 1

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Looks like a +2 tier spread, working as intended?

Spoiler

:Smile_trollface: 

[ADRIA]
Players
4,822 posts
6,919 battles
11 minutes ago, Riselotte said:

You mean like this?

vSROKFa.jpg

Naaah:

Spoiler

sjZp4Wi.jpg

QxBIXhB.jpg

Tbh as I see it there's no difference if cruiser is top or bottom tier - if a BB shoots you you're either screwed or he misses. Tier is irrelevant

[DEGC]
Players
4 posts
4,923 battles
9 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Looks like a +2 tier spread, working as intended?

Reveal hidden contents

:Smile_trollface: 

according to WG it does:cap_hmm:

1 minute ago, Hedgehog1963 said:

Only happy when you're top tier?

I don't care if top-tier or not. But the screenshot in my first post is just rediculous. :) 

[POI--]
Players
4,313 posts
5,395 battles
2 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

You mean like this?

vSROKFa.jpg

Naaah:

Reveal hidden contents

sjZp4Wi.jpg

QxBIXhB.jpg

Tbh as I see it there's no difference if cruiser is top or bottom tier - if a BB shoots you you're either screwed or he misses. Tier is irrelevant

Eh... T8 is likely one of the tiers were MM matters most. Getting into a T6-8 match vs T8-10 is a huge difference for cruisers, as vs lower tiers, you got a pretty good chance, while against upper tiers, not just BBs beat you up with accurate gunnery, but also the cruisers all now get repair party, so you're just screwed. And for ships like for example Hipper, T6-8 means likely half or more of the BBs will bounce off your 27 mm plating. At T10, noone does. 

[-RM-]
Players
149 posts
2,261 battles

The current horrible matchmaking for T8s is the main reason I've only once spent money/dubloons on a T8 premium and never done so again (I got given some santa gifts on my other account, then bought a few thousand dubloons extra so I could buy the Loyang - great ship and hella fun to play, but not against T10s). As much I'd love the Tirpitz, the Kidd or the Alabama, I just don't think it would be a profitable use of quite a large amount of money if I'm going to constantly be blapped by Yamatos from great ranges, or radared to death from about 5 different radars which roughly seem 2 years each or divebombed for 20k HP each from Midway AP bombers.

Nope, currently I just treat T8 as "The tier to be ground through as fast as possible without looking back". It's slightly sad, as my Bismarck will only be dusted off for the Ranked seasons.

[UN]
Weekend Tester
883 posts
20,893 battles

Not gonna happen without pressure, so vote with your wallet. Start by not giving in to buy 3 or 6 Go Navy crates to maximize the perma camos you can get.

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
592 posts
14,583 battles

I find that tier 8 gets the worst MM ever and don't know why.  Most of the times you are put in tier 10 matches and sadly you are expected to carry them too since many high tier players have no idea on how to play....

[ARYA]
Players
440 posts
9,129 battles

It is worst tier to play but still you can have nice results !!

shot-18_08.01_20_17.28-0971.jpg.1ebfd33cshot-18_08.01_20_18.32-0638.jpg.cd756a31

Players
130 posts

I've had some good games with my Hipper and Mogami. I stick to just long range fire exchange cause most of the ships I fire has a heal. T9 and T10 cruiser can get arrogant and make mistakes cause they have heal. Its pretty frustrating if they manage to disengage, hide behind a rock and come back with almost full health. Once I'm done with my Hipper I'm gonna try out my Prinz Eugen.

With Kii Ive had some good team play too. Just keep you distance and use those Brotherhood of Nod stealth technologies and you are golden.

Bismarck I just cant handle, gonna lock her up in port.

[HOO]
Players
1,218 posts
2,535 battles
11 hours ago, Riselotte said:

I have been that cruiser. My fingers hurt from all the WASD haxing

• Funny 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
592 posts
14,583 battles

Or the fact that for some strange reason my teams just refuse to win for almost 3 days in a row.... The majority of matches are victories that are turned into defeats because most of my team mates are below 45% winrate... Still, I'm the one to be blamed...

shot-18.08.02_08.08.40-0190.jpg

Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

Thank WG for putting everyone to grind the legendary upgrades and the Eagles vs Sharks thing being most rewarding at T10 and making T10 the only relevant tier to play these days in general.

• Cool 3

Weekend Tester
612 posts

I EDIT hate playing tier8 in tier10. I hate tier10 gameplay in general.

I like tier8 ships, and I like playing against other tier8 ships.

I'm annoyed by all comments saying t8 can do OK in t10 battles. That's not the point.

It's depressing if you check the distribution of tiers on EU server. Tier10 outnumber lower tiers in their matcmaking by almost double.

Edited by Kampa1987
Vulgarism

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
On 8/5/2018 at 2:22 AM, wilkatis_LV said:

You mean like this?

vSROKFa.jpg

Naaah:

Hide contents

sjZp4Wi.jpg

QxBIXhB.jpg

This is specific for the French line. Martel is much easier than Louis, I liked T8 and I struggle in T9, in the same MM basically. In other lines higher tier makes it easier. Even if we count only T9 vs T8. There are some exceptions like nerfed-to-the-ground Neptune (and I like it so much before that I bought a camo...), or Ibuki (which for me is basically slower-firing Mogami). 

Anyway, T10 are so much stronger than T9 and most T9 are much stronger than T8.

Random moments when you can hit 2 tiers higher target, survive, and get this nice XP bonus - are just that: RANDOM. And I hate random. :cap_viking:

On 8/5/2018 at 3:02 AM, Caljostro said:

Not gonna happen without pressure, so vote with your wallet. Start by not giving in to buy 3 or 6 Go Navy crates to maximize the perma camos you can get.

I think you are overestimating WG sensitivity to players opinions :cap_old:

On 8/5/2018 at 6:42 AM, Atorpad said:

It is worst tier to play but still you can have nice results !!

shot-18_08.01_20_17.28-0971.jpg.1ebfd33cshot-18_08.01_20_18.32-0638.jpg.cd756a31

RANDOM. BTW only 3 T10 boats in your setup, including 2 DD (and only 1 CA + 1DD T9) which for Balti is actually insanely good MM. 

And how many really fully T10 Balti games did you have, when you were blapped by T10 BB/CA or just could not do anything? :cap_cool:

On 8/5/2018 at 2:16 PM, SHDRKN4792 said:

Thank WG for putting everyone to grind the legendary upgrades and the Eagles vs Sharks thing being most rewarding at T10 and making T10 the only relevant tier to play these days in general.

Yes. WG always pushed people towards T10, but nowadays it is simply becoming disgusting. I'm curious how tier statistics will look after few weeks of that. :cap_fainting:

On 8/5/2018 at 3:39 PM, _ramrus_ said:

I like tier8 ships, and I like playing against other tier8 ships.

I'm annoyed by all comments saying t8 can do OK in t10 battles. That's not the point.

It's depressing if you check the distribution of tiers on EU server. Tier10 outnumber lower tiers in their matcmaking by almost double.

But WG does not care. You MUST play T10, and if you don't they will make other tiers even more miserable! :Smile_bajan2:

[ARYA]
Players
440 posts
9,129 battles
1 hour ago, EdiJo said:

RANDOM. BTW only 3 T10 boats in your setup, including 2 DD (and only 1 CA + 1DD T9) which for Balti is actually insanely good MM. 

And how many really fully T10 Balti games did you have, when you were blapped by T10 BB/CA or just could not do anything? :cap_cool:

As i said it is worst tier to play !! but i dont save all my battles result  . i took these pics from a topic here ...

This game is all about randoms ! isn't it?!

No excuse please .Balti's armor is just like DM and buffalo but no heal 

tVIII is so much powerful for lower tiers and without heal is so weak for upper tiers . what is your suggestion for MM?!

Players
102 posts
1 hour ago, Atorpad said:

what is your suggestion for MM?!

only one tier difference. two is crap broken game, any t6 ship suck hard vs any t8, and any t8 is s**t in non-stop t10 game. 

• Cool 1

[ALONE]
Players
1,416 posts
10,918 battles
2 minutes ago, Atorpad said:

As i said it is worst tier to play !! but i dont save all my battles result  . i took these pics from a topic here ...

This game is all about randoms ! isn't it?!

I mentioned RANDOM because being the lowest tier you get huge XP bonus when dealing dmg to 2 tiers higher boats. BUT you need special rare opportunities to do that, because... well, you are much weaker and typically it is rather them hunting & farming you.

And yes, this game IS "all about randoms", as WG convinces us every day. Skill influence is minimized by MM and ship nerfs, and there are no skill requirements for advancing to higher tiers.

No excuse please .Balti's armor is just like DM and buffalo but no heal 

Well, I dunno. I personally find Buffalo very hard to survive when I play it. Also I play T10 BB/CA quite often and I find T8-T9 US CA very easy to kill, and DM very hard to dug out. Still don't understand, why, because the armor and guns are really similar between Buffalo and DM...

tVIII is so much powerful for lower tiers and without heal is so weak for upper tiers . what is your suggestion for MM?!

If you really ask, max 1 tier difference MM !!!

• Cool 1

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
4,354 posts
11,267 battles
19 hours ago, Wolly9102 said:

Hi forum and WG.

rwa.jpg

I'd put the blame on the Go Navy event. You get much more points for playing t10. Even points for kills are, for some reason, calculated based on YOUR tier rather than the tier of the thing you kill. I'm pretty sure that t10 population is currenly 2-3 times as big as normal, making t10 matches more common and more saturated with actual t10 ships.

Players
102 posts

nope, this broken s**t mm it's for years. i have 5k t8 battles, 2100 t9 &  3200 t10  and i can say  that. i have  hundreds of matches in which i am the only one t8 in t10 team and  i have other hundreds when i play t10 ships and i see only one or two poor t8 guys.  should be changed as soon as possible, there are enough players, 2 tier difference it is not necessary,   is just stupid and annoying

[SCRUB]
Players
2,008 posts
4 hours ago, BombastvonHohenheim said:

(...)is just stupid and annoying 

That's the entire idea - to force people to either skip, or grind through T8 to T10 as quickly as possible.

DD's don't care though. :Smile_great:

Players
102 posts
11 hours ago, Skyllon said:

That's the entire idea - to force people to either skip, or grind through T8 to T10 as quickly as possible.

ya, crap idea.  general strike if wg keep on this s**t :D